Childfree by Choice #12 I care about my life, not my death.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A few people have mentioned childfree by choice instagrammers, could i ask for a few recommendations please?

Especially those who talk about meet ups. I like abroad at thr moment and will be returning to the UK soon but one of my biggest worries is friends and social life when i get back as all of my friends from home have kids now so i dont think i can count on them for much in the way of plans!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
A few people have mentioned childfree by choice instagrammers, could i ask for a few recommendations please?

Especially those who talk about meet ups. I like abroad at thr moment and will be returning to the UK soon but one of my biggest worries is friends and social life when i get back as all of my friends from home have kids now so i dont think i can count on them for much in the way of plans!
Hiya, this is the lass I follow. I believe she is setting up meet ups etc x

Attachments

Reactions: 6

Childfreemillenial is good to follow

Reactions: 4
It's very annoying when children or teenagers spray graffiti or vandalise things and it gets excused by locals with "the children are bored as there's nothing to do round here". OK then, can I go out and smash something up the next time I get bored? Didn't think so.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Anecdotally, all the people I know who absolutely love being a parent, enjoy their children and would have kids all over again if their life restarted tomorrow never, ever say anything negative about me being childfree, never say anything rude or bitter and are always happy for me and supportive and completely understand I’m childfree.

All the people I know who complain endlessly about their children, have admitted they regret them or have said they wouldn’t have children if they had their life all over again are negative, bitter, say things like I’m lucky/spoilt/I can’t do that I have children/y’all know the comments I’m talking about! Etc.
This! The ones who are happy and secure in their parenthood are never the ones who are so defensive and hostile towards the childfree.

Reactions: 10

Wish more places would do this!
Just reading that article and it mentioned someone commenting “why is it becoming socially acceptable for people to literally hate children?”. I see this kind of comment on Instagram all the time.

Why are we always accused of hating children because we don’t want to be around loud crying, screaming, shouting, ipads. Or just not having people run around us, or having to constantly give undivided attention to people we’re not that interested in. No one would want to be around adults like that.

I don’t think it’s socially acceptable to hate children, but the Internet has made people comfortable enough not to have to put up a facade of enjoying being around people we’re not comfortable with. It’s almost like they’re scared we’re threatening the status quo.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I wonder if it's the fact that most of the children I come across are very disrespectful, rude, loud and naughty. Throw in the parent that never tells them right from wrong, spoils them rotten, let's them get away with everything and talks to them in a silly voice and don't have a clue and i think that's why i hate children. On the rare occasion I meet a pleasant child I would be able to tolerate them alot more I think.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I wonder if it's the fact that most of the children I come across are very disrespectful, rude, loud and naughty. Throw in the parent that never tells them right from wrong, spoils them rotten, let's them get away with everything and talks to them in a silly voice and don't have a clue and i think that's why i hate children. On the rare occasion I meet a pleasant child I would be able to tolerate them alot more I think.
One of my friends has the sweetest little lad ever. Good manners but it comes out as "peas" as he struggles with his Ls 🤣 His smile is infectious.

He is an absolute credit to his parents and a treat to be around.

He is the exception and it's because his parents have drummed manners and behaviour into him.

Most are terrors and I can't stand to be in the same room as them.

Reactions: 24
One of my friends has the sweetest little lad ever. Good manners but it comes out as "peas" as he struggles with his Ls 🤣 His smile is infectious.

He is an absolute credit to his parents and a treat to be around.

He is the exception and it's because his parents have drummed manners and behaviour into him.

Most are terrors and I can't stand to be in the same room as them.
My cousin's kids are the same. Two boys aged 11 and 13 and two absolutely lovely kids. Their parents have taught them manners, politeness, please, thank yous etc and they're a pleasure to have around.

They seem to be the exception to the rule however.

Reactions: 12
Was in the pub yesterday for a soft drink with a friend who was on leave from hospital… literally couldn’t even speak to him about how he was doing as there was a table in front of us with two of the loudest most obnoxious kids I’ve ever seen (maybe 4 and 8?) turning their chairs round, screaming, kicking each other… the younger one even went over and sat at a table with adults they didn’t know and it took ages before his mum actually noticed and moved him away. Then the older one fell over as he was messing about, cue massive screaming and a nosebleed!

