Childfree by Choice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm watch casualty 24/7 and a little boy is about 2/3 and he's wedged a stone up his nose for the second time and all I could think was "I swear to god if I had to sit in a&e for god knows how many hours cause my kid has stuck a stone up his nose for the second time I'd be fully sat there thinking you stupid little prick."
and this has definitely made me realise I'm not cut out for parenting...
I realise I’m not cut out for parenting when Im out and about and I hear children screaming like banshees and hitting their parents… all’s I think is “if that was my child, they’d be getting a backhander across the face” 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I realise I’m not cut out for parenting when Im out and about and I hear children screaming like banshees and hitting their parents… all’s I think is “if that was my child, they’d be getting a backhander across the face” 🤣🤣
I say this all the time when we are out!! "Can someone not give that kid a crack round the arse and shut them up" - My sister often points out that it would only exacerbate the issue. God knows when I was a kid I soon shut up if my parents threatened to wallop me!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I say this all the time when we are out!! "Can someone not give that kid a crack round the arse and shut them up" - My sister often points out that it would only exacerbate the issue. God knows when I was a kid I soon shut up if my parents threatened to wallop me!
I think some little brats need it. I wouldn’t have dared show my mum up by screaming in a supermarket and I wouldn’t have dared hit her. I don’t understand why so many kids hit their parents nowadays, I wouldn’t have lived to see another day if I had. Oh and the amount of kids I’ve heard shouting at their parents and calling them stupid and fat, my god, I wouldn’t be here today! 😂

drives me insane when I’m out and about trying to enjoy myself and all’s I can hear is kids screaming blue murder like Satan reincarnated. I don’t understand why there’s so many brats…

Reactions: 13
When kids under 4 hit adults, I tend to forgive them as they don't know better. Once when my wife's 5 year old nephew hit her, I told him, if he did it again I would hit him. He stopped and never did it again. His parents were pissed with me, but if they don't do what they are supposed to, then others will.

Again the same kid , had a habit of "accidentally" kneeing his 9 month old twin sisters in the head when walking past, I told him, if they cry I will make you cry.

Again his parents were not happy with me.

When kids under 4 hit adults, I tend to forgive them as they don't know better. Once when my wife's 5 year old nephew hit her, I told him, if he did it again I would hit him. He stopped and never did it again. His parents were pissed with me, but if they don't do what they are supposed to, then others will.

Again the same kid , had a habit of "accidentally" kneeing his 9 month old twin sisters in the head when walking past, I told him, if they cry I will make you cry.

Again his parents were not happy with me.
One of my brothers never received a cross word for hitting and tormenting me until we were in our teens. My grandfather saw what he was doing, grabbed him by the collar and raised him up off the ground to look him in the eye and tell him off. It was scary as but my brother 100% deserved it.

Reactions: 6
Met one of my good friends last week.They have a 15 month old. Her partner and her don't sleep in the same bed, he refuses because he doesn't want to hear that noise of the baby so he sleeps on the sofa every night.
On average she gets 3 hours sleep a night....and then she asked if I'm thinking of having kids 😂
I just found this thread and am in the same boat. My best friend had a baby three years ago which was an accident but she obviously doesn’t regret it at all. However her life just seems like a total nightmare from the outside. Her daughter still breast feeds on demand, sleeps in their bed, requires constant attention whilst doing anything fun outside the house, once pulled her pants down and wee’d in a country garden we were visiting, they never have sex anymore… the list goes on! I love my friend but don’t think she’s been strict enough at all on the little girl. She just always says how amazing being a mum is and asks when I’m going to “get on with it”. I’ve always wanted kids but in all my experiences with friends who have kids they just seem stressed, tired and bored. Maybe the pandemic has exacerbated it.. also we just got back from holiday and were so thankful there was an adults pool as I couldn’t bear to be near the kids screaming and running around the main pool. Not sure where this leaves me!! 😩

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I just found this thread and am in the same boat. My best friend had a baby three years ago which was an accident but she obviously doesn’t regret it at all. However her life just seems like a total nightmare from the outside. Her daughter still breast feeds on demand, sleeps in their bed, requires constant attention whilst doing anything fun outside the house, once pulled her pants down and wee’d in a country garden we were visiting, they never have sex anymore… the list goes on! I love my friend but don’t think she’s been strict enough at all on the little girl. She just always says how amazing being a mum is and asks when I’m going to “get on with it”. I’ve always wanted kids but in all my experiences with friends who have kids they just seem stressed, tired and bored. Maybe the pandemic has exacerbated it.. also we just got back from holiday and were so thankful there was an adults pool as I couldn’t bear to be near the kids screaming and running around the main pool. Not sure where this leaves me!! 😩
I’m the same, when I’m near kids screaming/running around my whole body tenses up - I find it really stressful. People say ‘it’s different when it’s your own’…well I’m afraid I’m not willing to take that chance!

Reactions: 19
There was a screaming baby at the pool yesterday. I hate it.
Why should I have to listen to it cry.
Surely there should be set times screaming babies and kids are allowed in.
Stop imposing it on me.

