Christmas 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
last year i kept a list of
gift / price / where i'd hidden it / was it wrapped
for each person so i could keep track and not over buy and it was so helpful! definitely doing the same this year

• Heart
Reactions: 9
for each person so i could keep track and not over buy and it was so helpful! definitely doing the same this year
I keep a list on my notes page on my phone with a price. Luckily I can leave stepdaughter presents at my parents house so I don't have to hide them, wish I figured that out when she was 5 and she nearly saw her unwrapped dream house fall out of her dads wardrobe 🤣

Reactions: 5
Every year I say I'm going to get a head start on Christmas and start the shopping etc early. We're now in July and I've got absolutely nothing. Guess I'll try again next year 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

• Heart
I'm a list person, I have lists for everything.
---
I keep a list on my notes page on my phone with a price. Luckily I can leave stepdaughter presents at my parents house so I don't have to hide them, wish I figured that out when she was 5 and she nearly saw her unwrapped dream house fall out of her dads wardrobe 🤣
I'm a paper person so have a physical planner, which is all decorated with Christmas stuff, all the dividers are Christmassy and it looks like an explosion in a Christmas factory 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Does anyone have a link to a good Christmas planner? A paper one I can write in? I feel like I need one of these! 🤣

Does anyone have a link to a good Christmas planner? A paper one I can write in? I feel like I need one of these! 🤣
I use a lovely red Filofax (I might have a problem as I have quite the collection) and made all my inserts, dividers etc. I have a lot of craft stuff (which I also seem to collect).

You could use any sort of binder or notebook really if you wanted to set one up yourself.

A google search chucks up a lot of different ones from Amazon to Etsy shops. Lots of different styles depending on your own taste.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The works had a really good one aswell. Think it cost me about £2 but not showing on website at the moment. Potentially too early

Reactions: 1
I have a gift list app on my phone. You can add as many people as you like and their gifts/price. It gives you a total per person and an overall total. You can also click different options for each gift such as idea, purchased, wrapped. I love it. I do also do paper lists but seem to misplace them :cautious:
---
I use a lovely red Filofax (I might have a problem as I have quite the collection) and made all my inserts, dividers etc. I have a lot of craft stuff (which I also seem to collect).

You could use any sort of binder or notebook really if you wanted to set one up yourself.

A google search chucks up a lot of different ones from Amazon to Etsy shops. Lots of different styles depending on your own taste.
I’ve always wanted a Filofax! Maybe I should put that on my Christmas list?!

• Heart
I’m done for Christmas presents for the 2 kids already 🙌🏼 I’m a sucker for a sale so I pick up all through the year, bought a few bits for other family members but I am so bloody excited for Christmas 🥰

First year with a baby (February birthday so he'll be 10 months) so it's going to be different! If I'm honest, I'm kind of dreading it. My parents go way overboard with my niece and nephew and we're really keen to not have too many toys for him - last year the entire living room was filled with toys for my niece and nephew. It took nearly 3 hours for her to open all of them and at the end of the day she only really wanted to play with one or two of them. My sisters house is covered in toys and you could probably entertain an entire primary school with them. My parents don't listen to reason at all about it either.

We won't be doing elf on the shelf or Christmas Eve boxes, stockings yes :D but more focus on family experiences like Santa and the local steam railways Christmas trips.

Reactions: 6
Last year after Christmas I had a Christmas Russian doll type thing from John Lewis in my basket. It was in the sale for like £8. I'm having serious regrets about not buying it. I don't know why I didn't. I'm so sad thinking about it, it was so pretty and one of those things you could keep forever and eventually your grandkids could play with it 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 7
First year with a baby (February birthday so he'll be 10 months) so it's going to be different! If I'm honest, I'm kind of dreading it. My parents go way overboard with my niece and nephew and we're really keen to not have too many toys for him - last year the entire living room was filled with toys for my niece and nephew. It took nearly 3 hours for her to open all of them and at the end of the day she only really wanted to play with one or two of them. My sisters house is covered in toys and you could probably entertain an entire primary school with them. My parents don't listen to reason at all about it either.

We won't be doing elf on the shelf or Christmas Eve boxes, stockings yes :D but more focus on family experiences like Santa and the local steam railways Christmas trips.

Don't ever start. You will 100% regret it.

Can you ask your parents to just give money for the baby's first couple of Birthday/Christmas? There really is no point buying a lot of stuff at this age.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.