Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

trixytrips

How is that racist?😂 ah here we go!!

So someone constantly making reference to throats and necks isn’t a bit gross and unnecessary?
Not racist at all, I’m talking about throats and necks, NOT other cultures.
I think if someone from a country that colonised your country called the way you speak “vulgar”, you would find that a bit elitist and feel bad. I’m Nigerian

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Wagatha

I’d guess that Munroe was feeling quite uncomfortable a lot of the time in those conversations. Very intense, reams of text. Who knows, though.
i thought the same seeing them, this isn’t the slam dunk she thinks it is. A lot of it is massive text chunks from CE followed by short messages from Monroe placating her and telling her to calm down and deal with things rationally, and then her fangirling over Munroe.

Can see why she would feel betrayed from this though, def looks like she’s been trying to be accepted in these circles and maybe thought she was more “in”. Sucks to find out someone you thought you were mates with was just putting up with you out of politeness.

• Heart

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
I’ve just read this whole thread trying to understand what the hell is happening.

The whole thing has massively depressed me, to be honest. This is probably going to be controversial but I think fourth wave “feminism” is largely a joke, a bastardization of what intersectionality was supposed to reflect, and I honestly think that almost everything both Chidera and Florence seem to stand for plays directly into the hands of a capitalist patriarchy.

I’m actually shocked Chidera can happily claim she’s a feminist with her lessons in seeking out rich men. Mind boggling.

Overall, I can see how hugely unfair and hurtful it must have been for Chidera to be outsold by Florence. There’s no doubt that our society’s collective, often unconscious racism made Florence more palatable to young girls buying these baby lib fem books. However, I struggle to see where and why Florence is responsible for that herself. Don’t get me wrong, I can’t stand Florence, but until Chidera publicly releases the exact details of what she considers plagiarism in Florence’s book, then I think this is all a lot of hot air. She totally has a right to be angry and frustrated at our racist world, but is it right to scapegoat Florence Given for that specifically? I don’t think so.

I do actually feel for Florence, because my own personal reaction would be to go the legal route, too. I think most people would. And Chidera is right in saying that there is institutionalised racism within the legal system, but what’s the alternative? There is also institutional sexism, and ageism, and classism within our legal system... it’s not a perfect system but no perfect system exists, so are we never supposed to use it?

Anyway, somewhat hilariously, my grandmother was telling me (and every other female) that women don’t owe anyone pretty before these girls were born. I guess I better go Paypal Chidera asap.

Just a question as I cannot see it anywhere: has Chidera actually stated what type of plagiarism she feels Florence is guilty of? I am assuming direct plagiarism, which is the easiest to prove.

• Heart

snarkvark

VIP Member
Women on Instagram demanding they get paid for "work" no one asked them to do make me feel sick, especially when certain people imply its racist not to give them money.

I'm all for helping others, being charitable, using our privilege, helping to make things more accessible... Giving strangers on the internet money because they posted a graphic they made on PicMonkey to their Instagram with a long winded caption ain't it.

• Heart

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
Ironically I find the majority of white women supporting Chidera to be racist.

Demanding comment and action from Black women, coddling Chidera like she’s a baby that needs protection from evil (which to me doesn’t scream someone in support of racial equity, but rather trying to absolve their own white guilt), happily supporting a Black mental health charity denying a potentially significant donation, fueling Chidera’s content without recognising that it’s holding other Black women’s projects back (as Aja noted)...

It’s very performative and I suspect most of them just want Chidera to re-post or like their comments in order to feel “approved” by a Black woman.

I say this all as a white woman, and it should be noted that I am definitely not some paragon of perfect anti-racism allyship and obviously still make mistakes, but... yeah. I don’t think this is how anti-racism works at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

korma

Can you fucking read? I’m not on a high horse here I just stated facts. Awwww did the facts trigger you sweetie? Lmaooo stop stalking me you creep but Did you actually read the full post on the Lydia thread I clearly said I feel bad for even saying this and there’s a massive difference between bullying and calling someone out you pathetic piece of shit. How can you compare the two? Lydia bullied a PREGNANT WOMAN and makes fun of peoples weight herself you IDIOT when it comes to calling out a narrssastic person like Lydia and defending a black woman that’s hurting unfortunately your argument doesn’t hold any ground. Also you completely misunderstood my saggy boob, please come with a better argument if you’re going to address me again 😴😴