The kids above and below me scream and scream like banshees and I honestly don't understand how their parents don't throttle them (joking...kind of) I never hear them telling the kids to be quiet. Like if having your own kid means you somehow become immune to that awful noise then I don't want it.

I can't stand it when parents let children use skateboards or scooters in the supermarket or another busy, crowded place. If the child gets injured they will no doubt blame someone else

Reactions: 10
I can't stand it when parents let children use skateboards or scooters in the supermarket or another busy, crowded place. If the child gets injured they will no doubt blame someone else
Oh god - when darling Jonny is allowed to the trolley around a packed supermarket, with the handle barely at eye level. RIP ankles of everyone in his way. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

*Edit* - just realised I've never been hit in the ankles because my massive arse acts as a crash barrier. Another reason to ditch the diet then!

• Haha
Good few Irish "influencers" are pregnant or have had babies recently and the tattle mom's describing their own mother life on the influencers threads gives me anxiety! The life they describe and the tiredness and how hard parenting is and the pain of birth and everything they are saying. Aaaggghhh not for me! 👀

If I am waiting on a train and I see a pram pusher approaching i move as far away as possible to avoid being on the same carriage. I can’t stand the rando shrieking. Ditto if it’s a toddler.

Reactions: 15
Or when parents just allow their child to be feral in public. I actually saw a boy in aldi (around 7/8) lying on the fruit! Actually on the fruit! He was way old enough to know better!

• Haha
Or when parents just allow their child to be feral in public. I actually saw a boy in aldi (around 7/8) lying on the fruit! Actually on the fruit! He was way old enough to know better!
I get that sometimes it’s not possible to leave the kids at home (single parent, only able to get food after school run in a pinch etc) but why can’t they just leave the kids at home. Why do kids want to go food shopping or dragged round M&S.

I get that sometimes it’s not possible to leave the kids at home (single parent, only able to get food after school run in a pinch etc) but why can’t they just leave the kids at home. Why do kids want to go food shopping or dragged round M&S.
I always think this when you see couples with their kids in supermarkets. Why on earth wouldn’t one of you stay home with the children? I guess these people must really love going to Aldi as a family or something, I don’t get it.

Reactions: 23
I always think this when you see couples with their kids in supermarkets. Why on earth wouldn’t one of you stay home with the children? I guess these people must really love going to Aldi as a family or something, I don’t get it.
Yes! Why do they do it? Does one not trust the other to get what’s on the list or is it that one isn’t competent enough to look after their children while the other is out…?

Surely if just one of them went out to go shopping a) the ordeal would be over quicker, b) the kids get to play at home and c) the rest of us aren’t subjected to their little “darlings” having a meltdown or getting in the way.

Reactions: 11
Good few Irish "influencers" are pregnant or have had babies recently and the tattle mom's describing their own mother life on the influencers threads gives me anxiety! The life they describe and the tiredness and how hard parenting is and the pain of birth and everything they are saying. Aaaggghhh not for me! 👀

It is a really good thing that more women are honest about it.

When I moved to Ireland I was shocked by the amount of young mothers (but then abortion wasn't allowed and women had to carry the children of their rapists) and the baby culture too.

Men seem to have the same mindset as women here and by that I mean having a big family from a very young age. Which is the complete opposite of where I grew up, France, where people would wait until their 30s to have 1 or 2 maximum.

I can't count the amount of men who were "eager" to start a family with me like WTF! Leave my uterus alone for god sake!

I really wonder if it is the Conservative Christian culture that was pushed for decades which is still ingrained?

Reactions: 6
is a really good thing that more women are honest about it.
While it is a good thing people are being honest, I think it has gone a step too far. I don't need to know how bad your piles are, or how ripped you got pushing the baby out or how sore your nipples are from breastfeeding when I haven't asked! 😂 And it's also kind of in a begrudging way, if a mother looks half decent it's like "oh well she must have help" like as if mothers HAVE TO look wrecked tired and disheveled or else they are doing it wrong. Or if a mother wears makeup daily she gets ridiculed because HOW could she possibly have the 10 minutes it takes to throw on foundation and mascara!? It's all of these things that are pushing me more and more to the child free life! Not one of the women in my friends groups with children have made it look or sound in any way desirable!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
While it is a good thing people are being honest, I think it has gone a step too far. I don't need to know how bad your piles are, or how ripped you got pushing the baby out or how sore your nipples are from breastfeeding when I haven't asked! 😂 And it's also kind of in a begrudging way, if a mother looks half decent it's like "oh well she must have help" like as if mothers HAVE TO look wrecked tired and disheveled or else they are doing it wrong. Or if a mother wears makeup daily she gets ridiculed because HOW could she possibly have the 10 minutes it takes to throw on foundation and mascara!? It's all of these things that are pushing me more and more to the child free life! Not one of the women in my friends groups with children have made it look or sound in any way desirable!
You're right - the judgement is crazy. School playgrounds are just as bad for parents as they are for the kids, and everyone has an opinion on parenting, childbirth, feeding -every last little bit of it is judged and commented on.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.