Chateau Diaries #73 The shake, rattle and blowing radiators in the Shittoo.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Renting out bnb rooms won't be that profitable.I guess that's why they're pushing their patreon account so much
You have to admit…SJ’s got a pretty good racket going. Don’t get me wrong… It’s disgusting, but lucrative! And, she’s not even the smartest person…just imagine the grifting that could be had on Patreon if you combined brains with total lack of conscience and morals!

Reactions: 23
Hope this is OK to share. As you probably realised I am based in the NW UK. My big brother has lived and worked in the USA for most of the past 30+ years. He has Multiple Sclerosis and recently he has had a really bad attack. This has been difficult for me but more so for my elderly parents as they felt helpless when they wanted to be there to help him. Eternally grateful to my brother's ex wife and my niece who have looked after him. He was in a wheelchair, pretty much completely immobile and having to wear adult diapers as he couldn't get himself to the loo. Today he has sent me a pic of himself standing with a walking stick. The caption says "walking again!". I am overjoyed. So happy I could cry. Whenever I get stressed over stupid, trivial things I am going to click on this picture. ❤
Bawling but beyond thrilled for you all 😈
Mojo

• Heart
Reactions: 27
The Marquis Fiancee here:

The Marquis family belongs to one of the largest Reform synagogues in Manhattan that count a lot of prominent NY Jews among its numbers. Reform Jews are liberal/progressive. They believe that Judaism is an evolving faith and emphasize the ethical/moral teachings of Judaism over ceremonial observance. They believe that it is in the heart and not the blood--so for them being a Jew is not a race, it is a choice. They believe it is the calling of every person to Tikkun Olam (repair the world) and fight against all forms of injustice. That said, even though finding Jewish partners is preferred, their synagogue is very welcoming to interfaith couples; they even have a ministry that aims for the full inclusion of Jews of color into all branches of Judaism. His family embodies the teachings of their community and therefore, has been very warm and kind to me in the most sincere way from the first day I met them. They don't tell me to convert.

The Marquis observes Shabbat in the Reform way. At sundown on Fridays, the family attends what they call Kabbalat Shabbat, a service that welcomes Shabbat. The candles are lit, they sing songs and recite a lot of prayers, hear a sermon, and end with kiddush--they share wine and break bread (the challah). They go home and eat dinner prepared and served by their domestic staff. Many observant Jewish families who don't have domestic staff prepare the food in advance but employ or seek the help of what they call a Shabbat goy (Shabbat Gentile) to help serve dinner and clean up after the meal. I read that Elvis Presley was a Shabbat goy to a Jewish family in Memphis. On Saturday morning, when in the city, the family stays at home and does whatever fills them. They read a nice book/magazine, take a nap, cuddle on the couch and watch Netflix (like now, he is watching the final episode of The Crown). (Some Saturday mornings, they/we get invited to a Bar/Bat Mitzvah ceremony at the synagogue usually followed by a lunch party.) We go for an early afternoon stroll (1 kilometer), and have afternoon tea at our favorite tea shop, which is fortunately just around the corner from his parents' townhouse. We go home and rest some more, have dinner, and they do Havdalah, right after dinner, a ceremony of separation between the holy and the secular signaling the end of Shabbat.

The idea is, to take a 24-hour break from activities that empty you and do things that fill you. It's very healthy.
Thank you for sharing this. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has always found it very heart warming, comforting and reassuring that our lovely Marquis always retires from social media for Shabbat. X

Bawling but beyond thrilled for you all 😈
Mojo
Thank you sweetheart! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 25

The Marquis family belongs to one of the largest Reform synagogues in Manhattan that count a lot of prominent NY Jews among its numbers. Reform Jews are liberal/progressive. They believe that Judaism is an evolving faith and emphasize the ethical/moral teachings of Judaism over ceremonial observance. They believe that it is in the heart and not the blood--so for them being a Jew is not a race, it is a choice. They believe it is the calling of every person to Tikkun Olam (repair the world) and fight against all forms of injustice. That said, even though finding Jewish partners is preferred, their synagogue is very welcoming to interfaith couples; they even have a ministry that aims for the full inclusion of Jews of color into all branches of Judaism. His family embodies the teachings of their community and therefore, has been very warm and kind to me in the most sincere way from the first day I met them. They don't tell me to convert.

The Marquis observes Shabbat in the Reform way. At sundown on Fridays, the family attends what they call Kabbalat Shabbat, a service that welcomes Shabbat. The candles are lit, they sing songs and recite a lot of prayers, hear a sermon, and end with kiddush--they share wine and break bread (the challah). They go home and eat dinner prepared and served by their domestic staff. Many observant Jewish families who don't have domestic staff prepare the food in advance but employ or seek the help of what they call a Shabbat goy (Shabbat Gentile) to help serve dinner and clean up after the meal. I read that Elvis Presley was a Shabbat goy to a Jewish family in Memphis. On Saturday morning, when in the city, the family stays at home and does whatever fills them. They read a nice book/magazine, take a nap, cuddle on the couch and watch Netflix (like now, he is watching the final episode of The Crown). (Some Saturday mornings, they/we get invited to a Bar/Bat Mitzvah ceremony at the synagogue usually followed by a lunch party.) We go for an early afternoon stroll (1 kilometer), and have afternoon tea at our favorite tea shop, which is fortunately just around the corner from his parents' townhouse. We go home and rest some more, have dinner, and they do Havdalah, right after dinner, a ceremony of separation between the holy and the secular signaling the end of Shabbat.