This isn’t in any way shape or form a family pub either, more of a gastro pub type place. I just wish places would introduce adults only areas if they don’t want to exclude children entirely!

Same with travel. I flew business class last year for probably the only time in my life and it was completely spoilt by two young kids next to me climbing on the seats, screaming, crying, and being completely ignored by both their parents! I’d happily pay more for a child free flight.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
We were in a Harvester last week, around 6.30-7pm and there was a family in with 3 kids, all under the age of 5. The kids were dressed in their pyjamas and were being very loud and unruly. Luckily we were at the other side of the restaurant so weren't really affected by them. But I had to walk past the table to get to the drinks and salad bar and my god, you'd think a bomb had gone off around the table. There was food everywhere! More food on the floor than on the table and scattered way beyond where they were sitting. I felt sorry for the staff who had to clean it all up, it was way beyond what is normal or acceptable with kids. I wonder what meal times in their home is like if they are happy enough to let the kids fling their food around everywhere in public!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Just read a thread on Reddit about side effects after giving birth that no one talks about. Absolutely horrific, no thanks.

I'm genuinely still on the fence but this is one of the things that really puts me off, I'm really into leading a healthy life and feeling good in my body and it sounds like pregnancy can mess you up so badly and you might never fully recover.

Reactions: 12
Just read a thread on Reddit about side effects after giving birth that no one talks about. Absolutely horrific, no thanks.

I'm genuinely still on the fence but this is one of the things that really puts me off, I'm really into leading a healthy life and feeling good in my body and it sounds like pregnancy can mess you up so badly and you might never fully recover.
Not really even the potential for things to go wrong but this is sort of one of the things that put me off. I suffer with low self esteem and body image issues which means I spend an absolute fortune on myself in terms of appearance, gym, etc. I feel like the effects of pregnancy on my body would be ruinous, I know that sounds vain but I can’t help the way I feel. I’ve also had a boob job due to previously starving myself and no way would I want to ruin them again!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Not really even the potential for things to go wrong but this is sort of one of the things that put me off. I suffer with low self esteem and body image issues which means I spend an absolute fortune on myself in terms of appearance, gym, etc. I feel like the effects of pregnancy on my body would be ruinous, I know that sounds vain but I can’t help the way I feel. I’ve also had a boob job due to previously starving myself and no way would I want to ruin them again!
Same, I feel awful even if I slightly fall off track, like put on 2-3kg, it's not even about being very skinny but being at my ideal weight. Also gym keeps me more mentally balanced, can't imagine potentially not being able to do it for months

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Went to the garden centre this morning for it opening. It was lovely. Nice and calm. People having a potter around. Well, until a family came in with unruly children. Totally ruined it. I ended up leaving before I would have done normally.

Nuclear family too, so why on earth did the whole family need to come for the outing if the kids are badly behaved?!

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Went to the garden centre this morning for it opening. It was lovely. Nice and calm. People having a potter around. Well, until a family came in with unruly children. Totally ruined it. I ended up leaving before I would have done normally.

Nuclear family too, so why on earth did the whole family need to come for the outing if the kids are badly behaved?!
I hate it the same with dogs - usually ladies with an evil pooch down narrow bits of the garden centre. Lunge at you, make you absolutely filthy, jump out of your skin sometimes and no apology. You can't seem to relax anywhere nowadays without a bratty kid or bratty dog. I couldn't even get a trolley at the supermarket the other day without being lunged at and covered with dirt and major slobber (dog this time not kid). No apology and I could sense it was going to lunge on approach.
I'm fed up of it! I'd I only take my dog in public places if it was well-behaved. Same with a child.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I hate it the same with dogs - usually ladies with an evil pooch down narrow bits of the garden centre. Lunge at you, make you absolutely filthy, jump out of your skin sometimes and no apology. You can't seem to relax anywhere nowadays without a bratty kid or bratty dog. I couldn't even get a trolley at the supermarket the other day without being lunged at and covered with dirt and major slobber (dog this time not kid). No apology and I could sense it was going to lunge on approach.
I'm fed up of it! I'd I only take my dog in public places if it was well-behaved. Same with a child.
Exactly. I remember growing up in the 90s we were warned by our parents to behave when going out and god help us if we did misbehave!

There’s nothing punished nowadays. I’m not advocating beating kids but god, something needs to change.

• Heart
Reactions: 17