Christmas 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This year I really want to make my gifts, I always say this and prep but never end up doing it though :(

Reactions: 3
Does anyone do any Christmassy crafts? My local branch of The Works have started to get their Christmas Craft stock in. I always like the idea of making things but have zero imagination 🙈View attachment 2307778
If you buy some very inexpensive plain baubles, some paper clay and some moulds of designs you like (ebay, Ali-express sell moulds and some crafting places), you could make some stunning baubles, that you could even gift. I upcycle and make quite a lot of things not just Christmas decorations, that way you can choose colours and styles that best suit your home or the person you’re gifting it to.
I didn’t make these ones below (a lady demonstrates how to make them on YouTube) but just wanted to give you an idea of what I mean.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I got my wrapping paper from Wilko last year, really lovely brown paper with a woodland theme. I made all my gift tags, 2 layers, woodland animal on the bottom and then a snowflake on the vellum overlay.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
ordered my mum some jewellery for xmas that arrived today, thankfully think she'll rlly like it! thought i'd mention as i've used them in the past, the tiny box company is great for packaging them up. they do all the extras as well but you can't go wrong with their plain purpose made boxes. great if you're planning to make gifts or sell bits too imo

• Heart
Reactions: 5
After all this talk of treating yourself to a Christmas present, the other day I bought myself an Emma Bridgewater mug. I mean why not it's Christmas in July after all! 🤭

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
After all this talk of treating yourself to a Christmas present, the other day I bought myself an Emma Bridgewater mug. I mean why not it's Christmas in July after all! 🤭
I would spend every penny I have, and don't have, on Emma Bridgewater 😍 Limited edition items are my favourite though.

Another Park savings girly here. Every year it lets me enjoy Christmas and all the amazing bits on sale especially M&S. Still heavily disappointed that their alcohol spray cream cans haven't been back for years 😔 Those on top of a Christmas pudding? Homer drool.

I'm a single woman who loves Christmas and enjoys buying for my nieces more than receiving anything. Apparently my face is super expressive and it's really obvious when my present is awful so we tend to stick to gift cards and booze. Single malt and Baileys is the way to my heart.

Reactions: 14
I would spend every penny I have, and don't have, on Emma Bridgewater 😍 Limited edition items are my favourite though.

Another Park savings girly here. Every year it lets me enjoy Christmas and all the amazing bits on sale especially M&S. Still heavily disappointed that their alcohol spray cream cans haven't been back for years 😔 Those on top of a Christmas pudding? Homer drool.

I'm a single woman who loves Christmas and enjoys buying for my nieces more than receiving anything. Apparently my face is super expressive and it's really obvious when my present is awful so we tend to stick to gift cards and booze. Single malt and Baileys is the way to my heart.
Bar the single malt we sound very similar 🤣 I try to open presents on my own at home so I can openly let out my WTF face...before sending a thanks for the presents text 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Another who'd say pajamas, slipper socks, snacks and maybe a couple of face masks. Include a cocktail can, mini wine or beer bottle if it's for an adult.

Reactions: 5
Adults
---
I’m looking for inspiration on how to really spice up Christmas this year with useful things that don’t clutter, my family always loved gifting food
I have gifted a friend a Christmas stocking with his favourite chocolates and mini bottles of Baileys.

Not on the high street have curry spice gift sets too, if you like food gifts.

https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/...ToOZGVmYXVsdF9zZWFyY2hIAWgB&referredBy=search

Or maybe fruit and nut selections? https://www.nuttydelights.ie/gourmet-nuts

Reactions: 1
Adults
---
I’m looking for inspiration on how to really spice up Christmas this year with useful things that don’t clutter, my family always loved gifting food
Socks, Pj's, a book, or if they like puzzles a puzzle book, mini bottle of wine, chocolates.

Reactions: 1
Socks, Pj's, a book, or if they like puzzles a puzzle book, mini bottle of wine, chocolates.
Don’t forget the cuddly toy …….Sorry I couldn’t resist (me bad) It took me back to the Generation Game and the conveyor belt 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I was thinking of getting bingo equipment for Christmas Eve 😆
---
Don’t forget the cuddly toy …….Sorry I couldn’t resist (me bad) It took me back to the Generation Game and the conveyor belt 😉
Must get/give cuddly toy but only for my husband as my work staff will think it’s trash

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I was thinking of getting bingo equipment for Christmas Eve 😆
We normally get something we can all do together. One year we got some animal balloon modelling kits. 🤔 All I can say is not one of them turned out looking like the animal they were suppose to be, even after a few drinks.
Although that may have been the problem, alcohol and balloon modelling aren’t perhaps the best combo. 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I'm spending Xmas eve and morning alone, so any tips to make it less miserable would be appreciated please

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.