What makes me laugh is when mixed race women open their mouth to talk on black issues like they’ve ever understood 🤣🤣🤣🤣 that’s what is hilarious to me. “Did it make you feel better” spoken like a true mixed race bully 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 thanks for proving my point little miss curly hair! Being mixed race doesn’t make you BLACK so you will NEVER understand gaslighting when it comes to race. No she didn’t send me here I’m seeing a black woman hurting and naturally AS A BLACK WOMAN (something you’re not so I don’t expect you to get it 😂😂😂😂) I wanted to speak up and say stop the “she’s a crazy person talk” because it’s not okay, this happens to black women all the time silenced and villainised but you wouldn’t get that because of your privilege being mixed race and all.

I’m not a fan so I don’t need to start a rave about her thread. I’m just disgusted to witness somebody get bullied and then having people play the “oh she’s a crazy person card” like we see white people do all the time.
Yo this is fully not cool, you raise some valid points but there is no reason to tell a mixed race person they ain't black, we can have a conversation about colourism if you want which is absolutely a valid convo worth having, but being hostile towards someone and denying their Black identity bc they're mixed race is fully not on.

We get what you're saying about black women being unfairly portrayed as crazy, you've made your point, move on. Smh.

• Heart
Glad to see a thread - saw this unfold in real time and it was shocking!

Was anyone in that Clubhouse room?

ps being black women doesn’t automatically absolve us from criticism. 🤷🏾‍♀️

• Heart
NC looks so bad for not addressing it at all - peak WM power move. I was super disappointed when I got the latest newsletter and it didn't even acknowledge the work PA had put in or wish her well in the future. totally tasteless.
Help a girl out who are these people. 😂😩🤣 this is becoming a game of Cluedo with all these initials.
This drama is such a saga now I can’t keep up.

• Haha
  • Heart

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
I’m sorry, this is kind of besides the point but proves what some of us have been saying about both Chidera and Florence... but in the messages to Munroe, in what world is Florence a Radical Feminist? And why on earth does Chidera use speech marks to write it, as if the concept doesn’t exist?! I don’t know whether to laugh or cry?!

I swear, all these Instagram faux feminists have to go away and LEARN their feminist history, the waves of feminism, the basic principles etc. With the internet it’s possible for anyone to do that, and honestly with the money they all make off Instagram there’s literally no reason they cannot study feminism academically. I don’t buy the classist argument here at all - if they can write a book, they can read one, too.

Anyway, I am sorry if this offends anyone and I definitely not trying to diagnose anyone, but I am beginning to think Chidera is quite unwell. The levels of sheer delusion and victimhood are ringing alarm bells for me, particularly with the latest screenshots. I’m worried to be honest. Her being up all night, the long diatribes that often don’t make sense or contradict herself, the obsessiveness of it all and the way she has a laser focus on anyone she thinks has “wronged” her.

The saddest thing is, if she is ill, she has pushed away every single person who could have supported her and accessed her help. All she has now are guilty white women who send her money via PayPal to help them believe they’re being anti-racist.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

trixytrips

One thing I’ve wondered is why we view WATTBA as a feminist book? Did a quick search and the word feminist appears ZERO TIMES. The word women appears once. For comparison the word chicken appears 12 times.

• Haha
  • Wow

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
My god. SF, stop trying to make "digital blackface" happen, it's not going to happen.
It's just all so flimsy, isn't it. No wonder she focused so much on all the other crap she's been spewing rather than the original issue.
I think digital blackface is definitely a thing, but this isn’t an example of it at all.

These are drawings of women with “empowering” quotes attached; nowhere is Florence Given trying to pretend the drawings are supposed to be her. As has been noted multiple times, if she didn’t draw Black women, she’d be called out for it.

• Heart

snarkvark

VIP Member
isn’t Florence given like barely 21 and Chidera is acting like she’s the devil incarnate. “White women always act the victim” what in the ever loving fuck did you expect her team to respond with??

