Childfree by Choice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My periods are getting heavier and more painful each month. Maybe it my bodies way of saying oi we’ll give you a break if you give this womb something to do for 9 months 😂
Before I had my kids my periods were unbearable. Id need to take time off work almost every month. The pain was unbelievable. So heavy. My moods were horrific.

When I went to my GP that was exactly what they said, I kid you not. When you have kids you might find theyl get better.

Which they did but Im not sure there is anything medical in that 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 5
My periods are getting heavier and more painful each month. Maybe it my bodies way of saying oi we’ll give you a break if you give this womb something to do for 9 months 😂
I actually read about a woman in a magazine who got pregnant as she had read that it would help her periods become lighter and less painful… she actually ended up with worse periods and it turned out she had endometriosis. I’d speak to your doctor before you make any rash decisions!😂😊

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I would have said... "the right kind of friend is one who wouldn't make these sorts of hurtful, thoughtless statements."
It is painful but I also had to cut ties with some friends who wouldn't understand that I do not want children.

They were constantly nagging me about how selfish it is for me to not share my life with a child. I am a pretty simple person and if you do not respect my boundaries I have no problem leaving you.

But I won't lie, I do miss my friends...

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Pregnancy, child birth, and breastfeeding seem so violating to me. I just can't imagine having to share my body in such an intimate way.

Also, hearing women talk about nursing their 2-3 year olds (who have teeth and can walk and talk) is just... no. Absolutely not. 🤢

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Pregnancy, child birth, and breastfeeding seem so violating to me. I just can't imagine having to share my body in such an intimate way.

Also, hearing women talk about nursing their 2-3 year olds (who have teeth and can walk and talk) is just... no. Absolutely not. 🤢
I am 1000% with you here. I can't imagine anything worse than something hanging off my tit. Hats off to anyone who does breastfeed because it sounds bloody awful. It's a hard no from me!

And regarding 2-3 year olds - my attitude is that if they are old enough to ask for it they are too old to have it!! 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 15
I am 1000% with you here. I can't imagine anything worse than something hanging off my tit. Hats off to anyone who does breastfeed because it sounds bloody awful. It's a hard no from me!

And regarding 2-3 year olds - my attitude is that if they are old enough to ask for it they are too old to have it!! 🤢
My friend baby sat her friends 1 year old for a few hours the other week. The kid kept doing this hand movement. And she was like I don't know what you want?!

When her mum picked her up she asked and she said "ohhh she's being really cheeky, as that means boob!" So they can ask from a really young age!

ETA it was baby sign language that she had been taught

• Wow
Reactions: 1

I totally agree, I have nightmares about being pregnant because the whole thing just sounds like an ordeal. I will never understand why people enjoy it.
There's some threads on here where you'd be slaughtered for the second sentence although again I agree. I find it extremely weird to think some women will breastfeed 6 or 7 year olds. Then you're told off because 'that's what boobs are for' okay, but putting your boob in a 6 year old's mouth when they can eat and drink other food etc is just plain weird to me. The whole point is surely that babies can't eat and drink normal food, otherwise would we not all be breastfed forever? Anyway the whole thing is :sick::sick::sick: no thanks.

• Sick
Reactions: 22
My friend baby sat her friends 1 year old for a few hours the other week. The kid kept doing this hand movement. And she was like I don't know what you want?!

When her mum picked her up she asked and she said "ohhh she's being really cheeky, as that means boob!" So they can ask from a really young age!

ETA it was baby sign language that she had been taught
I have a friend who breastfeeds her 2 year old. He will quite often just start pulling at her top (and his speech is very advanced) to let her know what he wants!

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I have a friend who breastfeeds her 2 year old. He will quite often just start pulling at her top (and his speech is very advanced) to let her know what he wants!
My SIL did it until just before her son started school. He'd stand there unbuttoning her top while telling her "Want boobs Mummy". I'm sorry, but it was bloody freaky.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
My SIL did it until just before her son started school. He'd stand there unbuttoning her top while telling her "Want boobs Mummy". I'm sorry, but it was bloody freaky.
Imagine growing up and having memories of saying that/breastfeeding… it’s not something I would want to remember I know that.

This is from the memes thread. I’m glad to be childfree and single, Whoopi’s quote is so relatable.

621F4B7A-04D1-412A-A631-512152A25BAC.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
This is from the memes thread. I’m glad to be childfree and single, Whoopi’s quote is so relatable.

View attachment 885947
Thats what I often think when I dip my toe in to dating. I'm the forever singleton, casual dating a few times only. I don't think I could share my time, my house, my belongings with someone else. I'm too set in my ways

• Heart
Thats what I often think when I dip my toe in to dating. I'm the forever singleton, casual dating a few times only. I don't think I could share my time, my house, my belongings with someone else. I'm too set in my ways
I wouldn’t go quite that far, totally with you on the children front, but I am married. Although I do relish it when he goes away for a few days and I’ve got the house all to myself - love it!

Reactions: 2
I wouldn’t go quite that far, totally with you on the children front, but I am married. Although I do relish it when he goes away for a few days and I’ve got the house all to myself - love it!
Same. I’m getting married next year (to a man who also doesn’t want children like me) and I couldn’t be happier. I love our child free adventures together and I think that was one of the deciding factors for us not to have kids, we are already very happy without them!

Although I do agree, I love it when he goes away with work for a couple of days and I can just chill by myself for a bit!😂

Before I had my kids my periods were unbearable. Id need to take time off work almost every month. The pain was unbelievable. So heavy. My moods were horrific.

When I went to my GP that was exactly what they said, I kid you not. When you have kids you might find theyl get better.

Which they did but Im not sure there is anything medical in that 😂
If my GP ever says this to me, only follow up question would be "Great! And what do I do with the baby after? Do you have someone I can ring to come pick it up?"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Thought this was an interesting article....why bother having children? And people complain when women pick their careers over children...

• Wow
Reactions: 3
If my GP ever says this to me, only follow up question would be "Great! And what do I do with the baby after? Do you have someone I can ring to come pick it up?"
Its an absolutely ridiculous statement. I was only young at the time, late teens/early 20s v earliest.

Reactions: 4
Thought this was an interesting article....why bother having children? And people complain when women pick their careers over children...

Not everyone feels they can take time off. Especially the self employed.

Reactions: 2
Not everyone feels they can take time off. Especially the self employed.
I get that but the way some of these women talk about motherhood and losing their identities etc. Is how I would describe to people about why I DONT want children.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.