Christmas 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The adults in our family are doing a £30 stocking secret santa. Pick a name out and spend £30 on putting together a stocking, a mixture of jokey bits, edible bits and small things they will like. I'm looking forward to the challenge of finding things within budget for it and there's so many of us it will be considerably cheaper and more enjoyable
That sounds an amazing idea.

Reactions: 6
Hi all! Just found this thread.....I love Christmas and we have a new member of the family this year....my brand new nephew (currently 1 week old!).

Really struggling for ideas for my 9 year old son, he is just into computers, hates sports but loves travelling. I know he will ask for a VR headset but I've already said no. Got a few months yet to think about it!

However we have booked a weekend break to Hamburg to take in the Christmas Markets....can't wait!

Reactions: 9
Hi all! Just found this thread.....I love Christmas and we have a new member of the family this year....my brand new nephew (currently 1 week old!).

Really struggling for ideas for my 9 year old son, he is just into computers, hates sports but loves travelling. I know he will ask for a VR headset but I've already said no. Got a few months yet to think about it!

However we have booked a weekend break to Hamburg to take in the Christmas Markets....can't wait!
Love Hamburg fabulous City, so easy to get around, I was there in 2015 just as the markets were opening, didn't get to see the main one at the Rathausmarkt as the ex German Chancellor Helmut Schmidt's funeral was taking place and the opening was delayed and we had a flight home to catch, if your Son is going with you make time to go and see Miniatur Wunderland its amazing!, I'm sure you can book tickets and time online,

Reactions: 5
Love Hamburg fabulous City, so easy to get around, I was there in 2015 just as the markets were opening, didn't get to see the main one at the Rathausmarkt as the ex German Chancellor Helmut Schmidt's funeral was taking place and the opening was delayed and we had a flight home to catch, if your Son is going with you make time to go and see Miniatur Wunderland its amazing!, I'm sure you can book tickets and time online,
Second this. Hamburg is an amazing city and Miniatur Wonderland is a must-see. It used to be the case (I last went for the Christmas market in 2008) that Santa would 'fly' over the Rathaus Christmas market a few times in an afternoon and stops in the middle and speaks to the crowd below. German Santa is terrifying for those used to English-speaking Santa but there's something actually strangely magical about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Second this. Hamburg is an amazing city and Miniatur Wonderland is a must-see. It used to be the case (I last went for the Christmas market in 2008) that Santa would 'fly' over the Rathaus Christmas market a few times in an afternoon and stops in the middle and speaks to the crowd below. German Santa is terrifying for those used to English-speaking Santa but there's something actually strangely magical about it.

Yes these are the reasons we are going and my son is coming too (flight times worked out great so a full day at school for him on the Friday 🤣).

Heard some many wonderful things about the miniatur wonderland and the flying Santa market, Middle of December we go so hoping to come back very festive!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
That sounds an amazing idea.
I'm really looking forward to it! There's 8 of us so it gets pricey buying everyone a gift plus it's always hard thinking up something good! And I feel like Christmas morning with a stocking is so much more fun anyway!

Yes these are the reasons we are going and my son is coming too (flight times worked out great so a full day at school for him on the Friday 🤣).

Heard some many wonderful things about the miniatur wonderland and the flying Santa market, Middle of December we go so hoping to come back very festive!
the U-bahn and S-bahn are great way of travelling around, not sure how much it is now, the last time I was there it cost 12 euros for a day ticket and up to 5 people could travel with it together, its great that it links up with the airport, my late Father inLaw used to stay in Blankenese its beautiful little German town it has its own Christmas market although small its very pretty and looks like a Christmas card especially when its all lit up,

• Heart
Bought my first Christmas present today (not for myself may I add 😊 ) also Boots have got their Xmas advent calenders on the website.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
My local B&m has started putting Christmas stock out!! Saw some socks and the gift sets they always have, Xbox etc.

If you’re looking for recipes, I recommend Mary Berry’s Christmas chutney, it’s 🤤 I always make a big batch and give jars as gifts with some nice crackers and cheese. Always well received

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My local B&m has started putting Christmas stock out!! Saw some socks and the gift sets they always have, Xbox etc.

If you’re looking for recipes, I recommend Mary Berry’s Christmas chutney, it’s 🤤 I always make a big batch and give jars as gifts with some nice crackers and cheese. Always well received

I saw in mine they were putting out Xmas pet toys so I asked when the rest was going up , the woman didn't know but said she's seen it in storage but nothing for Halloween!

Reactions: 3

Ooh - I have always wanted to go to the Christmas Markets in Hamburg!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.