Christmas 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I only buy close family members and we all give each other ideas so no one ends up with a crap present.

Reactions: 3
Once you stop buying presents it gets so much easier.

My friend's birthday is coming up. He asked for no gifts, so I'm going to respect that and am just going to write him a letter instead.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
i actually volunteer to wrap gifts for the neighbours - just something so therapeutic about it

it's also probably the closest thing i have to a party trick which is quite sad πŸ₯΄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I hate wrapping gifts too. I always remember Simon Cowell when he said 'I just put gifts in a gift bag, no point wrapping them, people dont care about the wrapping they just want the gift' :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Love York at Christmas, do a little girly trip there end of November and it's so pretty and Christmassy. For a small compact city the shopping is really good and there are great places to eat.

Reactions: 9
Love York at Christmas, do a little girly trip there end of November and it's so pretty and Christmassy. For a small compact city the shopping is really good and there are great places to eat.
Nice to know you think so highly of my city :)

Does anyone do any Christmassy crafts? My local branch of The Works have started to get their Christmas Craft stock in. I always like the idea of making things but have zero imagination πŸ™ˆ
CFB23CB2-A65E-4F70-B230-C0F81A477243.jpeg

• Wow
Does anyone do any Christmassy crafts? My local branch of The Works have started to get their Christmas Craft stock in. I always like the idea of making things but have zero imagination πŸ™ˆView attachment 2307778
I love making Christmas stuff, definitely going in for a look this weekend to see if mine has any. I got loads of ideas last year from Pinterest and Tik Tok, usually just type in 'Christmas DIY'.

Reactions: 4
I love making Christmas stuff, definitely going in for a look this weekend to see if mine has any. I got loads of ideas last year from Pinterest and Tik Tok, usually just type in 'Christmas DIY'.
OMG! There's some amazing things. I'm getting inspiration already. 😁

Reactions: 1
Does anyone do any Christmassy crafts? My local branch of The Works have started to get their Christmas Craft stock in. I always like the idea of making things but have zero imagination πŸ™ˆView attachment 2307778
Ah no, I'll have to go and look now despite having enough Christmas craft stuff to set up a shop. πŸ™ˆ πŸ˜‚

I make my Christmas cards and made a knitted mitten banner one year. I've done wreaths as well.

I'm not the most imaginative person on the planet and find Youtube and Pinterest useful for ideas.

Reactions: 4
I have crafted a large portion of our Christmas decorations and am out of space to make any more. May craft something as a gift though.

For anyone not sure of their ability to craft, I only fell into it in recent years and have surprised myself by how much I'm capable of. An easy, yet effective, craft is a polystyrene cone covered in wool with wooden stars glued on. I've also glued the smallest bits from Christmas pot pourri onto a cone and it's turned out better than I thought. Oh and coffee beans and fake moss make the perfect gap fillers.

Reactions: 2
Dont know if it's just me but when I'm buying presents for others at Christmas, I buy myself a little something too :ROFLMAO: (or a lot) so that I'm not disappointed if I get tit gifts as I know I've got what I really want already

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Dont know if it's just me but when I'm buying presents for others at Christmas, I buy myself a little something too :ROFLMAO: (or a lot) so that I'm not disappointed if I get tit gifts as I know I've got what I really want already
I always buy myself a Christmas present πŸ˜€ think I might buying myself a birthday present too 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.