Chidera needs therapy. She screams narcissist to me
She wanted to publicly shame Florence into doing what she says through fear of being called a racist. Just goes to show that Although racism is a huge issue, that doesn't mean all black people are right when they claim someone has been racist. There's this attitude on Instagram that whatever a black person says is the final word and if you disagree then you're racist.

I'm not a fan of Florence but Slumflower is behaving so unhinged that I can't help but be on Florence's side.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
She says you should be paid for your time on a date and only date rich men etc. The thing is the sort of men who will entertain this are the £600 pcm Land Rover leasers, the Moncler via Klarna, with maxed Barclaycards and Metrobank overdrafts where they went to Dubai for the gram.

Her understanding of wealth is very limited, there’s a huge difference between the genuinely wealthy and high income individuals and ... the Instagram set lol.
I have to say, this idea of only dating rich men offends me hugely. It is the antithesis of feminism. It sends a message that instead of trying to fight against gender equality, trying to pull down the patriarchy and gain women their deserved equal pay and opportunities, just fall in line and find a well paid man to pay for your body and mind.

Do these girls (because that’s what they are) even understand how much women have fought to have the opportunity to go beyond finding a rich husband and have choice, and make money for themselves? Do they recognise how easy it is for men to take advantage of them with such a power imbalance in a relationship? Do they even realise how much they can be fucked over when their rich husband leaves them in the lurch? Even if she were to meet a great, rich guy who was totally devoted to her, does she understand the pressures and sacrifices that can come with that? Well-paid careers and successful businesses involve a lot more than just a 9-5pm. They take dedication, they can take everything from a person, and it can be extremely lonely for their partners. Does she realise that?

Honestly, it’s so friggin shallow and naive. All she wants is a lovely cushty life without effort, but it doesn’t work like that. I don’t think she even understands how wealth works, or how most well paid men behave.

I will say now that my partner is extremely well paid; probably the income level Chidera is looking for. Hilariously, I met him when we were both penniless students! He asked to buy me a drink but had no money left so I bought them - imagine Chidera’s reaction to that! 😂 Anyway, he has never taken me on a date to a boujie poser bar, he doesn’t drive a flashy car or wear an expensive watch, he just looks like a totally normal guy. She would probably assume he earns a 10th of what he does by looking at him, because she’s assuming that all well paid men (and women, I guess) live like celebrities or Instagram influencers. The only indication you would get of our finances (I haven’t done too shabbily either, although Covid killed my business 😭) is our house, and even then, it’s not like we live in a mansion, because that’s just not who we are.

I also think it’s actually hilarious she rejected that guy for wanting to go to the pub... does she even realise that many wealthy men will be on the lookout for women who only want their money, so will “test” them by taking them on lowkey, non-glam dates to see if they’re interested in the man and not the bank account?! I genuinely know a man with a LOT of family wealth who did this - hid his inherited wealth from his potential girlfriends because he wanted love and not an opportunist. Not all rich men want a transactional relationship.

• Heart
I have to say
I've got to agree with the point that Aja shouldn't have made it personal. She attacked Slumflower personality and didn't talk about the actual issue: plaigerism. Aja's followers are like attack dogs and she knows this. I think it's irresponsible and down right abusive to make these videos because the result will be Slumflower getting abuse.

Everyone keeps saying Aja received DMs from people asking her to comment on the situation... But there's no proof of this at all??? Aja says this all the time just so she can get involved, there's never any proof. Sending someone a DM isn't abuse either.......
I understand this but I have to say: every comment you’ve made here even before Aja was properly involved was a critique of Aja........ I get that you don’t like her but she was the only voice brave enough to come out against what was horrendous behaviour hurting a lot of people. I wouldn’t just auto assume she’s lying about DMs... she shared loads of stories over Xmas saying she was getting loads of angry messages. She also said on her live she’s friends with all five people Chidera has attacked and I know when my friends are being attacked I feel hurt and want to defend them. I’d be livid if they had all been attacked for 6 weeks.
Yes she went hard on slumflower and got personal but she made one video versus SF launching a six week (SIX WEEKS!) sustained attacks sending 340k to attack people, calling them slurs, r*pists, sharing their private messages and more.

