Chateau Diaries #73 The shake, rattle and blowing radiators in the Shittoo.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He moved to Thailand and got a girlfriend.
Although, the theory of him getting rejected for a carte de séjour seems more plausible. Yet odd, if the Pathetick clan can get one, why can't Rien? 🧐 🧐 🧐
The Petherick clan must have played with their "Companies" ' legal status in France.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
The Marquis Fiancee here:

The Marquis observes Shabbat in the Reform way. At sundown on Fridays, the family attends what they call Kabbalat Shabbat, a service that welcomes Shabbat. The candles are lit, they sing songs and recite a lot of prayers, hear a sermon, and end with kiddush--they share wine and break bread (the challah). They go home and eat dinner prepared and served by their domestic staff. Many observant Jewish families who don't have domestic staff prepare the food in advance but employ or seek the help of what they call a Shabbat goy (Shabbat Gentile) to help serve dinner and clean up after the meal. I read that Elvis Presley was a Shabbat goy to a Jewish family in Memphis. On Saturday morning, when in the city, the family stays at home and does whatever fills them. They read a nice book/magazine, take a nap, cuddle on the couch and watch Netflix (like now, he is watching the final episode of The Crown). (Some Saturday mornings, they/we get invited to a Bar/Bat Mitzvah ceremony at the synagogue usually followed by a lunch party.) We go for an early afternoon stroll (1 kilometer), and have afternoon tea at our favorite tea shop, which is fortunately just around the corner from his parents' townhouse. We go home and rest some more, have dinner, and they do Havdalah, right after dinner, a ceremony of separation between the holy and the secular signaling the end of Shabbat.

The idea is, to take a 24-hour break from activities that empty you and do things that fill you. It's very healthy.
Thank you for sharing this! I loved hearing about Sabbat. I'm of a protestant Christian faith and have found within parts of my faith group there is more teaching about returning to a proper Sabbath, the 24 hours off from it all, so much like you described! I'm VERY attracted to doing this, and believe it is super healthy, and frankly how God created us to work at our best. It is a challenge to do it alone, though! It is easiest in community of like minded people. It is part of my faiths Judo-Christian background that we let go off, and it really really regrettable.

Did Steph say she was going to London this week (in her flat) ?

The 2 lads are in UK too.

Would a summit meeting be possible ?

BTW : Where is PhiPhi now ? Lalande ? Amsterdan ? or London ?
there are a lot of them in the UK right now!

SJ mentioned in her Patreon that next week she will do a live Q&A from London (we assume with Fifi)
Anne Marie & Dan
Cat returned there
I think Russian Maria went back there ...
Emilio recently returned
Maria of the dead flowers

And probably more ... bet they have a party in SJ's flat?

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I think the internet she's afraid of is US! I remember she was particularly upset with us over that Bridgerton dress....
She will get by, I have a feeling her modus operandi is one of whining and sympathy. The evil naysayers will of course try and bring them down- but they will battle on. Brave wee soldiers.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Although, the theory of him getting rejected for a carte de séjour seems more plausible. Yet odd, if the Pathetick clan can get one, why can't Rien? 🧐 🧐 🧐
Maybe the Pathetics managed to apply for o e in time while Rien couldn't be bothered?

I haven't watched him for some time now, but when he first went to Thailand he talked about Dawney helping him get is permissions/paper work in order to get there ... so me thinks they have had an online relationship or connection of some sort for months before he went ... not like he didn't know her at all before he went.

The Marquis family belongs to one of the largest Reform synagogues in Manhattan that count a lot of prominent NY Jews among its numbers. Reform Jews are liberal/progressive. They believe that Judaism is an evolving faith and emphasize the ethical/moral teachings of Judaism over ceremonial observance. They believe that it is in the heart and not the blood--so for them being a Jew is not a race, it is a choice. They believe it is the calling of every person to Tikkun Olam (repair the world) and fight against all forms of injustice. That said, even though finding Jewish partners is preferred, their synagogue is very welcoming to interfaith couples; they even have a ministry that aims for the full inclusion of Jews of color into all branches of Judaism. His family embodies the teachings of their community and therefore, has been very warm and kind to me in the most sincere way from the first day I met them. They don't tell me to convert.

The Marquis observes Shabbat in the Reform way. At sundown on Fridays, the family attends what they call Kabbalat Shabbat, a service that welcomes Shabbat. The candles are lit, they sing songs and recite a lot of prayers, hear a sermon, and end with kiddush--they share wine and break bread (the challah). They go home and eat dinner prepared and served by their domestic staff. Many observant Jewish families who don't have domestic staff prepare the food in advance but employ or seek the help of what they call a Shabbat goy (Shabbat Gentile) to help serve dinner and clean up after the meal. I read that Elvis Presley was a Shabbat goy to a Jewish family in Memphis. On Saturday morning, when in the city, the family stays at home and does whatever fills them. They read a nice book/magazine, take a nap, cuddle on the couch and watch Netflix (like now, he is watching the final episode of The Crown). (Some Saturday mornings, they/we get invited to a Bar/Bat Mitzvah ceremony at the synagogue usually followed by a lunch party.) We go for an early afternoon stroll (1 kilometer), and have afternoon tea at our favorite tea shop, which is fortunately just around the corner from his parents' townhouse. We go home and rest some more, have dinner, and they do Havdalah, right after dinner, a ceremony of separation between the holy and the secular signaling the end of Shabbat.

The idea is, to take a 24-hour break from activities that empty you and do things that fill you. It's very healthy.
Interesting post! Thank you for explaining everything. Are the services conducted in Hebrew or in a mixture of Hebrew and English? Just wondering whether the Marquis knows any Hebrew ...

