Childfree by choice #6 Sleeping well at night, petition for childfree flights

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Got side eyed by my mum today when she showed me a photo of her friend’s new granddaughter and I commented “Oh that’s a large baby!” Turns out the word we need to use is chunky. Not to be confused with chonky - that’s cats. Don’t make my mistake.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Got side eyed by my mum today when she showed me a photo of her friend’s new granddaughter and I commented “Oh that’s a large baby!” Turns out the word we need to use is chunky. Not to be confused with chonky - that’s cats. Don’t make my mistake.
Oh I usually just say "f**k me that's massive!" :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I took my nephew to his swimming lesson this despite him not paying the slightest bit of attention to the teacher and messing around in the pool, it was nice to watch him. But oh my god other parents are so tedious! Fortunately some other poor cow got sat between me and SmugMum so I didn't have to take the brunt of it but in the half an hour I was sitting there I got full chapter and verse about her little darlings!

Mum next to me commented how her daughter was the oldest in her class, SmugMum said “oh I do wish Poppy had been born before Christmas but I was just sooooo relieved to get pregnant I didn't mind" Oversharing much? I'd known her 15 minutes! Then she had second child on her knee who kept smiling at me so of course you have to smile back, then I got "oh Daisy are you giving away all your smiles today?!" I just wanted to throw myself in the pool fully clothed to get away from it all!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
I took my nephew to his swimming lesson this despite him not paying the slightest bit of attention to the teacher and messing around in the pool, it was nice to watch him. But oh my god other parents are so tedious! Fortunately some other poor cow got sat between me and SmugMum so I didn't have to take the brunt of it but in the half an hour I was sitting there I got full chapter and verse about her little darlings!

Mum next to me commented how her daughter was the oldest in her class, SmugMum said “oh I do wish Poppy had been born before Christmas but I was just sooooo relieved to get pregnant I didn't mind" Oversharing much? I'd known her 15 minutes! Then she had second child on her knee who kept smiling at me so of course you have to smile back, then I got "oh Daisy are you giving away all your smiles today?!" I just wanted to throw myself in the pool fully clothed to get away from it all!
we all know a SmugMum as well 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I actually think Sunday is my favourite day of the week, even if it does mean back to work the day after!

Breakfast in bed, relaxing all day, cooking a nice meal for tea and then sitting down in front of the telly for the evening. Nothing better, especially at this time of year when it’s nice to be cosy!

Being able to do whatever I want whenever I want is the nicest feeling.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I walked to my local for a roast with friends en route is the village hall. Full of kids and a bouncy castle for a party. I was so glad I didn’t have to endure such hell and had two glasses of Prosecco with my lunch instead 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Fellow childfree heathens - me and Mr Momsen were in the pub last night - early-ish about 8pm as it was freezing and I cba waiting for a taxi home so we went for tea and I drove - and there was this table of what looked like a nan, her daughter and then the 3 grandkids and the 2 youngest were running WILD!! It's a bit of a dodgy pub (lots of coke sniffing in the mens toilets) and they were crawling round the floor, throwing balls around, running round to the bar area. I glared at the what looked like the mum of the kids and she did a half arsed "stop doing that you'll hurt yourself", so Mr Momsen went the bar and complained and got them all kicked out! Teeheehee. Lots of couples came over to say thanks but like why didn't they say anything?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Did everyone have a lovely weekend not ferrying their children places 😜
Yes! Had a lie-in, and a massive cooked breakfast yesterday, and another lie-in, a loooong walk, boozy coffee from a country cafe, and an afternoon nap today. Bliss. No need to get up tomorrow to do a school run, or a nursery drop-off, either... might just have another glass of wine now, since I don't have to bath anybody, or change anyone's nappy, or clear up any sick, or listen to any CBeebies, or tell anyone that they've been on their PlayStation for too long, or their music is too loud, or try to persuade someone that they do need to go to bed, or iron anyone's school uniform, or make anyone's packed lunch, or give anyone a lift...

