Chit chat #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah it’s a bit of a cilantro of cakes! I’m really picky about mine, has to be proper soaked in syrup and liquor and be more nuts than fruit

Reactions: 2
love mash hate fruitcake!

i just won the first catan game this year #champion2022

Reactions: 3
Fruitcake = no

The bleeping Christmas tree is STILL in my house. How many times do I need to ask for it to be taken out before I do it myself. It’s just chilling naked in the corner looking very sad and all it’s needles are dropping off now so it looks like an explosion in my house. I have taken little peaches tree down so once this has gone Christmas will have officially left the building 🙃

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I've never tried fruitcake but it looks quite nice.

Going to try and go back to board gaming club this month for the first time since 2019. I'm nervous, but I'm determined to continue getting out of my comfort zone. I've felt so much less stressed for having got out of the house twice this weekend.

What's everyone got for tea? I've got a 'tangy chickpea and coconut curry' ready meal.

• Heart
I have an important food question for you all: do you like fruitcake? I’ve just had a really generous slice with a cuppa and it was gooood. Quite moist, soft, not too much fruit.

View attachment 957986
i used to when I was a child but not really anymore. Maybe because all the fruitcakes I've had in the past 10 years were rank 🤢 Maybe a really well made one would still taste nice.

Reactions: 1
Well went for a rather wet and windy beach walk 🤣 had a hot bath and read some chapters of my book and now cooking a roast! 🥰 fruitcake is a no from me BUT how can you NOT like mash?! 😂 in a sandwich is a bit controversial maybe but not liking it at all?! What about sausage and mash?! With looooads of gravy?! 😋😋

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Well went for a rather wet and windy beach walk 🤣 had a hot bath and read some chapters of my book and now cooking a roast! 🥰 fruitcake is a no from me BUT how can you NOT like mash?! 😂 in a sandwich is a bit controversial maybe but not liking it at all?! What about sausage and mash?! With looooads of gravy?! 😋😋
We’re having sausage and mash for tea tonight.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I've slept for a bit and feel better still ache though. Going to have a nice bath curl up and read for a bit.
I got rid of the living room lamp before Xmas and declared it an after Xmas issue to sort. Well it's now after Xmas the tree is down and i have no lamp 🙄
Will be sitting with 'the big light' on (no thank you, but do you all call it a big light too or is that a me thing? 🤔) or by candlelight. Anybody seen any nice cheap floor lamps anywhere?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Love all cake apart from carrot cake 🤢

I call it the big light too and I rarely use it cos it’s too harsh!

• Wow
  • Heart
Carrot cake is beautiful! 😲

I also call the main light the big light.

• Heart
I don’t like carrot cake either and I also call it the big light. Think it might be a northern thing?

I call it the big light too.
My pretentious SiL says 'the master light' 😂 Stupid cow

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Wtf I’ve never heard of carrot cake being called the big light. I love carrot cake though. Especially the one in the M&S cafe 😍

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Not keen on fruit cake
Love carrot cake
@fudgebox what does pecan pie taste like?
I also call it the big light.
For dinner I had chicken, mash and veg.

I've spent the last few hours reading the book is Jane Fallon 'worst idea ever'.

Reactions: 7
I call it the big light. I dont use mine in my room as I prefer the lowest setting on my lamp.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.