Childfree by choice #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went to a bunch of house music festivals this summer and it dawned on me that half the reason I enjoy them so much (apart from the music obvs) is that there’s no kids and no dogs 😁 No high-pitched screaming/whining/yapping, just bass.

Reactions: 5
Low-key big dog owners act the same as regular parents. Like no I don't want your giant dog to jump on me nor bark at me 😂🤮
small dog owners do it too. I used to work in a cafe and people would come and we’d say that no dogs were allowed and they’d be like “well she’s just a chihuahua” and I’d stand there thinking “yes and this is a cafe head. We serve food here????”

• Haha
Reactions: 15
small dog owners do it too. I used to work in a cafe and people would come and we’d say that no dogs were allowed and they’d be like “well she’s just a chihuahua” and I’d stand there thinking “yes and this is a cafe head. We serve food here????”
This is interesting cos I love dogs generally but just don’t think everywhere should be “dog friendly”. A few weeks ago I was out for my friends birthday and we were in a COCKTAIL BAR and there was a dog there at like 10pm!!!! He was bored senseless and the music was very loud for a small space. Just seemed cruel to me. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Same with dogs, when they say “oh he won’t hurt you”. I’m not worried about being bitten. I just don’t want something sniffing me and rubbing their feet fur and other bits on me! Imagine if I started sniffing another human 😅

Reactions: 6
Same with dogs, when they say “oh he won’t hurt you”. I’m not worried about being bitten. I just don’t want something sniffing me and rubbing their feet fur and other bits on me! Imagine if I started sniffing another human 😅
I hate it when dog owners don't get that I really don't want their dog licking my face and slobbering on me :sick: mind you, a lot of kids are the same

Reactions: 8
I CANNOT imagine bearing the awfulness that would be doing a full day at work and then going home to have to do all that for a few hours. It genuinely gives me the fear.
I work with Social Workers who deal with kids in long term care and are in fact their legal guardians. Most of them have kids of their own and I've NO idea how they manage it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Personally I think that dog owners are worse than parents. At least some parents realise that not everyone wants their kids near them.

Reactions: 6
Hate it when people say "when are you going to have kids?/won't you ever have any?"
Anyone that knows me personally knows I've never wanted them. So stop being so nosey.
I'm not anti kids , love my nephews and neices.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Dogs slobbering and jumping on you? Lord you all need to move to the South East where we would never dream of such interactions with strangers! (Or if you could point me in the direction of the park where all these people let you play with and fuss their dog that would make my day) 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Like children, dogs are very noticable if nobody raised them well. I'm still salty that I had to cross the road today because two unleashed dogs behind a very tiny fence kept barking and jumping at me.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I was always told the world doesn’t revolve around me when I was a child and I had to fit in around others and not the other way around. As such I now can’t stand to see kids constantly being pandered… it feels like the whole world is now child orientated and these kids are growing up with little emperor syndrome.

I work with a couple of 20/21 year olds and they are the most entitled and selfish beings I’ve met and they’ve no interest in anything other than makeup, eye bleeping themsleves on selfies and celebs/influencers.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Went to a local tea room for brunch today and duck me did it reaffirm to me that I hate parents.

The table next to us was 2 mums with their toddlers, who kept taking it in turn to screech at the top of their lungs. The mums started saying shush be quieter 🙄 etc. Then proceeded to literally ignored them!!!!

It was only when the whole room turned to look at them one of the mums said "oh is that my kid?" Yes it bleeping is. He is sitting less than 3 inches from you. She claimed she didn't realise because "as a mum you just learn to block it out"

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Went to a local tea room for brunch today and duck me did it reaffirm to me that I hate parents.

The table next to us was 2 mums with their toddlers, who kept taking it in turn to screech at the top of their lungs. The mums started saying shush be quieter 🙄 etc. Then proceeded to literally ignored them!!!!

It was only when the whole room turned to look at them one of the mums said "oh is that my kid?" Yes it bleeping is. He is sitting less than 3 inches from you. She claimed she didn't realise because "as a mum you just learn to block it out"
My mum didn’t learn to ‘block it out’ she taught me not to be rude/annoying/too loud for the situation/how to behave in each situation. She wouldn’t want me screeching and screaming all through dinner at home, never mind out of the home, so she taught me it’s not appropriate. I’m now grown up (well, I’m old anyway 😂) and I’m not traumatised by not being allowed to screech my lungs up in public and neither are any of my siblings.

Reactions: 10
I’ve started to talk realllly loudly to my husband if there’s kids doing the same or shrieking near me in supermarkets etc. I make sure I’m just a bit louder than them, enough to drown them out as I am easily overwhelmed and overstimulated with screeching noise and I can hardly cope going out anywhere because of it honestly. And I tell you what the Mums reallllllly don’t like it when the shoe is on the other foot 😂 .

WOW DARLING LOOK AT THE PRICE OF THIS CHICKEN IT LOOKS GREAT!! Super loud and enthusiastic. I use it as a coping mechanism 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I’ve started to talk realllly loudly to my husband if there’s kids doing the same or shrieking near me in supermarkets etc. I make sure I’m just a bit louder than them, enough to drown them out as I am easily overwhelmed and overstimulated with screeching noise and I can hardly cope going out anywhere because of it honestly. And I tell you what the Mums reallllllly don’t like it when the shoe is on the other foot 😂 .

WOW DARLING LOOK AT THE PRICE OF THIS CHICKEN IT LOOKS GREAT!! Super loud and enthusiastic. I use it as a coping mechanism 😆
i love this 🤣🤣

and if a mum gives you a polite please keep it down look. just say OH I KNOW HE’S LOVELY ISN’T HE! JUST MAKING FRIENDS as that’s what seems to happen in my experience 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My mum didn’t learn to ‘block it out’ she taught me not to be rude/annoying/too loud for the situation/how to behave in each situation. She wouldn’t want me screeching and screaming all through dinner at home, never mind out of the home, so she taught me it’s not appropriate. I’m now grown up (well, I’m old anyway 😂) and I’m not traumatised by not being allowed to screech my lungs up in public and neither are any of my siblings.
It was me, my mum and sister so we proceeded to discuss quite loudly how our mum could silence us with a look when we were their age 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Having a baby seems like such a make or break situation for so many couples. So many couples seem to feel like their relationship is strong and good and then when they add a baby in it seems to go one way or the other a lot of the time.

I see so many women getting cheated on when pregnant and then being left shortly after the birth. Or just women being left only a few months/years into the baby being born.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.