Childfree by Choice #12 I care about my life, not my death.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just saw this Tiktok and I am just… 😭😭😭

Oh duck off do! The pharmacist should wait to go on lunch until she's been looked after even though she freely admits to be ten (and I suspect a lot more) minutes later in the first place but it's all okay because "I'm a Mum"

I'm sorry, but get fucked!!! This has really wound me up tonight. :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Wow
Reactions: 20

“Secondly, I’m a mum…”

Well if she’d only shouted that out in the pharmacy with little Otto, I’m sure the pharmacist would’ve let her straight to the front of the queue and/or shortened their lunch break for her

• Haha
The girl at college in my class said she can't wash her hair because she has a sick child. Child is fine, just a chest infection?
Ok, how about when they go to bed then? Or in the morning when you wake up? Jeez. Everything has to relate back to how she's a mum. Yeah I get it!! I doubt this can stop you from being clean in yourself though. Get a grip ffs.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 14

Bet she didn't even apologise for being late...just screeched "i'M a MuM"

The comments on tiktok are actually quite funny...noone seems to be sympathetic towards her which is a nice change...

Reactions: 16
Bet she didn't even apologise for being late...just screeched "i'M a MuM"

The comments on tiktok are actually quite funny...noone seems to be sympathetic towards her which is a nice change...
Yeah the comments are definitely on my wavelength. I find it insane that the original video is not satire cos the gist is essentially “I’m a mum therefore the rules don’t apply to me and everyone should bend over backwards to accommodate me”

There’s actually an equally as bad video from the same poster, arguably maybe even worse, in which she says disabled people shouldn’t park in child and parent spots because it’s harder to get 2 kids out of a car than a wheelchair?? She says more absolute crap but the gist is, parent and child spaces are more important than disabled and all disabled people should respect that

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
I'm sorry for your health troubles, I hope you're feeling better now.

Not on topic entirely but I'd recommend reading/listening Gabor Maté's material, he has been working with people who have experienced trauma for many years and I have found his words on being true to ourselves very compassionate and mind altering. You are definitely allowed to think of yourself and care about yourself. Your body is your most primary home, you don't owe it to anybody else, be it a partner or a baby. Best wishes xx
Thank you so much for your kind words 💕 I'm a bit overwhelmed with a few things at the moment (you can probably tell 🤣) and it really touched me that you took the time to write that back, I appreciate it x

I will check that out, sounds very helpful! I am doing ok health-wise right now, thank you. Just taking it one day at a time at the moment x

Reactions: 2

Also find it funny how she thinks its acceptable to demand they all take their unpaid lunch breaks 5 mins late;

1. Should they lose "5 mins" (15+ mins really) of their lunch because YOU are late??

2. If they push their lunch back "5 mins", what knock on effect will that have on the next 10 Ottos looking to get their vaccine?

3. Do you think their time is less valuable than yours as a Mum?? What if they have appointments to get to on their lunch which they can't be late for? What if this is the only break they get all day and they need the food and rest to get them through the rest of their demanding job as a pharmacist INJECTING humans?? What if, God forbid, they also have kids!! Perhaps they need to get somewhere to do something Kid related! Would you be more accommodating if they also declared themselves "A Mum"?

4. It sounds very much like it's standard for you to be late so either plan to leave even earlier, or accept that you might miss your appointment!

Childfree by Choice #13 - The world doesn't revolve around Mum's!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Yeah the comments are definitely on my wavelength. I find it insane that the original video is not satire cos the gist is essentially “I’m a mum therefore the rules don’t apply to me and everyone should bend over backwards to accommodate me”

There’s actually an equally as bad video from the same poster, arguably maybe even worse, in which she says disabled people shouldn’t park in child and parent spots because it’s harder to get 2 kids out of a car than a wheelchair?? She says more absolute crap but the gist is, parent and child spaces are more important than disabled and all disabled people should respect that
What!!!!????? She's an absolute horror!!
She also done a video about how Tesco wouldn't take a parcel back and it ruined her entire week!! like jesus wept woman, your life is dull if thats enough to upset you!
I know not all parents are this extreme...but people like her don't help their cause

The comments on her latest tiktoks are pretty funny, if anyone needs a giggle!
---

Also...who the duck names their kid Otto???

• Haha
Reactions: 18
She also done a video about how Tesco wouldn't take a parcel back and it ruined her entire week!! like jesus wept woman, your life is dull if thats enough to upset you!
I know not all parents are this extreme...but people like her don't help their cause

---

If she spent less time moaning on Tik Tok she might get there on time in future. Strange how she manages to find the time for that!

Reactions: 18

---

The user name tells you all you need to know about this woman... 'the Cheltenham mama'. She thinks her identity is being a mum and living in an expensive area.

The moment she said "I'm a mum" LMAO okay love, as long as you're a mum 💀

If she knows she's perpetually 10+ minutes late, the solution to that is starting to get ready 10+ minutes earlier than she thinks she needs to. If you have ample time to spin stories and tit on other people on social media for clicks and validation, you have time to get bleeping ready. What an insufferable bleep. Absolutely wild that she sincerely thinks she's been wronged. I'm wheezing 😂

Reactions: 22
I'm a mum that sounds like us lesser women/men can't be late or expect people to delay their unpaid set times lunch because we aren't.

