Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

neroli

VIP Member
I agree, this is the only part of her I don't get, as someone with anxiety, social situations leave me drained for days like i physically have to go to bed and I know from my ASD child they are the same, if they even make it out the door the amount of down time and self regulation they need after, but she seems to be able to pose, post, do photoshoots, campaigns, travel all in one day and then straight back to the posing the next day. *I'm not debating if she is or isnt* just saying she *comes across* as coping very well.
I suppose the "masking" coping mechanism can be brought out if anyone queries the diagnosis..which completely belittles the whole mental price paid for genuine masking?

Reactions: 1

Mrs Moon

VIP Member
Only other one I could come up with was Danny Dyer, he presents a BBC game show and says "drop 'em" a lot on it, if that could be classed as a catchphrase? He has 3 kids too. However I think they'd describe him as soap star, rather than TV presenter, that's why my money's on Paddy.
Me too.

GossipingWitch

My son goes to a private/non maintained school specifically for autistic children however it can only be paid for via local authority funding, you can't pay yourself, it could be one like that

HowlOwl

VIP Member
Blimey, there is some BS being written on here.
Can tell from someone’s eyes that they are autistic? Heavy lidded glazed expression/eyes look off balance…

You should tell NICE about that - it could save them a fortune on writing extensive assessments and developing diagnostic criteria.

“Oi! Janet! Got another one for an autism assessment.”

“Well, you know the criteria. Do they look a bit weird and off?”

“Ummm…yeah, they deffo look a bit wrong round the eyes…Yep, you’ve got autism love! NEXT!”
I think this is really interesting … there does appear to be some science and research behind it actually. There are many similar links https://neurosciencenews.com/autism-detection-14446/

MooBelle

VIP Member
One thing confuses me, about the kids. I live in Scotland and private schools will not take SEN children. Is it different in England ? Or are the kids not the way she's portraying them to be
It would depend on the school. There are private schools that have specific availability for autism or dyslexia for example, then there are the private schools that want academic or sporting excellence.
It depends on where you live and what is available locally if you have the money. I would say they are incredibly lucky if they've got a private school local to them that can meet their children's needs.

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
Wasn't a fan of her documentary last night but I suppose it raised awareness of autism. The kids faces being shown would have drawn people in more to the story being told and at times autism seem to come second to bigging up what amazing parents her and Paddy are.

Thorongil

Autism isnt a competition it varies just because a person may have it more severely it doesn't give people a right to shut down other autistic people or shade their diagnosis there are no gold stars for who autisms harder 😬 Paddy has always been punching with Christine I don't know why he does it to himself
Easy for you to say.

• Heart