Chidera Eggerue aka The Slumflower

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cant believe so many people have that much money to just give away 😂
It’s beyond gross! People have that much money that they can just absently toss in the direction of the greediest influencer around.

Where is the community support? Where is the support for workers in the pandemic? Where is the support for Black women? Oh yeah..... it’s lining Chidera’s purse and she’s more than happy to keep onto it. Greedy so and so.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
At this point I’m hoping FG’s lawyers actually do hit her with a cease and desist so that she might stfu 😂 she is RELENTLESS. Not to mention delusional

Also it’s stupid because Florence doesn’t keep all £12.99 of every book? She’ll get a similar cut as Chidera did for hers!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
At this point I’m hoping FG’s lawyers actually do hit her with a cease and desist so that she might stfu 😂 she is RELENTLESS. Not to mention delusional

Also it’s stupid because Florence doesn’t keep all £12.99 of every book? She’ll get a similar cut as Chidera did for hers!
Oh my god LOL
I might go and @davidbeckham ask him for a million see if it works x

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Came to see if anyone has posted a screen shot of the sums.... 😂

She’s just making herself look silly at this point. In fact, i might bung her a tenner to shut her up and save her some embarrassment.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I wonder if her PayPal will get stopped because of the payments? They usually get funny by this kind of activity

Reactions: 11
I thought I’d browse twitter and have officially seen the worst take ever. This is the ideas she has white women buying into 😂😭 that Florence given is trying to kill Chidera by selling a book 😭😭😭
More woke white girls preaching regurgitate words and phrases
My god I would pay Munroe to speak up😭😭 someone famous please speak up!!

speaking of money, should send £0.01 so she can put it into her little calculator

• Haha
If you need any further proof of the kind of person that sends Chidera money then look no further than the woman who sent £70.03.

What kind of person sends £70.03? Monster.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Oh my GOD. Chidera has released two books?! She surely knows that is not how publishing / book sales work. She really is making herself look ridiculous.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
God, I better go tell everyone at my uni that they could be sued for plagiarism for writing similar themes and ideas to other people...

• Heart
I thought I’d browse twitter and have officially seen the worst take ever. This is the ideas she has white women buying into 😂😭 that Florence given is trying to kill Chidera by selling a book 😭😭😭
That is a bit dramatic. This is a white woman trying to kill a black woman? Over some feminism concepts? 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

If you need any further proof of the kind of person that sends Chidera money then look no further than the woman who sent £70.03.

What kind of person sends £70.03? Monster.
Why the additional 3p?😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I know this isn't the right place for it but she doesn't have her own thread..... Aja just got gifted a bunch of stuff from lush - lush who donated money to anti-trans groups - and didn't declare the ad properly.

Hypocrite. She boycotted oatly but is fine working with lush????? I'd like to she her explain that one!

Reactions: 11
I know this isn't the right place for it but she doesn't have her own thread..... Aja just got gifted a bunch of stuff from lush - lush who donated money to anti-trans groups - and didn't declare the ad properly.

Hypocrite. She boycotted oatly but is fine working with lush????? I'd like to she her explain that one!
I’m not familiar about the donations, but it looks like she did declare it, both stories have the gifted tag. They don’t have an AD tag because they’re not ads? (if that’s what you meant?)

I wonder if all these people sending £100 to Chidera are going to look back and feel stupid they got pulled in by the guilt.

Reactions: 9
I’m not familiar about the donations, but it looks like she did declare it, both stories have the gifted tag. They don’t have an AD tag because they’re not ads? (if that’s what you meant?)

I wonder if all these people sending £100 to Chidera are going to look back and feel stupid they got pulled in by the guilt.
Probably not coz of reparations you know 🥴..

Reactions: 8
I’ve just read this whole thread trying to understand what the hell is happening.

The whole thing has massively depressed me, to be honest. This is probably going to be controversial but I think fourth wave “feminism” is largely a joke, a bastardization of what intersectionality was supposed to reflect, and I honestly think that almost everything both Chidera and Florence seem to stand for plays directly into the hands of a capitalist patriarchy.

I’m actually shocked Chidera can happily claim she’s a feminist with her lessons in seeking out rich men. Mind boggling.

Overall, I can see how hugely unfair and hurtful it must have been for Chidera to be outsold by Florence. There’s no doubt that our society’s collective, often unconscious racism made Florence more palatable to young girls buying these baby lib fem books. However, I struggle to see where and why Florence is responsible for that herself. Don’t get me wrong, I can’t stand Florence, but until Chidera publicly releases the exact details of what she considers plagiarism in Florence’s book, then I think this is all a lot of hot air. She totally has a right to be angry and frustrated at our racist world, but is it right to scapegoat Florence Given for that specifically? I don’t think so.

I do actually feel for Florence, because my own personal reaction would be to go the legal route, too. I think most people would. And Chidera is right in saying that there is institutionalised racism within the legal system, but what’s the alternative? There is also institutional sexism, and ageism, and classism within our legal system... it’s not a perfect system but no perfect system exists, so are we never supposed to use it?

Anyway, somewhat hilariously, my grandmother was telling me (and every other female) that women don’t owe anyone pretty before these girls were born. I guess I better go Paypal Chidera asap.

Just a question as I cannot see it anywhere: has Chidera actually stated what type of plagiarism she feels Florence is guilty of? I am assuming direct plagiarism, which is the easiest to prove.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Just a question as I cannot see it anywhere: has Chidera actually stated what type of plagiarism she feels Florence is guilty of? I am assuming direct plagiarism, which is the easiest to prove.
I don't know what she's said herself about what exactly has been copied but from the DMs she reposts on her stories (and assuming that reposting means she agrees with what that individual says) it seems FG is "guilty" of copying the general likeness of the book, the paper weight, the graphic design of the book, the page layout, the colours used, the language used, the concepts spoken about, some of the experiences spoken about, the title is copied from a line in Chidera's wattba, a drawing is supposedly a drawn likeness of Chidera.

Of course there is much in the way of evidence to substantiate most of these claims and IDK how you can plagiarise the paper weight of a book but okay

Reactions: 5

They do have to be marked as ad because in the UK gifted items are advertisements whether you got paid or not.

Reactions: 5
I don't know what she's said herself about what exactly has been copied but from the DMs she reposts on her stories (and assuming that reposting means she agrees with what that individual says) it seems FG is "guilty" of copying the general likeness of the book, the paper weight, the graphic design of the book, the page layout, the colours used, the language used, the concepts spoken about, some of the experiences spoken about, the title is copied from a line in Chidera's wattba, a drawing is supposedly a drawn likeness of Chidera.

Of course there is much in the way of evidence to substantiate most of these claims and IDK how you can plagiarise the paper weight of a book but okay
Wow. The word “reaching” comes to mind!

Reactions: 4

I also saw that she was claiming that a picture of her with saggy breasts and generic sunglasses was the same as an illustration of a black woman in her book. Chidera does not have a monopoly on having naturally lower breasts - every woman in the world has that and generic 2000’s eyewear in the same way that Florence doesn’t have monopoly over a mullet, farrah fawcett hair and yellows and browns.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.