Christmas 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dont know if it's just me but when I'm buying presents for others at Christmas, I buy myself a little something too :ROFLMAO: (or a lot) so that I'm not disappointed if I get tit gifts as I know I've got what I really want already
Oh yeah I always do this. 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Dont know if it's just me but when I'm buying presents for others at Christmas, I buy myself a little something too :ROFLMAO: (or a lot) so that I'm not disappointed if I get tit gifts as I know I've got what I really want already
I'm going to do this, last year I gave loads of hints and it was a disaster, and couldn't get what I liked in sales when I discovered I didn't get anything I liked

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm going to do this, last year I gave loads of hints and it was a disaster, and couldn't get what I liked in sales when I discovered I didn't get anything I liked
Same :ROFLMAO: I gave hints one year that I wanted some smellies and bath stuff (thinking they'd get something special like spa/luxury stuff, Rituals, Sanctuary etc) and I ended up getting loads of cheap bubble baths that was like fairy liquid and irriated my skin :cautious: ffs. I say to people to get whatever they think now and just buy myself what I want 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
What do you buy for yourselves?
Boots 3 for 2, I get 2 for someone else 1 for me. Get myself a new christmas jumper or dress for Christmas day, a beauty advent calendar. Perfumes in the black friday deals 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I really want a Lancome advent calendar this year- might get my husband to get it for me as my present. Looked so good last year but it had sold out

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Buying yourself gifts is also such a good idea.

The last time I wrote a list for my aunt which was a few years ago- I had just one item which was a Ruby woo lipstick from MAC.

I was so disappointed, when she handed me a blue poncho.

I've been into minimalism for almost 6 years now. I'm good at buying for others, not so great for myself.

My other friend's birthday was in June. I spent around £6 with delivery getting photographs printed from his instagram page. I'm much more sentimental as I've grown older. Think you can't ever go wrong with photobooks either.

Reactions: 6
I got the Cult Beauty Advent Calender last year. I also got a free goody bag with another £145 worth of products on top of it.

It was such good value for what was included (great selection of high end hair, skin and makeup products) and i'm still using the products now. It's obvs a bit spenny at first but if anyone is thinking of getting one this year, fully recommend the Cult Beauty one.

Reactions: 3
What do you buy for yourselves?
All sorts!!.. A few years ago I wanted a mirrored tray to go on my side board to put my gin and vintage drinking glasses on so I bought the one I wanted and wrapped it up all pretty with a tag saying To me, from me!! 😂😍 I've bought perfume, fancy chocolates, books. Whatever I really want. I don't buy myself much throughout the year so treat myself at Christmas (and this year I will be doing my birthday too!!)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
YAAY THIS THREAD!! The autumnal weather this week, coupled with me booking in the date and time for colleagues to hold for a Christmas celebration has got me thinking about it. Very exciting for me this year as we will finally host for the first time, my partner and I come from foodie families and we all fight to host 😂 I’m the youngest, it’s finally my time. I love that we will be starting our own traditions and doing it our way. When I was a kid, we had a rigid Christmas Day that alternated every year, but with grandparents passing it’s never been the same. Think as I’ve gotten older, I’ve realised Christmas comes in all shapes and sizes and I really want to embrace being more flexible.

We’re also having a new kitchen diner next month, we definitely need new extendable dining table. Does anyone know when the best to buy these are e.g. is it worth waiting for Black Friday?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Does anyone do any Christmassy crafts? My local branch of The Works have started to get their Christmas Craft stock in. I always like the idea of making things but have zero imagination 🙈View attachment 2307778
I've used their clear baubles and plastic characters to make some baubles. Hot glue gun and a bit of snow to cover the glue... voila! X
---
Ah no, I'll have to go and look now despite having enough Christmas craft stuff to set up a shop. 🙈 😂

I make my Christmas cards and made a knitted mitten banner one year. I've done wreaths as well.

I'm not the most imaginative person on the planet and find Youtube and Pinterest useful for ideas.
The make arcade do some fab Christmas crafting kits - I have bought a couple of their decorations advent calendars... we've got quite an... eclectic tree 😂

Reactions: 2
I bought one of the Elemis QVC special buys last year with the intention of gifting it but when it came I thought, ‘you know who would really love this? Me!’ 😂. I’ve had so much enjoyment from trying all the products!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I used some inheritance money to get myself a Balsam Hill tree a couple of years ago. I have absolutely 0 regrets it's the most beautiful tree ever lol I have like main "filler" big glass type baubles then everything else has a meaning/in memory of someone/somewhere so it's all very special (to me).

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’m going to have to downsize my decorations this year ☹ The only reason I normally get away with it is because I put up and take down everything, but the husband is going to have to do it this year as well have a kiddo by new year and I’m not climbing ladders 😄

• Heart
I properly started with buying for my boys this morning. I had picked up 1 or 2 odd bits I'd seen when out but I actually wrote a list of ideas and then ordered some of it today.
I have a friend who finds it crazy that I start buying at this time of year, she can never understand how I know what they'll like by Christmas but their interests don't suddenly change.
As an example I ordered them both a wand from the online Harry Potter studio tour website as it's something they both collect. Might aswell buy it now as buy it then. I don't buy electronic gifts until closer to the time just in case they don't work though.

I love gift wrapping and nice paper, paperchase is no more this year though which makes me so sad as I've got my Christmas paper from there for years, so I will be on the hunt for a replacement!

Reactions: 8
I love Paperchase. All my diaries have been from them only. They were bought by Tesco so hopefully there will be some products in some shops.

got my xmas paper from h&m and oxfam the past few years, and a william morris roll (mum was almost happier w the paper than her gifts lol) from tkmaxx. i love doing a colour theme for each person with kraft paper and a few accents, so patterned paper and matching ribbons. going to try and do 'bands' of the patterned ones this year to make it go a bit further and the two layers will hopefully make it look like i've put loads of effort in.

my main trick for wrapping is making sure it's paper and not plastic coated (folds so much nicer), folding the raw edges over and using double sided tape

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This thread makes me soooo excited so i'm jumping in. So glad it's not just me that wants to buy myself little presents this year. I always ask people to ask me what i'd like to save on wasting money and no one ever listens. I hate to sound ungrateful but when I have to donate my gifts every year it makes me so sad :/. I'm already in planning mode. I'm hosting I think this year and i'm hoping to have my new fireplace soon too :D .

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.