Chidera Eggerue aka The Slumflower

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loud bossy gross, after a period of notable silence on this topic having been called out, is now back to posting in support of SF. How long til she also starts demanding rEpArAtIoNs for her wOrK all over again!!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Loud bossy gross, after a period of notable silence on this topic having been called out, is now back to posting in support of SF. How long til she also starts demanding rEpArAtIoNs for her wOrK all over again!!
I’m sure she used to have a ‘support Chidera’ highlight on her Instagram that is now gone

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Lmaooo her bio
She's a tit stirrer that LOVES drama so I'm not surprised to see she's updated get bio with this 🙄🙄🙄

As much as I think Slumflower had lost her actual mind and said and did a lot of stuff that was aggressively toxic... I'm starting to feel like it's now a social media pile-on onto her with the intention of ~cancelling~ her. It's toxic AF in all directions.

You might not have any sympathy and think she deserves it because of how she behaved towards Florence but doing the same back to Slumflower is just as shiitty.

Everyone needs to stop fanning the flames of this. It's going to result in some serious mental health issues. All of these women are full grown adults and they're allacting like children fighting in the playground except the consequences are so much worse

Reactions: 12
She's a tit stirrer that LOVES drama so I'm not surprised to see she's updated get bio with this 🙄🙄🙄

As much as I think Slumflower had lost her actual mind and said and did a lot of stuff that was aggressively toxic... I'm starting to feel like it's now a social media pile-on onto her with the intention of ~cancelling~ her. It's toxic AF in all directions.

You might not have any sympathy and think she deserves it because of how she behaved towards Florence but doing the same back to Slumflower is just as shiitty.

Everyone needs to stop fanning the flames of this. It's going to result in some serious mental health issues. All of these women are full grown adults and they're allacting like children fighting in the playground except the consequences are so much worse
100% agree. Very much like poking a bear (SF) with a stick.

That said, I don't think Munroe's thread can be included among this. It was measured, fair and outlined her position. AFAIK, she engaged with a few comments and then left it at that.

Granted we all love a bit of drama and to make a snide comments but when one has 00s of followers, it's too much.
That goes for SF too.

Reactions: 14
I have a little sympathy but... to keep with the bear metaphor, SF was poking multiple bears for weeks on end, and surprise, they just happened to all get fed up of it at the same time (although I do think that once one person decided they were really going to say something it just snowballed).

I like Aja and I find it hard to blame any of them when they’ve had SF harassing them and essentially encouraging on her supporters to harass them as well (Aja mentioned she was getting messages about this at Christmas).
They all tried for a long time to not get involved but they kept getting poked.

Like I said, I do have sympathy for SF, just not a lot.

Reactions: 14
I have a little sympathy but... to keep with the bear metaphor, SF was poking multiple bears for weeks on end, and surprise, they just happened to all get fed up of it at the same time (although I do think that once one person decided they were really going to say something it just snowballed).

I like Aja and I find it hard to blame any of them when they’ve had SF harassing them and essentially encouraging on her supporters to harass them as well (Aja mentioned she was getting messages about this at Christmas).
They all tried for a long time to not get involved but they kept getting poked.

Like I said, I do have sympathy for SF, just not a lot.
Very true!!!

Tbh I don't know if I have any sympathy for SF tbh... I'm indifferent to her but I find the situation uncomfortable to watch (if that makes sense).

I also think there's a difference between saying your piece after being poked and leaving it (as Munroe did) and engaging repeatedly for shits and giggles - I think that verges on the pile on thing.

Alsos feel for FG who I'd never heard of before this whole thing happened. Being dragged online seems exhausting.

This whole situation seems exhausting... but I'm hooked lol

Clearly very ambivalent about ti all

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
SF is saying that Aja owes her an apology.
I feel and have felt so passionately on the subject but i CANNOT read one more microscopic/ overpacked instagram story from her anymore, it deeply disturbs me.
I am just sitting back and waiting for her downfall, I'm not confident this will happen though. Hopefully these 'woke' white feminists will sit down and SF will be old news. I'd love to see her dumb documentary pulled from 4od, apparently, she invented pubic hair and invented accepting saggy boobs, taking #blacklivesmatter to start #saggyboobsmatter, because guys how your tits look is just as important as BLM?! *cough* personal gain *cough*

Guys, her JOB is literally to write and speak on matters yet she has compared Florence to a rapist, calls everyone a white supremacist, 'all white people are racist', said if Florence were to be hospitalized for mental health it would be white power or whatever, said she doesn't care about male suicide, previously attacked black men, has re-directed (encouraged anyway) LARGE ££ funds from Black Minds Matter to her own pocket and much more cash for herself has attacked trans activist Munroe and SO MUCH MORE. When there are NO *ZERO* grounds for plagiarism?!

