Childfree by Choice #11 "As a Mum" stop right there, I really don't care!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean, I wish that meme was me but I’ve 2 dogs and a horse soooo :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I haven't any pets but I have a debilitating book and tea buying problem so I guess it evens out 😂 None of the books I buy will slam the door at my face screaming they hate me, so I'm good.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Why do so many of you have horses?! 🤣 (lovely creatures, don’t get me wrong, I just didn’t think it was so common to own a horse!)

• Haha
Why do so many of you have horses?! 🤣 (lovely creatures, don’t get me wrong, I just didn’t think it was so common to own a horse!)
Can't speak for the others, but I think if you get the horse bug when you're young, especially if your parents aren't in a position for you to have your own and you live for your lesson at the riding school each week, it's very, very hard to shift the dream of having your own when you're older. A friend of mine once described it as like having a particularly persistant virus that there's no cure for!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The other night, me and my OH got last minute tickets to see Shrek the Musical. Now we knew it was half term and there would be millions of kids there but we had seats right up in the gods and it didn't look too busy on the seating plan so we picked seats that were miles away from anyone.

I don't know if anyone knows the Bradford Alhambra but the upper circle is seriously steep and not for the faint hearted (but for £20 a ticket I wasn't complaining 🤣) I was shocked to see a couple of rows in front of us 2 families with small children no older than 3 years old (the rows in front were the next tier up so looking at £25 a ticket plus fees so around £100 per family).

The kids fidgeted the whole time, kept climbing along the route of seats, on and off dad's knee on to mums, and at one point one of them actually fell from one row to the one in front (very lucky someone broke her fall as its so steep she could have gone a lot further) Then less than 10 mins into the second half the kids were being passed around again as they were so tired they couldn't keep their eyes open. At least one of them fell asleep.

Why would you take such young children to a show like this on an evening? Way past their bedtime (there had been matinee performances all week). It's a waste of money as they didn't watch it and the parents can't have seen much either.

I don't know if it's just that I have worked with kids so understand child development, but some parents really don't grasp what is and isn't appropriate for kids of a certain age. There are lots of theatre shows aimed at such small kids that aren't on as long, run during the day, etc so why not take them to that instead?

• Wow
Reactions: 30
Bit gutted that 'look, it's eating a crisp!' didn't make thread title. Still one of the best lines on these threads 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
@Falkor describes it well. I used to help at a riding school on the weekend and was paid in lessons. I’ve never been able to afford/have enough time to own my own outright but have loaned and shared with friends. For me it’ll always be horses over children!

Bit gutted that 'look, it's eating a crisp!' didn't make thread title. Still one of the best lines on these threads 😂
It was close!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I don't have one but would love to if I could afford it one day 🩷 I don't ride anymore either and i really miss it 🥲

Reactions: 4
You’re all making me want to get a horse 😂

which is more than I can say for a child

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Watched a kid slam his water bottle against the wall multiple times until it broke today. Proceeded to howl and sob.

What the duck did you expect?!

And his mum just scooped him up and smothered him with affection as it he had been wronged 🙄 stop it

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I have no kids, pets, or partners lol!! (Promise I do have friends....)

One day I will be getting a dog (or 10), but not whilst I'm renting!

• Heart
According to the Facebook huns, if we don't celebrate Halloween and answer the door to all the kids tonight, we're spoiling their fun and need to either lighten up or go off somewhere else to live our miserable lives alone.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I thought there was an agreement that if you don’t decorate your drive/front of house then it’s not participating In Halloween. It seems to work where we are and there are plenty who do decorate so it’s not like the poor things are going to be cavity free after gorging on sweets 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 19
Normally I leave my light on with a tub of sweets with a wee poem as I own rescue dogs so don't like to answer the door but one of them has been quite unwell this year so I won't be doing anything as I can't risk any upset (as obvs they can hear excited kids outside)

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.