Chidera Eggerue aka The Slumflower

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love to see it, tbh.
she was wrong about SF and BMM tho... ok she took the video down but there's no harm in admitting she was wrong but stands by the rest of what she said?

I'm all for living in your truth but sideye people who can't admit when they're wrong

Reactions: 6
she was wrong about SF and BMM tho... ok she took the video down but there's no harm in admitting she was wrong but stands by the rest of what she said?

I'm all for living in your truth but sideye people who can't admit when they're wrong
Ah this is true. But then SF has to demand an apology from others (like Munroe) who also said BMM were harassed / encouraged to deny the donation.

Reactions: 2
I just saw this on twitter from what a time to be alone. Whattttt 😂 I thought someone was joking but it’s apparently real
LMFAOOOOOOOOOO I'M DECEASED man I need to get on this insta author hype train if it's as easy as writing chickens peeing 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Ah this is true. But then SF has to demand an apology from others (like Munroe) who also said BMM were harassed / encouraged to deny the donation.
I had a look at what Munroe said and I don't think she owes an apology at all - she was clear that it was SF's followers that harassed BMM which I don't doubt is true. One look at the comments of DB, Octopus etc. will show that they're a strong army lmao 😬 😬 😬 😬

On the other hand, Aja said that SF demanded that the money from BMM be returned and be redirected to her which is factually incorrect...

Reactions: 4
So my question is, how do you think SF should have played this, given the initial situation, that she believed FG had copied her work?
Privately.

Seriously. First, message Florence to see if a settlement could be informally agreed.

If that doesn't work, put in formal complaints to Diving Bell and Octopus.

If that doesn't work, take the matter to a mediator or some other form of alternative dispute resolution.

If that doesn't work, consult a lawyer to assess the strength of a copyright case, and then issue a letter before action, and then, if a settlement STILL hasn't been agreed by that point, move to formal proceedings in court.

Or even if she did want to go the social media route (say if her case isn't strong enough for court but she still feels racism is at play), she could have spoken up on her platform without aggressively tagging every influencer under the sun, using slurs, demanding ridiculous sums of money, encouraging her fans to harass others, defaming Florence's character and comparing her to a racist, or demanding £££ from randomers online who have nothing to do with the situation.

She could have run this campaign in so much more of a positive way, trying to get people to share her book more widely to go against racist algorithms. She'd still make coin, but she wouldn't have burned all her bridges and made herself into such a (#saggy) tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I had a look at what Munroe said and I don't think she owes an apology at all - she was clear that it was SF's followers that harassed BMM which I don't doubt is true. One look at the comments of DB, Octopus etc. will show that they're a strong army lmao 😬 😬 😬 😬

On the other hand, Aja said that SF demanded that the money from BMM be returned and be redirected to her which is factually incorrect...
In that case I issue my own apology 😆 You’re right they’re not the same.

Reactions: 3

Was she? BMM turned down funds and said those funds should be sent to Chidera instead, to which Chidera resoundingly agreed.

Chidera could have handled this SO much more gracefully by asking Florence to pay her "reparations" towards a Black cause that actually helps the community at large, rather than herself as a well-off private individual with a rather lovely new build flat. But instead greed got the better of her.

The outcome for clients of BMM is the same - i.e. less access to mental healthcare. So I feel like Aja's point was justified. Fine, maybe Chidera didn't tell BMM to turn down the funds, but she definitely should have told them to accept the funds after they released their statement.

But go Chiddy, secure your bag and duck mentally ill Black people who need professional support!

Reactions: 9
Was she? BMM turned down funds and said those funds should be sent to Chidera instead, to which Chidera resoundingly agreed.

Chidera could have handled this SO much more gracefully by asking Florence to pay her "reparations" towards a Black cause that actually helps the community at large, rather than herself as a well-off private individual with a rather lovely new build flat. But instead greed got the better of her.

The outcome for clients of BMM is the same - i.e. less access to mental healthcare. So I feel like Aja's point was justified. Fine, maybe Chidera didn't tell BMM to turn down the funds, but she definitely should have told them to accept the funds after they released their statement.