Fellow childfree heathens - me and Mr Momsen were in the pub last night - early-ish about 8pm as it was freezing and I cba waiting for a taxi home so we went for tea and I drove - and there was this table of what looked like a nan, her daughter and then the 3 grandkids and the 2 youngest were running WILD!! It's a bit of a dodgy pub (lots of coke sniffing in the mens toilets) and they were crawling round the floor, throwing balls around, running round to the bar area. I glared at the what looked like the mum of the kids and she did a half arsed "stop doing that you'll hurt yourself", so Mr Momsen went the bar and complained and got them all kicked out! Teeheehee. Lots of couples came over to say thanks but like why didn't they say anything?
Good for you! Depending on where we were, my OH would say something. He's good at confrontation.

• Heart
Had a cracking weekend. Yesterday did food shopping and then a long beach walk with family & their dog and got home early evening. Today I stayed in bed til 9.30 as it was warm, did a few jobs and prep for the week ahead then have chilled out, showered and sat in front of the tv with snacks. Loved all of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
This is not happiness to me. This is pure hell 🤭
that’s a vaguely threatening drawing too. you could change the text to “horror is screaming with a toddler about the next 18+ years of your life” and it would still work.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
that’s a vaguely threatening drawing too. you could change the text to “horror is screaming with a toddler about the next 18+ years of your life” and it would still work.
Careful now, we’re still actively triggering some of the darlings who visited before! 💀

Glad everyone has had lovely chilled weekends! I drank way too much tequila and danced like an idiot yesterday. I’ve spent all of today in my PJs snuggled up with the cat - blissful! 😍

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I went to a gig on Friday and stayed out till 4 and I’m still recovering now hahah!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I had a bad back so spent half the weekend lying down but I'll take it over running around trying to get kids to sports/playdates/other things, I don't know what kids do on weekends 😂 So not ready for work today but I am looking forward to coming home. I'll only have laundry to sort out and then I'm free haha.

• Heart
Careful now, we’re still actively triggering some of the darlings who visited before! 💀
at this point if they’re still reading here then that’s on them 🤣💀 (though why would you? me and you aren’t out there in an anti f1 thread! i’m not reading a thread called “i hate books” or whatever 🤣)

that drawing also genuinely does trigger a memory for me of someone bring their toddler into work. he was a cute enough kid and very giggly but every time he laughed every woman on my bank of desks would laugh back. this went on, slightly hysterically, for ages. i felt like i was in that scene from midsommar.

everyone had lovely sounding weekends! i’m off to vegas in a week and a half so i spent my weekend doing travel prep (buying dollars, new luggage etc) and doing the all important task of planning my outfits 🇺🇸

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
at this point if they’re still reading here then that’s on them 🤣💀 (though why would you? me and you aren’t out there in an anti f1 thread! i’m not reading a thread called “i hate books” or whatever 🤣)

that drawing also genuinely does trigger a memory for me of someone bring their toddler into work. he was a cute enough kid and very giggly but every time he laughed every woman on my bank of desks would laugh back. this went on, slightly hysterically, for ages. i felt like i was in that scene from midsommar.

everyone had lovely sounding weekends! i’m off to vegas in a week and a half so i spent my weekend doing travel prep (buying dollars, new luggage etc) and doing the all important task of planning my outfits 🇺🇸
That Midsommar analogy is SO on point 🤣 Makes me want to jump in a bear suit and throw a match 💀

I’m so jealous of your Vegas trip, can’t wait to hear all about it after! Make sure you visit the GP start line and graffiti our names in a love heart with PG and CL 🥹

• Heart
Reactions: 2
That Midsommar analogy is SO on point 🤣 Makes me want to jump in a bear suit and throw a match 💀

I’m so jealous of your Vegas trip, can’t wait to hear all about it after! Make sure you visit the GP start line and graffiti our names in a love heart with PG and CL 🥹
girl, you KNOW i will - keep an eye out for it 😉 i’m hoping there’s already gonna be some kind of f1 store there so i can bankrupt myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I honestly think my MIL would drive me up the wall if I had a child.
She’s one of those women in her 50’s that believes she knows more than 20/30 something year olds simply because she is older.

She always seems to think she knows more than me, actually a lot of women older than me act like this, like they know everything and i know nothing and it drives me up the wall. I’ve always been above average intelligence and it drives me loopy when people explain the obvious to me as if I shouldn’t know.

My MIL isn’t exactly clever either and it just makes it worse. I could imagine her now giving me outdated baby advice. She’s tried to advise me on my cat before now, despite her never having owned one🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.