Reactions: 6
“Secondly, I’m a mum…”

Well if she’d only shouted that out in the pharmacy with little Otto, I’m sure the pharmacist would’ve let her straight to the front of the queue and/or shortened their lunch break for her
Her Daily Mail compo face in the next video after getting rinsed in the comments 🤭

As someone responded to her, she's exactly the type who doesn't book seats on a flight, then demands everyone else move to accommodate her.

• Haha
Also find it funny how she thinks its acceptable to demand they all take their unpaid lunch breaks 5 mins late;

1. Should they lose "5 mins" (15+ mins really) of their lunch because YOU are late??

2. If they push their lunch back "5 mins", what knock on effect will that have on the next 10 Ottos looking to get their vaccine?

3. Do you think their time is less valuable than yours as a Mum?? What if they have appointments to get to on their lunch which they can't be late for? What if this is the only break they get all day and they need the food and rest to get them through the rest of their demanding job as a pharmacist INJECTING humans?? What if, God forbid, they also have kids!! Perhaps they need to get somewhere to do something Kid related! Would you be more accommodating if they also declared themselves "A Mum"?

4. It sounds very much like it's standard for you to be late so either plan to leave even earlier, or accept that you might miss your appointment!

Childfree by Choice #13 - The world doesn't revolve around Mum's!!!
Surely if you’re a parent you know the importance of being on time and therefore would ensure you set off early? As you’d know there’s every chance Otto will tit up his own back 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Honestly, the writing on that tiktok too “a daily rant for the pharmacist who clearly doesn’t have children. Have some compassion.” because she just oozes compassion…

Honestly, the writing on that tiktok too “a daily rant for the pharmacist who clearly doesn’t have children. Have some compassion.” because she just oozes compassion…
Maybe the pharmacist has children, but like many parents, is organised, knows the importance of being on time, has had a busy/tiring week with the kids and work and didn’t want to deal with an idiot, was annoyed that they work hard to manage their kids, job and life, know that they’re supposed to be setting an example for their kids and feels annoyed that some parents do things like not washing/turning up late/being rude/etc and feels pissed off that other parents ‘get away with’ loads of lazy stuff while they’re hardworking and trying their best. Those type of parents never consider that though, because they don’t want to admit they’re lazy and grotty, they want to excuse it by saying it’s because they’re a parent so they just lump all parents into their lazy, grotty ways.

• Heart
The people who bellyache the most about the woes of being a parent tend to have the least compassion for other parents, for some reason. It's not about having one child or ten, they are just using the label of being "a mum" to get their way. If they didn't have kids, they'd find another faux-victimhood that could allow them special treatment.

Editing to add: How about treating other other humans with respect for the sake of humanity and a sense of decency? You are no more entitled to kindness and flexibility than a non-parent because you have kids. I saw a comment on that post saying how small her world must be to revolve around herself and her kids only, and it is so true. Maybe that's why some parents forget that there are other people sharing the same space with them because their world suddenly shrinks to the size of a crappy diaper. Not all parents behave like this lunatic so she can blame the world all she likes but the problem remains to be her.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I watched about thirty seconds and I honestly hoped it was a parody account but I gather it isn't.

See, this is what happens when people become parents, they automatically become practically saints, overnight. So unselfish and giving and...

No, wait, if you were a thundering witch beforehand, you will be a thundering witch multiplied, afterwards. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I agree, I’m constantly surprised there’s any teachers left and if people take their kids out at all different times it’ll really mess up stuff for them I imagine. Like how do you set group projects if you never know when kids from the group will be off? How do you lesson plan when you don’t know how many kids will be there?

Someone started a thread on Reddit a while ago basically saying they were surprised how many teachers had left and how few had signed up to train to be teachers and I was surprised so few had left and so many had signed up! I definitely couldn’t be a teacher. Between the disruptive or violent children, the parents and the workload I wouldn’t last a week!
Ex teacher here. There was a noticeable shift during the pandemic regarding respect for teachers and education in general. They whip their kids out whenever they feel like it, forgetting that I plan lessons. Your kid misses a week on fractions, I’m going to have to plan for that and differentiate because they don’t have that knowledge that I have spent an entire week imparting to their class group. This typically takes up the time of my poor teaching assistant who has to reteach fractions and support that one student when they should be supporting the entire class group.

Behaviour went down the pan during the pandemic as both the government and parents viewed us as being merely childcare for their little darlings. There’s no respect at all for teachers. It’s weird as growing up I was taught that teachers were to be respected and that what they said, I did. I wouldn’t have dreamed of backchatting to a teacher! Now you get abused by kids on the daily, attacked physically and have to deal with the parents on top of that.

I recently met up with peers that I trained with. Out of 30 of us who originally trained as teachers, only 11 of us were still teaching. It’s a sad sorry state of affairs.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.