But go Chiddy, secure your bag and duck mentally ill Black people who need professional support!
Doesn’t the charity hold a responsibility here as well? There main focus is to support black people in their mental health struggles.
By making a large song and dance about how they cannot accept florences donation given that there were no facts and thoughts shared - only Chidera’s warped perception of what happened. How can they come out and say they have a backlog of cases but directly say - give Chidera money? I can’t support them for that.

Florence’s donation is hardly an immoral source - she’s clearly been shown to be a black ally and supportive toward many black causes.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Love to see it, tbh.
Aja attacked Slumflower personally and she said things that weren't true. She should apologise for that because she obiously knwos it's wrong because she took those videos down but Aja cannot accept when she's wrong.

Giving bck the energy someone give you might feel good and justified but it's not hte bigger thing to do and it's questionable when it adds fuel to the fire of drama online. But again like I keep saying AJA LOVES DRAMA. She's a tit stirrer. Just say "I don't agree with any of this bullshit and I don't want to talk about it." instead she goes on to tell her 200k followers how awful SLumflower is as a person which inevitably means those followers will go and attack SF.

Ecatly!

Reactions: 2
Agreed Aja should admit she was wrong about a couple things.

especially because one of the issues that people find with SF throughout this issue is that she just says stuff that doesn’t necessarily have any backing or evidence behind it (such as the buying ad space thing). We don’t need that with every single person in the debate.

we need to get this away from this being a situation where anyone can say any defaming thing without it being checked and that then gets taken as truth by followers who won’t then double check for themselves or who aren’t critical of any bit of info they receive.

If a news paper prints something wrong and they have to issue a correction that appears at the bottom of an article, chances are people won’t go and see the correction. They’ll take what they first read as truth unless it’s made very apparent to them the inaccuracies.

Imo anyone involved with this situation now (Chidera, FG, Munroe, Aja etc etc) needs to be brief with the info they give, and only say what they know to be absolutely true to the very best of their knowledge and not be reaching or making assumptions.

there’s been too much on Chideras end for example with stories FULL of text with a mix of fact and opinion. We just need the facts.

I have to say
I've got to agree with the point that Aja shouldn't have made it personal. She attacked Slumflower personality and didn't talk about the actual issue: plaigerism. Aja's followers are like attack dogs and she knows this. I think it's irresponsible and down right abusive to make these videos because the result will be Slumflower getting abuse.

Everyone keeps saying Aja received DMs from people asking her to comment on the situation... But there's no proof of this at all??? Aja says this all the time just so she can get involved, there's never any proof. Sending someone a DM isn't abuse either.......
I understand this but I have to say: every comment you’ve made here even before Aja was properly involved was a critique of Aja........ I get that you don’t like her but she was the only voice brave enough to come out against what was horrendous behaviour hurting a lot of people. I wouldn’t just auto assume she’s lying about DMs... she shared loads of stories over Xmas saying she was getting loads of angry messages. She also said on her live she’s friends with all five people Chidera has attacked and I know when my friends are being attacked I feel hurt and want to defend them. I’d be livid if they had all been attacked for 6 weeks.
Yes she went hard on slumflower and got personal but she made one video versus SF launching a six week (SIX WEEKS!) sustained attacks sending 340k to attack people, calling them slurs, r*pists, sharing their private messages and more.

Aja seems close to lots of the people in this situation too so I wouldn’t be surprised if she knows stuff we don’t around BMM and that donation.

I just feel like she went off because that’s the only way you stop a bully - by standing up for yourself and your friends and not backing down.... I dunno. I don’t think Aja is the problem here. Someone had to step in and she was the only Person with the balls to do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Agreed Aja should admit she was wrong about a couple things.

especially because one of the issues that people find with SF throughout this issue is that she just says stuff that doesn’t necessarily have any backing or evidence behind it (such as the buying ad space thing). We don’t need that with every single person in the debate.

we need to get this away from this being a situation where anyone can say any defaming thing without it being checked and that then gets taken as truth by followers who won’t then double check for themselves or who aren’t critical of any bit of info they receive.

