Childfree by Choice #12 I care about my life, not my death.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dad of the bleeping year right there. Hope his wife enjoys the money, cos I can't see any other perks of being married to him

Reactions: 17
I’ve seen it posted on a few Facebook groups and people are saying basically what a head he is and comparing how much time he spends with his child to how much time he spends gaming etc.

Reactions: 7
I remember reading an interview with him and he said he sleeps in a separate room from his wife and child (presumably when he was a baby) so he can get some sleep as he’s ‘an old man’….um, should you not have thought about that before?!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Oh I'm so glad I found this thread! Just read through it laughing like crazy and finally feeling like I'm not weird.

I hate the way people make me feel like my life is incomplete because I don't have kids, and my opinion on certain things doesn't matter because 'I wouldn't understand unless I have a child' 🤢

I have the added problem that I am quite nurturing and have a tendency to be the one to be kind and look out for people so people are even more confused that I don't want kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I'm new to these threads so apologies if it's already been discussed. Has working with kids made anyone even more sure in their childfree choice? It definitely did for me

Reactions: 9
Who writes in a national newspaper that they’re a weak minded idiot who has a child he didn’t want, foists his share of the care onto another woman and brags about how little he does with that child and around the house. He needs a PR person because I already didn’t like him and that article really hasn’t helped!
So typical of men who marry a much younger wife, have more children (often when they're already grandfathers), and then expect her to just do all the work because "I'm too old now." I once saw a documentary about couples with a very large age difference and one was a woman in her early 20s married to a man in his 70s. He did absolutely nothing to take care of the baby; they were conservative Christians who believed God wants women to do all the housework and childcare by herself, and the wife excused it with "well men just didn't do that in his day." No, he's a parasite

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
I'm new to these threads so apologies if it's already been discussed. Has working with kids made anyone even more sure in their childfree choice? It definitely did for me
Yes, yes, a million times yes! I've worked with kids for 20 years, 10 of those as a childminder. That made me see how mindnumbingly boring being at home with kids could be, and how I cherished the time once they'd gone home... I couldn't imagine having to do nights and weekends with them as well!

Children have changed massively in the last 20 years too, when I started out, there wasn't half the behavioural/SEN issues that there are now.

Reactions: 15
Yes, yes, a million times yes! I've worked with kids for 20 years, 10 of those as a childminder. That made me see how mindnumbingly boring being at home with kids could be, and how I cherished the time once they'd gone home... I couldn't imagine having to do nights and weekends with them as well!

Children have changed massively in the last 20 years too, when I started out, there wasn't half the behavioural/SEN issues that there are now.
100%.

The last part, I've heard others say the same! What's changed, do you think? Is it better awareness or are they actually getting more severe? I'm curious about it

Reactions: 6
100%.

The last part, I've heard others say the same! What's changed, do you think? Is it better awareness or are they actually getting more severe? I'm curious about it
Parenting changed a lot..
We can clearly see that Gen X and Millenials completely went off their rockers in the OPPOSITE when it comes to parenting, compensating for the poor parenting they received. Everyone is so scared to traumatize their children that they just stopped parenting their children completely.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I don’t think the amount of phones and screens helps at all either. Parents are obsessed with phones so little kids become obsessed with them as I think they start out just wanting their parents attention and then it becomes actually wanting the phone. So many iPads are used as babysitters. It’s pretty sad to see them being watched in the supermarket trolley for instance. It’s just not necessary.
———-
On a side note I have always thought babies and toddlers were pretty cute and I think that age would be fun. But it’s when they get older that really seals the deal for me. All our neighbours kids are becoming the tween to teen age and they honestly just all seem like total dicks 😂 Anger issues/ so entitled/major attitude. One of them has 3 this age and it’s like looking at my idea of personal hell having to share a house/pay for them to exist

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I was on an online course via my workplace, and one woman kept mentioning that she’s a “toddler mummy” 🤢 (this was completely irrelevant to the topic too!!)

• Sick
Reactions: 20
Parenting changed a lot..
We can clearly see that Gen X and Millenials completely went off their rockers in the OPPOSITE when it comes to parenting, compensating for the poor parenting they received. Everyone is so scared to traumatize their children that they just stopped parenting their children completely.
Funny you say that because that's a huge motivating factor for not having kids - just how desperately wrong it can turn out, even if you do your best. That scares the tit out of me, there are enough messed up people about as is 😂

Reactions: 16
Funny you say that because that's a huge motivating factor for not having kids - just how desperately wrong it can turn out, even if you do your best. That scares the tit out of me, there are enough messed up people about as is 😂
Oh absolutely, it's one of my ( many ) reasons I don't have them also.
I have no patience and so many still unresolved issues, I would mess up a child so very much.

Reactions: 13
Daily reminder that childfree people also have lives that still deserve days off from work :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Angry
Reactions: 14
Large influencer dw but scribbled out child's face anyway- sure we'll be getting multiples of these :rolleyes: ''Father in room''? Who the hell cares
I saw one of these the other day and the kid was called IAN! I kid you not! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13