Chidera Eggerue aka The Slumflower

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay so a few people from the Florence Given thread wanted a thread on Chidera, hope it is okay that I made one if not go ahead and delete it.

Small and badly done intro
Chidera Eggerue aka The Slumflower made a social media presence that gained mainstream traction in 2017 after her #saggyboobsmatter campaign. In 2018 she released her first book What a Time to be Alone and in 2020 released How to Get Over a Boy.

She has recently accused Florence Given of plagiarism of her works claiming that Florence's "Women Don't Owe You Pretty" is an amalgamation of both of her texts.

Chidera has come under some criticism in the past for her style of feminism being "uncaring of men yet also strangely obsessed with them" and for copying from other black feminists and sex workers.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I saw the post from Aja Barber where she goes after Chidera because of the way she’s acted towards Munroe Bergdorf and did a little cheer. Chidera has been shouting her mouth off as if everyone else has so much protection and privilege but she’s caused harm to people with less privilege than her. She should apologise and compensate Munroe for the hurt she caused her and the danger she put her in.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Lo and behold two of Chidera's more ridiculous posts of late. My fave is "it's racist to expect me to get a lawyer bc lawyers are white". As though there aren't legions of successful, capable and leading black solicitors and barristers out there? This girl has made bank off of her book sales and influencer deals and is continuing to make money from people sending her private donations via PayPal. Not only that, but discrimination claims are automatically eligible for legal aid, so even if she was on a low income, she'd have access to justice. She is absolutely privileged enough to afford a lawyer, she just doesn't want to - probably because deep down she knows she doesn't have a case.

And demanding 70/ 100% of Florence's book profits is beyond insane 😂😂😂 this girl is so laughable it's tragic.

Also, Chidera 100% reads Tattle bc she responded to our point on Florence's thread about bringing a case in court 🙃 hey Chids 👋

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Lo and behold two of Chidera's more ridiculous posts of late. My fave is "it's racist to expect me to get a lawyer bc lawyers are white". As though there aren't legions of successful, capable and leading black solicitors and barristers out there? This girl has made bank off of her book sales and influencer deals and is continuing to make money from people sending her private donations via PayPal. Not only that, but discrimination claims are automatically eligible for legal aid, so even if she was on a low income, she'd have access to justice. She is absolutely privileged enough to afford a lawyer, she just doesn't want to - probably because deep down she knows she doesn't have a case.

And demanding 70/ 100% of Florence's book profits is beyond insane 😂😂😂 this girl is so laughable it's tragic.

Also, Chidera 100% reads Tattle bc she responded to our point on Florence's thread about bringing a case in court 🙃 hey Chids 👋
This is what I don’t get!! Black lawyers exist!! Wtf

• Heart

That’s a lot of words for “I know I’d never win but it’s a personal vendetta now”

How they are not starting to push for harassment and she’s not been issues with a cease and desist yet.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
That’s a lot of words for “I know I’d never win but it’s a personal vendetta now”

How they are not starting to push for harassment and she’s not been issues with a cease and desist yet.
I absolutely cannot wait for the day when Florence and Diving Bell take the plunge and threaten legal action against Chidera. Right now they're scared of being accused of racism if they do that - but I really think that as time goes on more and more influencers are going to weigh in in Florence's favour and public opinion will shift.

I think it's actually pretty spineless of a lot of influencers to have said so little in public support of Florence, other than vaguely alluding that there's more to the story than meets the eye. I know they're all scared of having Chidera come for them, but she's doing that anyway whether or not they speak up. Might as well show some principle.

I at least hope some of the other influencers are messaging Florence to check in on her and support her privately/ emotionally. Unlike Chidera, Florence doesn't make a habit of airing literally all of her DMs publicly unless absolutely necessary, so chances are there's a lot of conversations we aren't seeing.

• Heart
Someone commented asking why she initially supported the book and then withdrew support. Someone replies saying that the quote was about the artwork and not the book, it was used out of context. Then there was the usual abuse telling the person who asked the question to research and stop expecting others to do work for them. In all honesty I liked the slum flower until the rape comment, but it’s true she’s given a few different reasons about why she withdrew support for the book. You can’t call that out without being called racist. It seems she is framing herself as a marginalised and abused black woman when really she is just taking time, support and resource away from marginalised black women. I may be really very wrong here though as she does have loads so support.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Chidera is so quick to tell everyone to do the work but the fact that she endorsed Florence’s book either means she read it and liked it or didn’t read it and was lazy. She should never have put her name to something she hadn’t read cover to cover.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Has anyone seen her on twitter the past day? She’s fighting with about 3 other people now 😂 and apparently sending threats in the DMs 🤦🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Sounds like an actual psychosis to me
It’s disgusting! How are tens of thousands supporting this nonsense?
Race, class and feminism can become sensitive but Chidera is literally mentioning she is a black woman every second message? It’s been weeks why is she still going and getting worse by the day...

worse by the day because she is HARRASSING the wrong people.

Attachments

Reactions: 12
So she’s turned on fellow black influencers for calling out her bullshit, and the only people backing her are white people 😂

She’s mad.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.