Imo anyone involved with this situation now (Chidera, FG, Munroe, Aja etc etc) needs to be brief with the info they give, and only say what they know to be absolutely true to the very best of their knowledge and not be reaching or making assumptions.

there’s been too much on Chideras end for example with stories FULL of text with a mix of fact and opinion. We just need the facts.
Your post is spot on particularly about fact checking. Aja literally popped off about white women for not thinking critically (why only ww though since lots of people were jumping on the fake news) and then goes and says stuff that isn't true because she watched someone else's stories. MAJOR EYEROLL.

Anyone who "didn't want to publicly say anything" should keep their response short then. No need to stir the pot.

I understand this but I have to say: every comment you’ve made here even before Aja was properly involved was a critique of Aja........ I get that you don’t like her but she was the only voice brave enough to come out against what was horrendous behaviour hurting a lot of people.
I dislike Aja because, after following her account for years, I've seen her double standards and lack of fact checking and general nastiness at people who disagree with her. She literally uses her folowers as attack dogs to go after people she doesn't like. with 200k followers come respoinsibiliy and I don't think publicly tearing people down is a good example of how to handle important issues.

I don't see how it's brave to say something, which involves circulating lies, by attacking someone personally. SF has behaved awfully and hurt a lot of people but that doesn't justify publicly lying about her and dragging her. just say "I don't want to discuss this, I stand with Florence, this person is toxic" or whatever and leave it at that. Aja doesn't need to stir the pot.

Reactions: 4
Giving bck the energy someone give you might feel good and justified but it's not hte bigger thing to do and it's questionable when it adds fuel to the fire of drama online.
I guess I don’t see why Aja needs to be the bigger person. She (and many others) tried that for weeks. I’m not saying it’s role model behaviour by any means, but all the same I understand it.
Would it be the right thing to do for them to rise above it? Sure. Is it realistic and do I expect it of anybody? Not really.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Maybe Aja needs her own thread lool
100% cause I didn’t know who she was before she was mentioned in this thread.

AND I think it’s a shame she’s just someone who released a video in my opinion 🙃
So I would like more context (Opinions) about her.

Maybe Aja needs her own thread lool
😅 If it’s not obvious I’m an Aja fan so I don’t know how to feel about this suggestion 😆

Also is SF solar powered? She must be on a different body clock staying up every night posting on stories.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Also is SF solar powered? She must be on a different body clock staying up every night posting on stories.
When I feel I have been wronged or cheated, when I am stressed, I ruminate (badly) and don't eat or sleep. My mind whirrs on all night long and doesn't switch off.

this is a small thing that gets me - she’s clearly on some kind of teenager summer holiday hours where she’s up all night staring at a screen in the dark, and sleeps half the day. I would be too, if I didn’t have an actual job to log to at 9am and work to do!

feels like it’s very obvious she’s out of ideas and has nothing marketable. She’s on 16 hour social media shifts writing up blocks of tiny text and calling other Black women racial slurs, just go write a better book! Set up a merchandise line! Write an article with sources on what you feel is at play and has happened! Because I promise if she had something coming out, she’d be pushing it.

I’ll be interested to see what she does once the gravy train of white guilt grinds to a halt.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
😅 If it’s not obvious I’m an Aja fan so I don’t know how to feel about this suggestion 😆

I am kinda neutral towards Aja and personally feel she's been fine in this SF/ FG thing, I've agreed with everything she's said and think Chidera is trying to twist every last tiny fragment of a sentence that comes out of her mouth. But I know others don't like Aja's behaviour in this dispute and snarkvark really dislikes her 😂 which is their right! Sounds like there's more to it historically so thought another thread might be appropriate?

And lmao apparently (according to earlier posts on this thread) she stays up bare late posting stories all night then gets up really late and wake n bakes and goes in for some more. Must be nice, hope people feel good that that's what they're bankrolling!

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.