Chit chat #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone awake. I just had a sleep paralysis experience and im scared to fall asleep again.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
It's been a while since that's happened. I've just about calmed my breathing down but still a bit shaken

Sorry my wi-fi isn’t great. Have you ever heard of tapping? Look it up, it’s very helpful especially in anxious stressful times

Reactions: 1
we’ve got a friend staying, he’s absolutely no hassle and he’s lovely but I’ve just gone to the cupboard for some cornflake clusters and they’re gone. I questioned Mr Wilma thinking he was the suspect but it wasnt him. The mate has said “in my defence you did say help yourself and make yourself at home 🥺” so I pretended it was alright but tbh I’ve just come up to bed in a right huff
Reminds me of when I stayed at my Mum and Stepdad's to look after their cats while they were away, then they came home and found I'd eaten all their ice cream......🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 2
OH is doing my nut in today.

Last Thursday after work I got in and put my ID badge down on the spare bed as I got changed out of my uniform.

OH then did all of the washing (four or so loads) Friday evening to appease me because he’d been saying he’d do it for days (he works from home and can easily shove a load in the washing whilst his breakfast is cooking or something, he chooses not to) whilst I baked my nieces birthday cake and tidied the kitchen. In the process of unloading all the clean washing onto the spare bed - which he feels is an appropriate place to shove four loads of clean laundry - he buried my ID (or so I thought).

Scrabbled my way through it this morning and still couldn’t find it. Asked him what he’d done with it as I’d not moved it and he grunted at me about how I should look after my own stuff. Yes, well perhaps don’t move my tit then. 🙄 turns out he’d put it in the wardrobe. Answers on a postcard how 1) that makes any sense compared to my handbag, the dressing table next to the bed, the floor next to the bed… and 2) I was supposed to know this.

He’s also got a habit of leaving things meant for the bin on the counter ABOVE THE bleeping BIN. OPEN THE BIN AND PUT IT IN.

Honest to god it’s like living with a teenage boy sometimes. It’s so frustrating.

(That washing will 100% sit there all messy and thrown about until I shout at him, he tells me I don’t do any housework either and I strop off to do it myself, at which point all his stuff with stay on the bed indefinitely because I won’t be putting it away).

Fed up of it already tbf. He acts like because he works from home he can just tornado through the house on a week day and expect me to tidy it all up when I get back from work.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Morning. I slept like tit and still feel rough 🥴 but I always feel major guilt if I don’t go to work so I’m up and dressed ready to go. Hope everyone has a good Monday x

• Sad
Reactions: 4
@WeepingCassandra I work from home and every day I clean the kitchen / do the washing etc during the day. Every day without fail mr peaches comes home, makes a sandwich, leaves crumbs on the side, his plate next to the dishwasher, spills water all over the side and I just look at it and think seriously? My personal favourite was the weekend when he got up and did little peaches breakfast (very rare) but he left all the mess from it like the top of the strawberries he’d chopped up on the kitchen side. I think he thinks we have a cleaning fairy. Drives me INSANE.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
@WeepingCassandra I work from home and every day I clean the kitchen / do the washing etc during the day. Every day without fail mr peaches comes home, makes a sandwich, leaves crumbs on the side, his plate next to the dishwasher, spills water all over the side and I just look at it and think seriously? My personal favourite was the weekend when he got up and did little peaches breakfast (very rare) but he left all the mess from it like the top of the strawberries he’d chopped up on the kitchen side. I think he thinks we have a cleaning fairy. Drives me INSANE.
Yes that sounds familiar! I will point out I am absolutely not a cleaning Angel, I will and definitely do avoid tidying where I can but I’m quite as bad as him - he’ll make a cup of tea and put the teabag on a plate that is sat directly above our bin rather than just opening said bin and putting the teabag in. I don’t want much, perhaps just the dishwasher emptied or the clothes put away! We had a bit of a Barney a few months ago because he was sorting out a big load of laundry and he neatly folded and put away all his clothes and left all mine scrumbled up in the basket. I pointed out we are married and suppose to share tasks - and I put his clothes away if I’m doing it!

I wouldn’t mind but we’ve lived together for over 4 years now 🙄 you’d think by now he’d have gotten used to having someone else in the place.

• Sad
  • Heart
Yes that sounds familiar! I will point out I am absolutely not a cleaning Angel, I will and definitely do avoid tidying where I can but I’m quite as bad as him - he’ll make a cup of tea and put the teabag on a plate that is sat directly above our bin rather than just opening said bin and putting the teabag in. I don’t want much, perhaps just the dishwasher emptied or the clothes put away! We had a bit of a Barney a few months ago because he was sorting out a big load of laundry and he neatly folded and put away all his clothes and left all mine scrumbled up in the basket. I pointed out we are married and suppose to share tasks - and I put his clothes away if I’m doing it!

I wouldn’t mind but we’ve lived together for over 4 years now 🙄 you’d think by now he’d have gotten used to having someone else in the place.
Haha I think it sounds like all men are similar! When my MIL was here he would put her washing on, with his washing and even our sons and just leave mine in the basket. Then he would take up all the drying space and repeat. At one point I had no clean clothes and that’s when I lost my tit. Gotta lose your tit to get any kind of improvement. Maybe even cry a little 😅😅

• Angry
  • Sad
I went to Tesco’s on my way to work today and saw they had this on the shelf so couldn’t resist as I want to try it!! Lucky I had Clubcard vouchers to spend tho cos no way I’d be spending £3.50 on a bar otherwise😂

5677CD77-BBAD-4B51-A83E-B635F776EF78.jpeg

• Heart
Guys, guys, guys.

Myself and the husband are so unwell today. He's rang in sick at work which is unheard of. My body hurts everywhere, I've had approx 40mins sleep and my head and nose feel like they are going to explode.

Thank duck the kids are back at school I'm heading back to bed to die in peace 😩😩

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I'm at work today (still WFH) and I'm loving it. I forgot how much having structure to a day helps me.

• Heart
Today is day 1 out of 3 that I have off for my birthday which is tomorrow. I'm not sure how I feel about that. It'll be bittersweet as it'll be the first birthday where I won't be seeing my ex. I've had people ask me if he will say happy birthday to me and I don't know because I don't know him anymore I wish people wouldn't ask because it upsets me.

I'm going to the cinema on my own for the first time in the afternoon to watch a film called The Last Duel. I'm feeling a little anxious going on my own but I think it'll be good for me. I'm going to see a play at the local theatre on Saturday on my own too. I think I need to get used to doing things I enjoy on my own. It's no different to shopping on your own right?

Hope you all have a good day! 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The baby has a t shirt on today that says ‘mini hero’ but cos of the font it looks like it says ‘mini Kiev’ 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Today is day 1 out of 3 that I have off for my birthday which is tomorrow. I'm not sure how I feel about that. It'll be bittersweet as it'll be the first birthday where I won't be seeing my ex. I've had people ask me if he will say happy birthday to me and I don't know because I don't know him anymore I wish people wouldn't ask because it upsets me.

I'm going to the cinema on my own for the first time in the afternoon to watch a film called The Last Duel. I'm feeling a little anxious going on my own but I think it'll be good for me. I'm going to see a play at the local theatre on Saturday on my own too. I think I need to get used to doing things I enjoy on my own. It's no different to shopping on your own right?

Hope you all have a good day! 🥰
One of the best things I did when I broke up with my (absolute tit head) ex was take myself off and go do things by myself. I regularly took myself out for meals, to the cinema etc and even went abroad alone. It really helped me realise that I don’t need anyone else to make me happy.

Hope you have a lovely day!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.