Aja is right, CHOOSE YOUR LEADERs. We are watching black voices being suppressed, bullied and harrassed by Chidera's army? a charity for Black Mental Health is turning down large donations during this time because of Chideras up-roar? This is happening right now, but wait guys, Chidera is a black woman which apparently means she is never wrong and everyone else is just racist, even if they are black too:LOL:!!

This is doing NOTHING for the collective, only SF bank account and harming other people. It is bullying. It is unfair. It is wrong. It needs to stop now.
It is disgusting and deeply depressing during this time, yeah ok Freedom of Speech etc but please GET THIS GIRL OFF OF THE INTERNET :mad:

• Heart
Reactions: 21
SF is saying that Aja owes her an apology.
I've got to agree with the point that Aja shouldn't have made it personal. She attacked Slumflower personality and didn't talk about the actual issue: plaigerism. Aja's followers are like attack dogs and she knows this. I think it's irresponsible and down right abusive to make these videos because the result will be Slumflower getting abuse.

Everyone keeps saying Aja received DMs from people asking her to comment on the situation... But there's no proof of this at all??? Aja says this all the time just so she can get involved, there's never any proof. Sending someone a DM isn't abuse either.......

Reactions: 10
Freedom of Speech etc but please GET THIS GIRL OFF OF THE INTERNET :mad:
I read a tweet the other day that said ‘just because everyone has the right to free speech doesn’t mean that everyone has the right to a platform’ and I feel like that really applies to her.

She has rampantly compared Florence to a rapist this morning in 4 or 5 stories, and all the people sending messages to her or tagging her in stories are just desperate for her approval so they can feel like they’re anti-racist.

Chidera is going to need a pretty big pair of pants for the huge arse she has made of herself

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I've got to agree with the point that Aja shouldn't have made it personal. She attacked Slumflower personality and didn't talk about the actual issue: plaigerism. Aja's followers are like attack dogs and she knows this. I think it's irresponsible and down right abusive to make these videos because the result will be Slumflower getting abuse.

Everyone keeps saying Aja received DMs from people asking her to comment on the situation... But there's no proof of this at all??? Aja says this all the time just so she can get involved, there's never any proof. Sending someone a DM isn't abuse either.......
I agree Aja should not have made it personal (as I said in my other comment, I also find it hard to blame any of them for getting sick of it and talking back to SF).
I don’t think Aja needs to provide proof she’s been sent DMs although she did share a screen shot of one, and from what multiple people involved and being pressured to speak out have said, they made clear the nature of the DMs was harassing and using inappropriate language.
With all the sucking up, indignant DMs SF has shared is it really so hard to believe these same people would be sending aggressive DMs to Aja, Munroe, Gina, etc.

At what point will Florence push some kind of legal action, because I don’t see SF stopping any time soon. It’s all a bit exhausting and I’m not even involved 😆

Attachments

Reactions: 5

I don’t think anyone is cancelling SF - if anything she is busy cancelling herself. It would be in her best interest to actually take a step back and let some of the heat die down. She is also really not doing herself any favours by not letting this lie and continually accepting financial reparations and resharing stories from head white people who are just adding fuel to the flames.

With regards to Aja/Munroe/Stephanie etc - all have tried their best to keep out of this mess yet SF continually keeps bringing them back into this mess though continually tagging them and now demanding that Aja issue her with a full public apology for the video. As to why Aja posted the video is anyone’s guess - maybe she wanted people to see the video so as they could see both sides of the story and come to their own conclusions.

It has now turned into a war between two camps - the SF camp & everyone else . I 100% agree that people need to stop fanning the flames but ultimately this lies with SF who WILL NOT let this lie. By walking away and not posting for a while it would die down as people would stop discussing the situation.

The SF has built a rod for her own back in this situation through attacking members of her own community publicly and very repeatedly as well as directing all her venom towards FG when it should have been directed at other parties. Plus calling Munroe a c**n is despicable yet she has failed to acknowledge how hurtful this probably was to Munroe and has chosen to not publically apologise. I saw the screenshots between Munroe and Chidera which alludes to Munroe being supportive of Chidera - but we don’t know what happened in the aftermath.