Aja seems close to lots of the people in this situation too so I wouldn’t be surprised if she knows stuff we don’t around BMM and that donation.

I just feel like she went off because that’s the only way you stop a bully - by standing up for yourself and your friends and not backing down.... I dunno. I don’t think Aja is the problem here. Someone had to step in and she was the only Person with the balls to do it.

• Heart

champagnemami99

Chatty Member
SF is saying that Aja owes her an apology.
I feel and have felt so passionately on the subject but i CANNOT read one more microscopic/ overpacked instagram story from her anymore, it deeply disturbs me.
I am just sitting back and waiting for her downfall, I'm not confident this will happen though. Hopefully these 'woke' white feminists will sit down and SF will be old news. I'd love to see her dumb documentary pulled from 4od, apparently, she invented pubic hair and invented accepting saggy boobs, taking #blacklivesmatter to start #saggyboobsmatter, because guys how your tits look is just as important as BLM?! *cough* personal gain *cough*

Guys, her JOB is literally to write and speak on matters yet she has compared Florence to a rapist, calls everyone a white supremacist, 'all white people are racist', said if Florence were to be hospitalized for mental health it would be white power or whatever, said she doesn't care about male suicide, previously attacked black men, has re-directed (encouraged anyway) LARGE ££ funds from Black Minds Matter to her own pocket and much more cash for herself has attacked trans activist Munroe and SO MUCH MORE. When there are NO *ZERO* grounds for plagiarism?!

Aja is right, CHOOSE YOUR LEADERs. We are watching black voices being suppressed, bullied and harrassed by Chidera's army? a charity for Black Mental Health is turning down large donations during this time because of Chideras up-roar? This is happening right now, but wait guys, Chidera is a black woman which apparently means she is never wrong and everyone else is just racist, even if they are black too:LOL:!!

This is doing NOTHING for the collective, only SF bank account and harming other people. It is bullying. It is unfair. It is wrong. It needs to stop now.
It is disgusting and deeply depressing during this time, yeah ok Freedom of Speech etc but please GET THIS GIRL OFF OF THE INTERNET :mad:

• Heart

Crumpet41

VIP Member
It’s a bit crazy that for someone who is shouting about white supremacy. It’s the white woke community supporting her and not the BIPOC community. The very people that she despises are the people whose stories she keeps resharing. It’s all a bit ironic really.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Wagatha

Shall we recap this week in enemies?
Monday: Florence
Tuesday: Aja
Wednesday: Aja again
Thursday: Munroe
Friday: Ash Sarkar

I’m at peak Chidera, she’s a knock off Gallagher brother starting feuds to promote herself.

• Haha

champagnemami99

Chatty Member
She wanted to publicly shame Florence into doing what she says through fear of being called a racist. Just goes to show that Although racism is a huge issue, that doesn't mean all black people are right when they claim someone has been racist. There's this attitude on Instagram that whatever a black person says is the final word and if you disagree then you're racist.

I'm not a fan of Florence but Slumflower is behaving so unhinged that I can't help but be on Florence's side.
Who in the black community/ black women are speaking up for Chidera?

seems to be “woke” white girls wanting to look good on socials
The PayPal stuff really pisses me off

• Heart
I've been following this whole thing pretty closely after doing an essay on it for one of my uni modules and I have to say both FG and CE have been rubbing me up the wrong way, the way both of them have handled this is awful. The overarching problem here is literally just capitalism and corporate feminism. Plus CE's claim that hers was the first book like this - it really isn't, Girl Up by Laura Bates was released in 2016 which is basically the same thing. As well as this, both of them talk about plagiarism as if their ideas aren't just repackaged from bell hooks, Kimberle Crenshaw and a whole bunch of other feminist theorists and academics. I get that making feminism accessible is important but not like this.

CE's comments about male suicide are also totally unacceptable and I will never forget that she said that. Maybe an unpopular opinion especially because I call myself a feminist academic(ish) but patriarchy hurts men and women just the same and women need to start including men in the feminist movement and stop excluding them constantly. On the other hand, men need to stop talking over female experiences constantly but hey, the two come hand in hand.

• Heart