Chit chat #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Weā€™ve just been out for dinner, it was nice! Mr Wilma got me some new pyjamas today so Iā€™ve just had a bath, got me new pjs on and weā€™re gonna watch You. Got some snacks too šŸ˜‹

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I couldnā€™t stand serena, she was almost as bad as JENNY šŸ„²

best character was defo Dorota!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Pals, a situation has transpired.

I have a friend who I met through work a few years ago - neither of us work for the same company anymore but me and him, and another girl we were friends with, used to go for a drink once or twice a year.

Over lockdown, heā€™s been very outspoken on social media about his views on the government and life and Iā€™ve realised that weā€™re very different people and I donā€™t really want to continue the friendship. We donā€™t talk between these once a year-ish drinks so I thought it would be easy to let the friendship fizzle out.

He messaged me a few months ago asking if I wanted to go out for a drink, and I didnā€™t say no but I was like ā€œoh, things are a bit full on at the moment with work etc (which was true) but Iā€™ll let you know when things calm down and maybe then we can catch upā€ - thinking it was a generic brush off and he wouldnā€™t ask again. But he messaged again today asking when I was free and I donā€™t know what to say šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø I donā€™t really want to see him but Iā€™m also a coward who canā€™t do confrontation. Help!

• Sad
Reactions: 1

I have a friend who I met through work a few years ago - neither of us work for the same company anymore but me and him, and another girl we were friends with, used to go for a drink once or twice a year.

Over lockdown, heā€™s been very outspoken on social media about his views on the government and life and Iā€™ve realised that weā€™re very different people and I donā€™t really want to continue the friendship. We donā€™t talk between these once a year-ish drinks so I thought it would be easy to let the friendship fizzle out.

He messaged me a few months ago asking if I wanted to go out for a drink, and I didnā€™t say no but I was like ā€œoh, things are a bit full on at the moment with work etc (which was true) but Iā€™ll let you know when things calm down and maybe then we can catch upā€ - thinking it was a generic brush off and he wouldnā€™t ask again. But he messaged again today asking when I was free and I donā€™t know what to say šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø I donā€™t really want to see him but Iā€™m also a coward who canā€™t do confrontation. Help!
just say youā€™re busy! The relationship will fizzle out, you donā€™t owe him anything if you donā€™t want to continue the friendship. Friendships come and go and end, people change and grow. You arenā€™t on the same wavelength as him and that is fine. If you feel bad ghosting him just say youā€™re really busy for the next few weeks and youā€™ll let him know. Then donā€™t šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 3

you donā€™t have to have an excuse or explanation, if you donā€™t want to go just say you canā€™t make it! (Or ghost him šŸ˜¬šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚) but donā€™t feel like you have to see him if you donā€™t want to!

If you donā€™t see him in real life or you donā€™t talk between these drinks, just block him on everything lol, itā€™s not like he can turn up to your front door and ask why šŸ˜‚

Thanks guys šŸ˜¬ I feel like such a witch because heā€™s only ever been nice to me in person and I feel so guilty. But then I think about his fb rant about how some people deserve to die and I donā€™t feel so guilty anymore šŸ˜°

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.