Childfree by choice #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would love for this American lady to be on this thread!
My parents loved a big family holiday when we were kids as they expected other people to play with and look after my brother and I. I expect that is what lots of people are thinking on trips like this whether they admit it or not.

Reactions: 3
My parents loved a big family holiday when we were kids as they expected other people to play with and look after my brother and I. I expect that is what lots of people are thinking on trips like this whether they admit it or not.
I am very selective which relatives and friends I’ll go on holiday with/have to stay/stay with. I don’t mind a bit of babysitting or occasionally keeping an eye on the kids but some of them think the holiday is a holiday from their kids and expect everyone else to deal with them!

Reactions: 7
I am very selective which relatives and friends I’ll go on holiday with/have to stay/stay with. I don’t mind a bit of babysitting or occasionally keeping an eye on the kids but some of them think the holiday is a holiday from their kids and expect everyone else to deal with them!
I won't go on holiday with anyone other than my husband and / or his parents. I will not stay over in anyone's house, and only people without children are welcome to stay over in my house. I'm not a sociable person anyway so rarely are these rules an issue.

Reactions: 5
I have no words… what honestly gives people the right to think their child can act like this!!
Nope, I work as cabin crew I tell parents if their kid stands on a tray table they’ll be sent the bill when it breaks. Absolutely no need to allow your child to behave like that, selfish obnoxious behaviour

• Angry
Reactions: 16
Nope, I work as cabin crew I tell parents if their kid stands on a tray table they’ll be sent the bill when it breaks. Absolutely no need to allow your child to behave like that, selfish obnoxious behaviour
That is 100% crappy parenting no more no less. I only wish someone had walked past that sprog and clotheslined them. Good on you for policing it when flying.
Why would the parents think anyone on that flight is interested in their crotch fruit??

Reactions: 8
That is 100% crappy parenting no more no less. I only wish someone had walked past that sprog and clotheslined them. Good on you for policing it when flying.
Why would the parents think anyone on that flight is interested in their crotch fruit??
A lot of parents nowadays just remind me of the guy in Titanic trying to get on a lifeboat and screaming “I have a child!” Nobody cares if you have a child, unless the child is related to me somehow, I don’t care about your child

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I would love for this American lady to be on this thread!
I didnt go on holiday with my sister, nephew and parents for this very reason 🤣 not that I admitted it though, she's very brave to do that! I just made out I couldn't get the time off 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Saw this and thought of us all here 🤣 ”baby = parasite” took me out 🤣

Reactions: 5
This made me laugh, yesterday I got one of those scam texts that start off Hi Mum I’ve broke my phone.
They clearly don’t know their target victim very well!😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
This made me laugh, yesterday I got one of those scam texts that start off Hi Mum I’ve broke my phone.
Well no, if I got one of those I'd be WHAT DA FUQ??

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I got one of those too, and I absolutely let rip before blocking them. AS IF.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I can’t stand people that think their pushchair should take up space on a bus or train rather than someone’s wheelchair. They need that wheelchair whereas you can hold your child temporarily and fold the pushchair

What is said odour? I'm guessing it isn't pleasant...also "can go blind"!! Fml 😶
I saw one woman describe it as being like a “rotting onion” - I don’t want a baby to “find” me. If I ever by some circumstance had one I would let my milk dry, no feeding off me

• Heart
How is everyone here set up for Christmas? Breathing a sigh of relief that we're with my in-laws this year, and there will be no kids 🥳

Reactions: 7
How is everyone here set up for Christmas? Breathing a sigh of relief that we're with my in-laws this year, and there will be no kids 🥳
Spending it with my sister who also doesn’t have children. We have nieces and nephews that we’ll see at our leisure after Boxing Day and who can be handed back to their parents at the end of the day

Reactions: 1
This popped up on my Twitter feet (annoyingly, even though I don’t follow this person). But Jesus Christ, the entitlement! Maybe, I don’t know… prepare in advance!!? Rather than moaning that you have a baby with you 🧐

How stupid do you need to be to not realise that the £1 is a deposit so that you’ll return the trolley properly!! 🫠

D986E0D5-D007-4301-92E7-644E1E457917.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Always spend Christmas Day with my husband and his parents, just the 4 of us. We drop presents off with his nieces and nephews on Christmas Eve afternoon and after that it's adults only!

For Christmas it will be myself, my husband, my mum, my older brother, husband’s mum & dad, husband’s nan & husband’s older sister.

There are no children in either of our immediate families so no risk of spending Christmas with any children. In fact I have never spent any Christmases with kids and I love it. It’s so relaxing.

This popped up on my Twitter feet (annoyingly, even though I don’t follow this person). But Jesus Christ, the entitlement! Maybe, I don’t know… prepare in advance!!? Rather than moaning that you have a baby with you 🧐

How stupid do you need to be to not realise that the £1 is a deposit so that you’ll return the trolley properly!! 🫠

View attachment 1761756
Wtf, unless you have one working arm you have a spare hand for the pound. Or if not open your self entilited gob and ask someone would they mind helping. people have always offered to help if I even trydo it while holding kids, , but maybe that’s cos I’m polite , you can just think of the abuse anyone would get if they offered her help

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.