Childfree by choice #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is probably more suited for the rant thread but I feel like here I will be understood a lot more so sorry 😂

You know what really fucks me off? The fact that any kind of activities besides the gym are all geared towards kids or the elderly.

I am looking for self defence/karate classes in my area. They're all "family training for ages 5+" or kids classes. I don't think it's all that unreasonable to not want to go to a karate class with 5 year olds?

I looked up dance classes, all for kids, okay fine except the adult classes I have found take place at 9:30am. I am not 70? I have a job? Can you not run one single class for adults that's in the evening??

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I read the most horrifying/disgusting post online the other day. A woman was asking for advice because she has some kind of prolapse. When she's going to the bathroom it feels like her insides (some kind of organ) is going to fall out. She can physically feel it. I felt sick reading it! But a couple of women commented that it's more common that you think for women to have prolapse after having children 🤢. duck that. Why are women's pelvic floors not being prioritized during pregnancy? There is not enough focus on it.

I couldn't share my disgust there so am doing so here. 😵💫

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I read the most horrifying/disgusting post online the other day. A woman was asking for advice because she has some kind of prolapse. When she's going to the bathroom it feels like her insides (some kind of organ) is going to fall out. She can physically feel it. I felt sick reading it! But a couple of women commented that it's more common that you think for women to have prolapse after having children 🤢. duck that. Why are women's pelvic floors not being prioritized during pregnancy? There is not enough focus on it.

I couldn't share my disgust there so am doing so here. 😵💫
If men had to give birth it would be risk free, pain free and any side effects fixed immediately free of charge. Either that or the human race would die out.

Female health care is lowest priority.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
If men had to give birth it would be risk free, pain free and any side effects fixed immediately free of charge. Either that or the human race would die out.

Have you seen the videos from Somedays (period pain relief company) at a rodeo in Canada? The male partners were absolutely shocked at how unflinching their female partners were while they themselves were doubled over. One of the videos:

Reactions: 2
Have you seen the videos from Somedays (period pain relief company) at a rodeo in Canada? The male partners were absolutely shocked at how unflinching their female partners were while they themselves were doubled over. One of the videos:
Yet women who experience debilitating period pain every month are frequently told by male GPs that is it a normal part of being a woman 🙄

Reactions: 10
Whenever I spend any time with children I am reaffirmed in my decision to never produce any of my own. I spent the day with my cousin’s kids, who are great children. But in general, it’s SO HARD. And everything is made 20 times more complicated and longer with kids?! It’s just… so much work. I genuinely wonder how parents cope 🤷🏻‍♀️ I feel exhausted after today - emotionally, mentally, physically!

Kids just make me feel SO overstimulated; everything about them is anti chill. I feel like
I’m constantly on edge and I can’t wait to get home to sit in peace and quiet.

I would be a terrible mother, my patience would wear so thin so fast. I don’t think it’s shameful to know that or admit that. Childfree forever ✌🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 28

I've recently, like in the last year or so, rewatched Greys Anatomy and Scrubs and both make jokes or references to gynaecology or maternity care as being less serious or respected. I.e. Meredith Grey does a rotation in OB and multiple colleagues criticise her for "wearing those ridiculous pink scrubs" (what the doctors wear in that department vs navy in surgery). Why is it acceptable that female healthcare is some sort of joke or somehow not as important or serious as any other branch?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I've recently, like in the last year or so, rewatched Greys Anatomy and Scrubs and both make jokes or references to gynaecology or maternity care as being less serious or respected. I.e. Meredith Grey does a rotation in OB and multiple colleagues criticise her for "wearing those ridiculous pink scrubs" (what the doctors wear in that department vs navy in surgery). Why is it acceptable that female healthcare is some sort of joke or somehow not as important or serious as any other branch?
Because our role as women is ‘penis go in, babby come out’ and the patriarchy gets upset when we’re any more complicated than that.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m on a couple of different forums and on one there are lots of stories from parents of children with additional needs who are crying out for support and help, but they can’t get it.

I just can’t imagine having to deal with that level of emotional upset & stress, it just seems so draining.

I just couldn’t do it. I couldn’t give my all to another being like that.

• Sad
  • Heart
Whenever I spend any time with children I am reaffirmed in my decision to never produce any of my own. I spent the day with my cousin’s kids, who are great children. But in general, it’s SO HARD. And everything is made 20 times more complicated and longer with kids?! It’s just… so much work. I genuinely wonder how parents cope 🤷🏻‍♀️ I feel exhausted after today - emotionally, mentally, physically!

