Childfree by choice #6 Sleeping well at night, petition for childfree flights

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

The entitled mumsies* are at it again. God forbid lickle Ayva-Maiiiii-Pryncess walks more than three steps per day!

*Because we all know that Silly Hubbies can’t do the school run. They’ll accidentally go to the wrong school or get the wrong child, the silly sausages!

Ok apparently we can’t link to the MEN. It was a story about primary school parents parking across people’s driveways and turning up at 2pm to get a parking spot because they have nothing else to do all day but wait for their children.
There’s way too many high school kids now that get dropped off at school because they can’t possibly walk.
It’s utterly ridiculous. We’ve become a lazy nation seriously.

Reactions: 13
There’s way too many high school kids now that get dropped off at school because they can’t possibly walk.
It's funny how times have changed, when I was in high school being dropped off by your mum was the worst thing ever 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
It's funny how times have changed, when I was in high school being dropped off by your mum was the worst thing ever 😂
Exactly! I even walked alone on the 1st day of year 7 because it was too embarrassing to go with parents (my mum didn’t drive anyway so couldn’t have taken me unless she walked with me)!

Reactions: 7
i live near a high school and sixth form now (i know, i cannot escape both children and mums) - the number of near misses i have on a weekly basis because mummy does a borderline emergency stop in the middle of the road at the mere sight of her little cherub is ridiculous. likewise coming to an immediate stop at the gates, rather than driving a few yards further and stopping safely.

i nearly hit one the other week because she slammed on in the middle of the road. i did the same behind her, beeped and then saw her frantically waving to a boy who must have been seventeen years old who was waiting by the gates. your teenager can easily walk a little further along and meet you in a safe spot!!!!

and why is it ALWAYS mums?! can dads not be trusted?! will they collect the wrong kid?!

(sorry, mummy driving and parking really triggers me 🤣🤣)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
i live near a high school and sixth form now (i know, i cannot escape both children and mums) - the number of near misses i have on a weekly basis because mummy does a borderline emergency stop in the middle of the road at the mere sight of her little cherub is ridiculous. likewise coming to an immediate stop at the gates, rather than driving a few yards further and stopping safely.

i nearly hit one the other week because she slammed on in the middle of the road. i did the same behind her, beeped and then saw her frantically waving to a boy who must have been seventeen years old who was waiting by the gates. your teenager can easily walk a little further along and meet you in a safe spot!!!!

and why is it ALWAYS mums?! can dads not be trusted?! will they collect the wrong kid?!

It’s a total joke! In my old street parents would park right on the junction which would cause a total hazard!

there’s just no need for it all. Way too much traffic on the roads as it is without all the school drop offs in the car!

Reactions: 9

my dad forgot to pick me up from school once hahaha

• Haha
Hardest thing I've ever had to do but just broken up with the love of my life as he wants kids and I just don't. I love him so much but I feel relief.

I thought that true desire for kids and readiness for that stage of life would eventually come, and I'm only in my late 20's but even though my peers are noticeably settling down/moving away/getting more boring it just made me feel like the walls were closing in. The no sleep, responsibility, overstimulation, no money, no nice holidays I just don't want any of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Hardest thing I've ever had to do but just broken up with the love of my life as he wants kids and I just don't. I love him so much but I feel relief.

I thought that true desire for kids and readiness for that stage of life would eventually come, and I'm only in my late 20's but even though my peers are noticeably settling down/moving away/getting more boring it just made me feel like the walls were closing in. The no sleep, responsibility, overstimulation, no money, no nice holidays I just don't want any of it.
When dating....Hi, nice to meet you...do you like animals and hate kids?...No?...NEXT!
lol

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

oh gosh i’m so sorry, that’s such a tough decision to make but also a brave one. i know it hurts but you should feel pride in yourself too - you’ve done the right thing for you and for him 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Congratulations on knowing yourself so well. It’s the only way to find happiness in life. Also, very considerate of you to do the breaking, kinder in the long run. Give yourself an easy weekend! Sending love. 🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I did compressed hours for a while (so longer work hours each say to have a day off in lieu where the time built up) but had said I would like part time and do 4 days a week. My work agreed and I love it. My Parents died within 6 months of each other and it gave me a whole new perspective and part time was a blessing after that.

However I was thinking earlier about maternity leave & those of us who aren't getting pregnant don't get the opportunity to have time off like that. I know you can ask for a "career break/sabbatical" but it's not paid. Maybe one day I will take one when life isn't so expensive. Super glad I don't have to pay for a kid though!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I did compressed hours for a while (so longer work hours each say to have a day off in lieu where the time built up) but had said I would like part time and do 4 days a week. My work agreed and I love it. My Parents died within 6 months of each other and it gave me a whole new perspective and part time was a blessing after that.

However I was thinking earlier about maternity leave & those of us who aren't getting pregnant don't get the opportunity to have time off like that. I know you can ask for a "career break/sabbatical" but it's not paid. Maybe one day I will take one when life isn't so expensive. Super glad I don't have to pay for a kid though!
I wouldn't really say maternity leave is "time off." Moms aren't going to work but looking after a newborn is a full time "job." I'd hate it!

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Sending you some ❤ this weekend, be good to yourself and allow any time you need to process your emotions.

• Heart

That's really good you were so honest and firm with him.

I get the occasional pang of regret however today I was reading something about packed lunches for soft play, then had a kid belching away very pleased with himself next to me in the supermarket and thought: "thank duck!!"

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
ITV are preparing for "Romance Retreat" which is a Love Island spin off for 40+ year old single parents (nominated by their children)..... what about 40+ childfree singles?

Reactions: 6
ITV are preparing for "Romance Retreat" which is a Love Island spin off for 40+ year old single parents (nominated by their children)..... what about 40+ childfree singles?
I appreciate your point but all I can think is how absolutely heinous it would be watching one of your parents getting railed under the covers like on love island on prime time itv 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Happy Saturday night my childfree friends!!!

I'm sat watching YouTube, eating ice cream, contemplating some video games 🥰 Dry Jan for me so just a posh cloudy lemonade over ice!

Hope everyone else is having a relaxing evening! 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 14

I'm sat watching YouTube, eating ice cream, contemplating some video games 🥰 Dry Jan for me so just a posh cloudy lemonade over ice!

Sounds bliss! I’m watching the masked singer. Today, I did some errands this morning which landed me in the library, took a bunch of books out, bought some snacks, then took myself out for lunch as a treat. Spent the rest of the day reading one of my books in bed with my heated blanket on eating my snacks!
I had an ibs flare up so I just wanted a chill day (after the errands 😂)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I wouldn't really say maternity leave is "time off." Moms aren't going to work but looking after a newborn is a full time "job." I'd hate it!
Same, honestly. Seeing my friend go from a normal functioning person to a husk of a woman during her maternity leave would be enough to put me off, even if I wanted this. I don't think she enjoyed a full 24 hours of that 6 months at home.

Enjoy! I've been suffering from a stiff neck/back since yesterday morning, so I happily spent today horizontal and didn't move except for food, WC or to change what I was watching ✌

Reactions: 5
If someone said you can take 1 year off and be subjected to Peppa Pig and screaming for 12 hours a day or you have 5 years added to your working life, I know what I choose.

But I do agree with the basic principal 🤣 after the WFH revolution I think subsidised sabbaticals should be the next frontier!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.