Childfree by choice #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If I see another effing pumpkin patch on Facebook or Instagram....

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
That is actually a pisstake. I used to spend my half terms either with the childminder, at holiday camp/visiting family, reading books from the library, playing Runescape or hanging out in Topshop. Parenting these days is bonkers, no wonder they’re all so miserable!

Reactions: 2
My friends son is 11 and she’s constantly whining how she doesn’t get to watch tv as she has to watch what he likes doesn’t have time to exercise because she needs to play with him he’s 11 ffs !! When I was that age I had a tv in my room and spent most of my spare time with friends at their houses or in my room listening to music or gossiping honestly her son will be such a drip if she keeps this up . Funny thing is she’s got time to sit on what’s app and tell everyone in the group chat his every bloody move lost count of the number of times I have said aw or a laughing emoji all the time thinking I don’t care what he’s doing !
The fear is real when your friend sends a photo/video/second-by-second account of their child’s morning, but you’re the last one in the group to read the message and have to think of a creative reply. There’s only so many ways to type “Aww that’s so cute!” 😣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Basically a box full of extra gifts given the day before....tonnes of presents. Usually have pj's/film/food etc (not a thing we had growing up AT ALL)

My own Xmas eve box to myself is a takeaway and a bottle of wine 😆😆
Mine is a bottle of Bailey's

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The fear is real when your friend sends a photo/video/second-by-second account of their child’s morning, but you’re the last one in the group to read the message and have to think of a creative reply. There’s only so many ways to type “Aww that’s so cute!” 😣
Use emojis or gifs!

Just do a reaction to a couple of the photos. I find a thumbs up is appropriate 😎😆

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Hey guys! Love reading this thread so I thought I’d jump in. I’m 26 and have never wanted kids, I am very work orientated and I couldn’t think of anything worse than giving things up to have kids in the same way that my friends have! A few examples being ‘ can’t go on holiday I have a child’ ‘ i have to be home by 7 because of xyz bedtime’ ‘ oh I look a mess #mumlife’ you get my point 😂 but fast forward and I’m 6 months pregnant! I do believe that until you are pregnant and you start feeling your baby ect you don’t realise how much you want/ love that child but I will NOT give anything up! He will be a part of my life and I never want to lose myself in that. How annoying is it when people just use their kids as an excuse to be lazy and have no goals! Only problem is I don’t think I’ll have any mam friends who agree with my views 😂😂
he will be a part of your life? not you will be a part of his life? oh boy. I like peace calm and quiet pregnancy is one thing but I can't imagine a screaming gremlin demanding I be it's personal slave 24/7, pregnancy would not change that.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
As a kid I always got new pj's on Christmas eve which was nice. My husband and I do the same now 😂.
As for Halloween, I CBA. Here in Canada it is a big deal. I bought a box of candy this year and started eating it so i guess I am not giving it out!! We didn't do Halloween candy give out during the covid years and it was bliss 😂.

• Heart
  • Haha
I never answer the door to trick or treaters. We have a living room in the back of the house. So while the front is all in darkness, we are in the back watching films and eating while kids just walk past! Cba answering the door, I’d rather have the sweets!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I never answer the door to trick or treaters. We have a living room in the back of the house. So while the front is all in darkness, we are in the back watching films and eating while kids just walk past! Cba answering the door, I’d rather have the sweets!
We usually always go out to the pub for a meal and drinks on Halloween, it wasn't something I grew up with so I really don't understand it and really can't be arsed with beggy kids.

It's a Monday this year so we'll stay in but will take the batteries out the doorbell and watch a film in bed and tuck into the Celebrations I've tried to save for Christmas :LOL:

• Haha
Or if they send a video of 3 min long I always just fast forward to the end and hope I’ve not missed the point of it .

• Haha
Our house is the same, it's great! I hate Halloween with a passion, so I don't answer the door. I still buy the sweets though 🤣 is it me or is the build up to Halloween getting like the build up to Christmas?

Our house is the same, it's great! I hate Halloween with a passion, so I don't answer the door. I still buy the sweets though 🤣 is it me or is the build up to Halloween getting like the build up to Christmas?
definitely is and I believe for commercial reasons. I've seen Halloween become more popular in European countries where it didn't use to be a thing as well

I love how Halloween is huge now.

Parents were so scared of children being assaulted, kidnapped or worse that they never allowed us to do it where I lived.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.