I notice you've used the term 'goy' in your post ... is that not considered derogatory?

Anyway, I'm pleased to see you've been readily accepted into the community.

They go home and eat dinner prepared and served by their domestic staff. Many observant Jewish families employ or seek the help of what they call a Shabbat goy (Shabbat Gentile) to help serve dinner and clean up after the meal. They read a nice book/magazine, take a nap, cuddle on the couch and watch Netflix.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now that sounds like a religion i can embrace ! Netflix and chill whilst someone else prepares dinner and cleans up!! 😘 (Buddhism was abandoned upon learning that animals could not make it to Nirvana).

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Watch out for the Danmaury fans on here! They may bite! 😁
I object!
I admit to liking Dan's Vlogs .Amaury seems a grounded sort and also very likeable and self deprecating he isn't after anything from the Vlogs.

I objected to nasty (in my opinion) speculation re Dan and family. Anything else is fair play as we discuss the vlogs.

I also object because I don't bite- well not in public anyway ;)🤣

Sending Jetje 💕 and 💋 for those that need them.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Ryan mentioned in one of his flogs that he was having difficulty getting a carte de séjour ... perhaps his income is insufficient or he hasn't declared it to the tax authorities ...

Reactions: 8
I object!
I admit to liking Dan's Vlogs .Amaury seems a grounded sort and also very likeable and self deprecating he isn't after anything from the Vlogs.

I objected to nasty (in my opinion) speculation re Dan and family. Anything else is fair play as we discuss the vlogs.

I also object because I don't bite- well not in public anyway ;)🤣

Sending Jetje 💕 and 💋 for those that need them.
Thank you, Gibson! I completely agree! I have critiqued Dan when I see things I disagree with. And if Amaury does wishy washy things I'm sure not going to shy away from talking about them.

I don't see asking for some "receipts" when it comes to making speculations/suggestions as "biting". Like some how we're supposed to be shamed for asking for some sort of proof.

I too enjoy Dan's vlogs. And I love his woman and his kids .... probably more than I like any of the other characters around the Chateau family! Like Amaury, Annalise is vlogging gold. The more I see Amaury, I think him and Annalise are very similar people/personalities.

The speculation about what Dan might be doing at the chateau without Annalise there ... if that would prove to have any truth to it, I would be team Annalise all the way and yeah, I'd be mighty upset for her, unless it comes out that they have an open relationship and she's agreed to that type of thing .... though I don't get that vibe from them, but I could be really wrong.

We see minutes of these peoples' lives in the vlogs ... so yeah, we don't have a clue what happens in the rest of their minutes and days.

And they are allowed to talk,film and drive;)
:::eye roll::: you're really reaching!!

So you never talk when you drive?

Where I live a passenger can use a camera and video, it's just the driver that can't.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Maybe the Pathetics managed to apply for o e in time while Rien couldn't be bothered?
I guess Biffy had to sort one out for Michael then...

I haven't watched him for some time now, but when he first went to Thailand he talked about Dawney helping him get is permissions/paper work in order to get there ... so me thinks they have had an online relationship or connection of some sort for months before he went ... not like he didn't know her at all before he went.
I would find this likely, but there was that (girl)friend, who travelled with Rien, to that quiant village, before he went to Thailand. - I was going to rant, but I'll keep it for now. I'll just say their whole relationship, makes me a bit wary and uncomfortable. I may post my rant, I just need to research a few things first...

Ryan mentioned in one of his flogs that he was having difficulty getting a carte de séjour ... perhaps his income is insufficient or he hasn't declared it to the tax authorities ...
Then what about his parents and Uncle Lee... 🧐 *goes to Aunty Ohm channel*
Did Uncle Lee kick him out? 🤔

Reactions: 13
Thank you, Gibson! I completely agree! I have critiqued Dan when I see things I disagree with. And if Amaury does wishy washy things I'm sure not going to shy away from talking about them.

I don't see asking for some "receipts" when it comes to making speculations/suggestions as "biting". Like some how we're supposed to be shamed for asking for some sort of proof.

I too enjoy Dan's vlogs. And I love his woman and his kids .... probably more than I like any of the other characters around the Chateau family! Like Amaury, Annalise is vlogging gold. The more I see Amaury, I think him and Annalise are very similar people/personalities.

The speculation about what Dan might be doing at the chateau without Annalise there ... if that would prove to have any truth to it, I would be team Annalise all the way and yeah, I'd be mighty upset for her, unless it comes out that they have an open relationship and she's agreed to that type of thing .... though I don't get that vibe from them, but I could be really wrong.

We see minutes of these peoples' lives in the vlogs ... so yeah, we don't have a clue what happens in the rest of their minutes and days.

Where I live a passenger can use a camera and video, it's just the driver that can't.
There are quite a few things I could disagree with on Dan's vlogs, but as he says himself these aren't a 'how to do it!' vlog. I can't argue with that one! He does accomplish a fair bit which I think is quite worthy and I see it as doing something for his family.

Same with Amaury. I wasn't so keen on the fact that they didn't push Steph enough regarding those posts. A lot of hard work went into supporting her wishes and Davey's plan, when we know they will buckle. Timber should have been weathered and there are ways of sinking posts and ensuring they don't rot rather than the system they used. I suspect that alternatives were offered but ignored. He is a skilled carpenter and I look forward to future vlogs- if we see some finished work, when he isn't pulled off one job to start another.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

I meant they are allowed to do so while Marie was criticised for doing so;)

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.