Christmas 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is over priced but we loved it. Can see why it won't work for everyone.

They also usually do an Ice show. You can get cheaper tickets if you leave it closer to the last min and they will announce it on insta. We had already bought them but they would have been 20% off.

The Churros were £7. :LOL:

I put a limit on rides for two, which I think were around £5 each.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I’m taking my kids to Disney on ice at the O2. It’s not all Christmassy but it’s absolutely lovely and it feels Christmas because it’s ice 🤣🤣

Reactions: 4
I Christmas shop throughout the year, including in the Boxing Day sales 😂 Although I don’t go out to the shops on Boxing Day, just buy online. I have a storage box where I keep all my “gifting” things. I buy for around 25 people and try to stick to my budget.

Also helps spread the cost and means when Christmas season comes around I’m not out in the shops at every spare moment getting stressed by the crowds. I enjoy the atmosphere as long as I haven’t got a million things to do / buy.

Boots Boxing Day Sale is usually really good (half price on fragrance gift sets) but you have to be really quick. Think I managed to get 3 people’s fragrances last time and they don’t perish (as long as you don’t open them for some reason of course.) I always look at the special offers around other holidays too, like Valentines Day, Mothers Day etc, there’s always offers on.

I do also have a diary that has a couple of pages dedicated to gift ideas 😂 I am guilty of looking at people’s bathroom shelves when using the bathroom to see what brands they like and I keep notes when someone mentions something they like. I just really like gifting.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I Christmas shop throughout the year, including in the Boxing Day sales 😂 Although I don’t go out to the shops on Boxing Day, just buy online. I have a storage box where I keep all my “gifting” things. I buy for around 25 people and try to stick to my budget.

Also helps spread the cost and means when Christmas season comes around I’m not out in the shops at every spare moment getting stressed by the crowds. I enjoy the atmosphere as long as I haven’t got a million things to do / buy.

Boots Boxing Day Sale is usually really good (half price on fragrance gift sets) but you have to be really quick. Think I managed to get 3 people’s fragrances last time and they don’t perish (as long as you don’t open them for some reason of course.) I always look at the special offers around other holidays too, like Valentines Day, Mothers Day etc, there’s always offers on.

I do also have a diary that has a couple of pages dedicated to gift ideas 😂 I am guilty of looking at people’s bathroom shelves when using the bathroom to see what brands they like and I keep notes when someone mentions something they like. I just really like gifting.
The M&S post Christmas sales are also really good for PJ's. I bought matching sets for my sisters for £6 when the usual price was £15 each previously.
---
I’m taking my kids to Disney on ice at the O2. It’s not all Christmassy but it’s absolutely lovely and it feels Christmas because it’s ice 🤣🤣
We went to that too a while back ! It was absolutely worth it!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Does anyone love Christmas but hate buying Christmas presents!? 😂😂😂 I get so stressed out trying to find the right thing or worry I haven’t spent enough/spent too much. I’d rather we had Christmas without the presents, love all of the rest of it.

Reactions: 11
Does anyone love Christmas but hate buying Christmas presents!? 😂😂😂 I get so stressed out trying to find the right thing or worry I haven’t spent enough/spent too much. I’d rather we had Christmas without the presents, love all of the rest of it.
In recent years me and my boyfriend have told people not to get us stuff and just buy something for our son. We also now only buy for all the kids in the family because it was getting ridiculously expensive for us.

Reactions: 5
In recent years me and my boyfriend have told people not to get us stuff and just buy something for our son. We also now only buy for all the kids in the family because it was getting ridiculously expensive for us.
Yes, totally agree. Love buying for the kids but buying for adult family members is so hard! Takes the joy out of buying for the kids.

Reactions: 1
I only 2 step-grandchildren to buy for, the rest are adults, 3 daughters and their partners. Buying for adults is hard and I quite often run out of ideas, especially when they give me no clues whatsoever.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I usually get a lot of joy buying people presents and try to put a lot of thought into it. Then last year, all I got in return from my family (bar husband) were really generic gifts, like someone had done an Xmas eve haul round tk maxx. I hope this doesn't sound ungrateful but it really upset me. So this year I'm asking for vouchers or nothing at all and I'll be buying vouchers in return.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I usually get a lot of joy buying people presents and try to put a lot of thought into it. Then last year, all I got in return from my family (bar husband) were really generic gifts, like someone had done an Xmas eve haul round tk maxx. I hope this doesn't sound ungrateful but it really upset me. So this year I'm asking for vouchers or nothing at all and I'll be buying vouchers in return.
The same thing happened to me. I spent a fortune on my sister, her husband and their two children, and in return she bought me a tea towel… husband got nothing. Last year, I told her I’m just buying for her children from now on, and she doesn’t need to get us anything in return.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
We started last year with my brothers just buying for the kids and dogs so much easier! And then it’s just our parents and grandparents
I do love buying people gifts though I always book a day off work and go shopping and get it all done!

Reactions: 3
Last year I set a rule and only bought each person one "main" gift rather than multiple small things...which was all well and good but I love wrapping and I was done in an afternoon and had tonnes of wrap and ribbon left over 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.