Childfree by choice #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My holiday is the highlight of my year 😂 I need the escapism. I like going to places that aren’t so child friendly, if it’s adult only even better. The next best thing would be child free flights and restaurants.
Our favourite thing to do is an adult only cruise, and as the cruise company provides the flight, it virtually guarantees no kids on the flight as everyone on there is heading for the adult only cruise ship. Absolute bliss!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Our favourite thing to do is an adult only cruise, and as the cruise company provides the flight, it virtually guarantees no kids on the flight as everyone on there is heading for the adult only cruise ship. Absolute bliss!
I’ve never fancied a cruise in my life but you might have just swayed me!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’ve never fancied a cruise in my life but you might have just swayed me!!
Ooh I love them, done quite a few now, Caribbean, Med, Arctic Circle. Going to America on one next year (not adult only sadly but in term time so shouldn't be too bad) Great for having a taster of different places that you can go back to for longer breaks if you like them. Plus you get to see loads of places without having to constantly pack and repack your suitcase!

Reactions: 5
I love this thread, you guys are making me happier and happier about being childfree. I'd like to add that while other women stress out about finding a man, any man to lock down and have kids with asap, I can just relax and enjoy my life and take a relaxed approach to dating. My money is my own, my time is my own. haaaa bliss

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I'm like this but with holidays rather than cars! Can't bear the thought of having to do a weekend at Butlins or an all inclusive at a family resort in Spain (at school holiday prices) to keep the kids happy. Give me an adult only cruise or a last minute city break any day!
I don't know why I turned my nose up at cruises until now 😂 But I checked some adults only cruises and I'm really tempted by a couple antiquities tour ones! I love traveling alone and a cruise might be well comfortable. Distances are exhausting and I'd much prefer being settled in one room for the whole trip.

Reactions: 6
Can I just post something that I find so cringe about parents? Those who live vicariously through their child! I have a family member and their kid is in extra curricular sports and the dad is so pushy about it. He truly believes that his child will be the next David Beckham or whatever. So I guess his kid tried out for a team and didn't make it and the dad uploaded a bitter post about it on Facebook. He looks pathetic and I bet the other parents laugh 😂. I feel for kids whose parents project their grand delusions onto them.
They also have another child who seems to be forgotten as most days of the week are focused on the other kids sports 🥴.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I don't know why I turned my nose up at cruises until now 😂 But I checked some adults only cruises and I'm really tempted by a couple antiquities tour ones! I love traveling alone and a cruise might be well comfortable. Distances are exhausting and I'd much prefer being settled in one room for the whole trip.
Oh I definitely wouldn't dismiss them, there's something for everyone, all cruise companies cater to different markets. They are also great for solo travellers, they provide chances for meet ups if you want, or you can do your own thing. One of the best I've ever done was Hurtigruten up and down the coast of Norway in winter. Not strictly speaking a proper cruise as there's no entertainment and it's a working ferry but it was amazing and you really get absorbed in the Norwegian culture.

• Heart
Also, if you want any confirmation you’ve made the right choice about not having kids, go to Orlando!
It’s literally full of kids driving their parents insane and their parents just look miserable.

All these people saying Disney world is for kids clearly have never been because the only people enjoying themselves are the child free adults!😂😂

Literally could not be arsed carrying a screaming child in this heat when it’s literally exhausting 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Can't believe people have the audacity to look at me in ~that way when I say I don't want kids, when videos like this exist

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Can I just point out that I checked some of his other videos and can confirm he developed that eye twitch from stress/tiredness! I would've been the same having to listen to that racket.

I'm not sure if the entire 29 hours was continuous but with the cabin and natural light changing it's clearly long enough 💀

“29 hour flight to Berlin” though. Was he flying there from the Moon?
I think New Zealand/Australia - Berlin is that long. I certainly wouldn’t want to do it with a baby! I feel sorry for the baby and passengers. I reserve my sympathy for the parents until I know why they took a baby on such a long flight 😆

• Heart
I think New Zealand/Australia - Berlin is that long. I certainly wouldn’t want to do it with a baby! I feel sorry for the baby and passengers. I reserve my sympathy for the parents until I know why they took a baby on such a long flight 😆
Totally. It can’t be easy for anyone.

You make such sensible and logical points, but I still think if that guy was on a 29 hour flight it must have been intergalactic.

9B47E937-BA13-46C3-968A-DBED189D2FF9.jpeg

Last edited:
Loving the holiday chat! I was wondering if anyone has any really nice 5 star adult only hotel recommendations in warm European countries like Greece? Me and my partner have been to a few of the tui Sensatori hotels before which are lovely but we've have been noticing more and more kids and babies at them so decided next year we need to do adult only 😂. We just don't have the patience for the noise and chaos anymore!

I’ve booked to go to the tui blue the residence sensatori in fethiye turkey next year. My parents went this year and said it was brilliant.

Loving the holiday chat! I was wondering if anyone has any really nice 5 star adult only hotel recommendations in warm European countries like Greece? Me and my partner have been to a few of the tui Sensatori hotels before which are lovely but we've have been noticing more and more kids and babies at them so decided next year we need to do adult only 😂. We just don't have the patience for the noise and chaos anymore!
Tui is amazing!

I went to one in the Canaries this summer and it was the dream

If you search on the TUI site for adults only most are just that, but read all the details as the occasional one with an adults only section is in there.
Every one we’ve been to with them has been blissful, however the only downside is they are often out in the sticks a bit rather than in the resorts.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.