The messages were sent in July and Munroe was called a c word in August ( assuming the month is correct on Munroe’s tweets ) so it stands to reason something else happened in the meantime that perhaps Munroe didn’t agree with and said as much which pissed off Chidera. I would also speculate that Chidera hasn’t apologised in private either because Munroe has seen fit to tell people publically. I cannot imagine this would have been made public by Munroe because as I said earlier - the black community have until the last week remained very tight lipped in the hope this will all die down. Not one of them has said they want to see Chidera cancelled and I believe this to be true. I also believe that if this does happen then it will be the result of her own actions.
ETA - it’s also pretty apparent that Chidera is now on the defence so is attacking all and sundry.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I just saw this on twitter from what a time to be alone. Whattttt 😂 I thought someone was joking but it’s apparently real
This stuff is truly bleeping revolutionary, who can blame FG for copying this.

Seriously.... WHO SIGNED THIS OFF??? Who read this and thought, "yeah let's print it!!!". Also, it's ableist to assume everyone can pee.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
So I've been following this story from the beginning bc was pretty interested to see how it plays out. I haven't read either book, but I flicked through wattba in Urban Outfitters once and it looked like all the other girl power coffee table books that they had on that display. I really don't see how so many people can agree that this is a case of plagiarism. Like just based on the argument she's making about the cover art - so many people are propping her up ab this but she doesn't have a monopoly on yellow and pink???

But anyways, I'm just posting cz I have a question for the BW in the thread.

I have been in situations where I have been vilified or gaslit by predominantly white groups - and I think that's mostly why I've been keeping up with this drama. It's never gone anything like this, because I just kept quiet and moved on, or left jobs/friendship groups. (I would never publicly bully anyone, like SF has done. And she's also giving me major narcissist vibes with her whole handling of the situation.)

So my question is, how do you think SF should have played this, given the initial situation, that she believed FG had copied her work?

And also, if you were in her place, what would you want your close friends and support system to be doing and saying to you now? - bc I really think i would want friends who could tell me to breathe and step away from the situation for now, and to push me to try and deal with it privately.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So I've been following this story from the beginning bc was pretty interested to see how it plays out. I haven't read either book, but I flicked through wattba in Urban Outfitters once and it looked like all the other girl power coffee table books that they had on that display. I really don't see how so many people can agree that this is a case of plagiarism. Like just based on the argument she's making about the cover art - so many people are propping her up ab this but she doesn't have a monopoly on yellow and pink???

But anyways, I'm just posting cz I have a question for the BW in the thread.

I have been in situations where I have been vilified or gaslit by predominantly white groups - and I think that's mostly why I've been keeping up with this drama. It's never gone anything like this, because I just kept quiet and moved on, or left jobs/friendship groups. (I would never publicly bully anyone, like SF has done. And she's also giving me major narcissist vibes with her whole handling of the situation.)

So my question is, how do you think SF should have played this, given the initial situation, that she believed FG had copied her work?

And also, if you were in her place, what would you want your close friends and support system to be doing and saying to you now? - bc I really think i would want friends who could tell me to breathe and step away from the situation for now, and to push me to try and deal with it privately.
I'd have got legal advice and then followed up with legal action if advised that I had a case.

If told I didn't have a case, I'd release a statement saying what I thought - pinning it everywhere: ig, twitter etc, and then move on but remain bitter haha

As frustrating as it is - like you I've been vilified and gaslit by others but I've kept it moving and never made a scene on social media (I've made a few comments but in a very matter of fact way)

I saw a post the other day about someone who'd essentially been fucked over by her business partner. She made a long statement outlining what happened and left it at that. The business partner completely ignored it and carried on as if nothing was said and the OP hasn't said anything further.

RE SF's friends... from what I can see, one of them has publicly spoken out in support of her a couple of times. But she's not doing it all day everyday. They probably have told her to take a break (early on at least) but I can see that being ignored tbh

• Heart
Reactions: 7
This stuff is truly bleeping revolutionary, who can blame FG for copying this.

Seriously.... WHO SIGNED THIS OFF??? Who read this and thought, "yeah let's print it!!!". Also, it's ableist to assume everyone can pee.
Absolutely this. Chidera has currently shown that she is ableist, she has enabled transphobia, she’s thrown around ageist insults and she’s very publically slandered a woman and justified it because that woman is white and she’s black.

Sorry Chidera but you don’t stand for equality. You stand for hate.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.