Kids just make me feel SO overstimulated; everything about them is anti chill. I feel like

I would be a terrible mother, my patience would wear so thin so fast. I don’t think it’s shameful to know that or admit that. Childfree forever ✌🏼
I'd be a horrible mom too. I am on the autism spectrum and also suffer from misophonia. Sensory overload is very real for me and sometimes I need to decompress and have a moment's piece. Sometimes I even need space from the dog lol!
I couldn't just shut a child in a room until I felt better.
One thing I love about not having kids too is being able to go out whenever I want! No effort or planning needed... Just get up and go.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

this is exactly me!

i don’t dislike kids at all but the constant keeping them occupied, keeping them busy, would absolutely destroy me. i spent some time with a friend and her daughter a few weeks back and it was a constant stream of “can you see that car? look at the sheep! what noise do sheep make? oh it’s raining!” etc and then when we got home she wanted to be read three different books, play mario kart, watch the first ten minutes of the descendants, then get out her lego.

i cannot deal with it. one of many reasons why i would be a terrible mother 🤣

• Heart
I CANNOT imagine bearing the awfulness that would be doing a full day at work and then going home to have to do all that for a few hours. It genuinely gives me the fear.

Reactions: 19
My friend’s son has recently been diagnosed with autism (he’s 9) and her life is SO hard. She’s a wonderful parent, but seeing how much pain and stress she goes through on a daily basis reconfirms that I should never have children because I absolutely would not cope with what she does.

Obviously not every child will have those additional needs but one of my very unpopular opinions is that too many people have children without considering the long term future beyond a cute baby. What if your child does have additional needs, or is disabled, or something else - are you able to cope with that?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
My friend’s son has recently been diagnosed with autism (he’s 9) and her life is SO hard. She’s a wonderful parent, but seeing how much pain and stress she goes through on a daily basis reconfirms that I should never have children because I absolutely would not cope with what she does.

Obviously not every child will have those additional needs but one of my very unpopular opinions is that too many people have children without considering the long term future beyond a cute baby. What if your child does have additional needs, or is disabled, or something else - are you able to cope with that?
i absolutely agree that most people don’t see past the (hopefully) adorable baby stage, and definitely don’t consider the possibility of their child needing additional needs.

i think a lot of people don’t consider what type of parent they would be too. it is very reassuring to see so many people on this thread (me included) explain that they know their personalities and lifestyles aren’t suited to children - if only more people were honest with themselves about that!

Reactions: 13
i absolutely agree that most people don’t see past the (hopefully) adorable baby stage, and definitely don’t consider the possibility of their child needing additional needs.

i think a lot of people don’t consider what type of parent they would be too. it is very reassuring to see so many people on this thread (me included) explain that they know their personalities and lifestyles aren’t suited to children - if only more people were honest with themselves about that!
100% - I would be an absolutely terrible parent, for a fact. I adore my friends children but I’m an anxious mess of a control freak who is easily overwhelmed and would be a disaster as a parent. Sometimes I do have fleeting thoughts that a baby would be nice but then I remember who I am as a person and quickly move on!

• Heart
Reactions: 9

agreed. I also think more people than would want to admit have kids unplanned and the thought of actually parenting never enters into their mind. Unpopular but I am willing to bet that a large population of parents never actually planned to have their children. Not that they didn’t want them, just that kids was one of those “maybe eventually” things until the positive pregnancy stick.

Reactions: 8

This is the main reason I'm not a parent.

I have always wanted to experience being pregnant. I love babies. I am fascinated with pregnancy, birth and babies.

But the idea of a 7 year old fills me with dread. The idea of coming home from work and having to entertain a child disgusts me.

I have a very short temper and the thought of constant whinging or just a person being there who doesn't understand what I want/need and keeps annoying me worries me.

Then add on the risk of additional needs. I couldn't cope.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My SIL recently gave birth and of course had a nightmare hospital experience ending in forceps. I mentioned that if I was ever in that situation, (hopefully never), I wouldn’t consent to forceps and ask for a c-section. Her husband was like “but by that stage all you care about is the baby, that’s the only important thing”. Well…..no. My vagina not being torn up to my bumhole is also important. I can’t imagine not putting myself first, especially to the extent you’d risk grave injury and your actual health for some creature you’ve not even met yet.

I can’t imagine it. If I ever changed my mind on kids I’d go for an elective section, formula feeding and sleep training for my own sanity, but apparently that’s not “best for baby” and once they’re born you may as well get in the dustbin because you don’t matter anymore.

Reactions: 19
God, how bleeping dare he say that? SHE can say that if she likes, but he can duck right off with that. Imagine seeing your wife being torn open in childbirth and thinking “well, as long as my baby’s alright”. bleeping sociopath.

(Sorry, but that’s really shocked me.)

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.