Christmas 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is the thread for me! I'm not a member on MN but like to follow their Christmas bargain threads. I'm going to start shopping after our holiday this month. I've already got a couple of things booked.
I love your name

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Is anyone up for a Christmas pudding challenge?

I'll get hold of the ingredients (and copious brandy!) next week and also need a couple of pudding basins - I was going to do two and test run one in November and if it's rubbish then squeal to co-op as they do nuts in theirs which I like, recommend. I like the theatricality of lighting it with a long match 😁

Reactions: 2
Hallelujah I love Puds. Puds & Merry Munch are like crack to me
I only recently finished the last box of the Cadbury Christmas five pack. (Asda, reduced to a pound, back in March maybe?) So to know they're back again... 🧐

• Heart
Is anyone up for a Christmas pudding challenge?

I'll get hold of the ingredients (and copious brandy!) next week and also need a couple of pudding basins - I was going to do two and test run one in November and if it's rubbish then squeal to co-op as they do nuts in theirs which I like, recommend. I like the theatricality of lighting it with a long match 😁
I hate Christmas cake and Christmas pud but I could be persuaded to make one this year... Never made a pud!

Has anyone done Edinburgh Christmas market? Is it any better than, say, York or bath? Im really tempted to book an air bnb and go this year but I’ll be 8 months pregnant.
I went last year and it was awful. The queues were horrific and it was an all round downer. We actually ended up getting the train home early. I went back in 2014 and it was lovely then. I won’t be going back this year anyway that’s for sure!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’ve just bought some Christmas bits on shein, I was looking for Autumn bits and only ended up buying Christmas bits and bobs. They’ve got a good Christmas sale on, so if you don’t mind shein (I know it’s not very ethical) then have a look.

Reactions: 4
I've never had a cadbury Christmas pud 😱. I'll put it on my Christmas food list to try.

Hate actual Christmas pudding and Christmas cake 🤢

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Christmas markets are always tit imo, at least in the UK. Chances are it's raining/damp, too busy to move, most stalls selling mass produced stuff from China. If there's a bar area it's 8 quid for a small mug of warm mulled wine. Not my cup of tea. Only time I've liked them is in Scandanavia when it's snowing and they're always less busy than here xx

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Has anyone done Edinburgh Christmas market? Is it any better than, say, York or bath? Im really tempted to book an air bnb and go this year but I’ll be 8 months pregnant.
I live in Edinburgh and honestly, it’s not worth it. It’s quite a stressful experience, really busy, last year queues to even get in were over an hour. Overpriced too. :(

• Wow
I live in Edinburgh and honestly, it’s not worth it. It’s quite a stressful experience, really busy, last year queues to even get in were over an hour. Overpriced too. :(
Thanks, this is what I needed to hear. I think I’ll just about make it around York, but travelling up to Edinburgh doesn’t seem worth it.
Today, I’m watching Jonna Jinton’s snowy vlogs and drinking coffee in bed. It’s very grey here.

Reactions: 8
Christmas markets are always tit imo, at least in the UK. Chances are it's raining/damp, too busy to move, most stalls selling mass produced stuff from China. If there's a bar area it's 8 quid for a small mug of warm mulled wine. Not my cup of tea. Only time I've liked them is in Scandanavia when it's snowing and they're always less busy than here xx
Any Scandinavia Christmas market recommendations ?

Thanks, this is what I needed to hear. I think I’ll just about make it around York, but travelling up to Edinburgh doesn’t seem worth it.
Today, I’m watching Jonna Jinton’s snowy vlogs and drinking coffee in bed. It’s very grey here.
Anyone know if the Knaresborough or Harrogate Christmas markets are any good?
I think I heard good things about the Country Living Christmas Fair in Harrogate 🤔
and I have been to a Fayre at York racecourse in November one year that was spacious and sold good stuff that could have been the Living magazine one 🤔

I got one from the tik tok shop - pretty perfect products . Its brilliant has different sections for different things ,gifts, stocking fillers,cards, activities, ideas for elf on the shelf ,Christmas movies, a section for the Christmas food shop loads of bits in it !
Thank you for enabling me 😂 Got my planner today and it is really good value for money ( did get a discount) Plus it’s super cute.

• Heart
Worried about Christmas this year as I’ve just finished uni and I’m struggling to find a job… rejection after rejection and I’m running out of money🥲 I hope that it’ll work out for me soon as I LOVE autumn and winter and can’t resist buying seasonal things and going all out for presents!🤞🏼
There’s always care work they are always looking

Reactions: 1
And crunchy bits, which is one of my favourite fillings in chocolate.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.