The idea is, to take a 24-hour break from activities that empty you and do things that fill you. It's very healthy.
Very interesting. Thanks.
We learn so much with the Tattlers !

Reactions: 22
Speaking of ancestry stuff, I've heard that those DNA tests aren't terribly reliable. You can test at three different places and get as many wildly different "results" back. You would think the three tests would come back with at least similar results, if they were accurate.

Reactions: 15
On a more positive note, my eldest son wants my eldest daughter to go to the cinema with him to watch the new Bond film. To get her up to date we are watching all the Daniel Craig Bond films. So now I get to ogle Daniel and Mads. Oh it's a tough job but somebody has to do it! 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

Thank you marquis fiance for a very rounded and informative response. Like there are many branches of Protestantism, there are many Jewish too. It has reminded me that my grandmother who died in 1988 used to tell me that she had to do shabbat goy (never knew the name before) - as a child she turned on lights for her Jewish neighbours.

Reactions: 22
If Sara from M & M is so scared of the internet, why on earth did she support her husband being front and centre on a popular vlog and then agree to participate herself?
I think the internet she's afraid of is US! I remember she was particularly upset with us over that Bridgerton dress....

Reactions: 21
What on earth is he doing in Thailand
He moved to Thailand and got a girlfriend.
Although, the theory of him getting rejected for a carte de séjour seems more plausible. Yet odd, if the Pathetick clan can get one, why can't Rien? 🧐 🧐 🧐

Reactions: 12
It's good to hear from you and some more about your family historyI'm gla
The letter was from a father who later sadly died to his 7 year old son to be a big, strong boy and look after his mother and sister while he was in hospital. He sadly died as there was no NHS. He died just before it came in and he would have lived if there had been the NHS then......

• Sad
Reactions: 10
It's good to hear from you and more about your interest in family history. I'm glad to be of a little help.
That 'family thread' business is fascinating, isn't it? It's an odd coincidence that you should mention it. Only yesterday a kindly close friend of 30yrs suggested a very particular job that I should be doing. A highly skilled job that only a very tiny number of usually male people ever do anywhere in the world.
"Oh! Really??!", I spluttered, very surprised. "That's exactly what my great grandmother did!" (At a time when no lady did anything but run an elegant, efficient household and graciously distribute alms to villagers!)

My friend wasn't to know that. But she knows me well enough to spot the same attributes that my g grandmama, whom I never knew, had. Have to say, it's something that's never crossed my mind to do though I knew her family had long been in a related field.

It all makes me really think about caste systems. Where, as in India, historic Judaism and far east countries, people had the same occupations and interests through generations.

Then there are studies of twins, separated at birth and ignorant of each other, whose life paths are almost exactly the same....

Many of the TV programmes also depict similar occupations through generations - even though the ancestors were completely unknown to the searcher.
Maybe there are some attributes and traits that are very strong and genetically inescapable?

So, anyway, to make all this a bit more relevant to our topics here, I'd bet that SJ's antecedents were what we used to call 'Irish gypsies'. Door to door tinkers, selling 'antique' peg dolls, telling fantastic tales while reading your palm, coercing you into crossing their palms with silver in exchange for tin trinkets done up to look like silver....!
Seems like history, relationships and psychology is what drew us to Chateau Diaries and then onto Tattle to vent but also say nice things cos we are not trolls! but a cosmopolitan crowd with wise words and tales to tell.....

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I dont understand the meaning behind "Manor and Maker"? Is it a pun? Maybe I'm just slow on the uptake tonight.

Also, Dan and Amaury may be getting Amaury's tools? And the radiators? I dont understand the need for British radiators when you're in France.
maybe English radiators
I dont understand the meaning behind "Manor and Maker"? Is it a pun? Maybe I'm just slow on the uptake tonight.

Also, Dan and Amaury may be getting Amaury's tools? And the radiators? I dont understand the need for British radiators when you're in France.
English radiators shake rattle and blow in English so everyone at the chateau can understand them :ROFLMAO:

I would subscribe as well- he's obviously a skilled craftsman, and "what you see is what you get" with Amaury. It is so odd, though, that while he is years younger than Miss Havisham, he's the authoritarian figure in the Shitoo- he seems to be the only person who she listens to at this point for anything. SJ- leave him be, let him continue to un-f@#k the f@#kery of your crumbling abode- you're wasting his time with your prancing around and using him as your YouTube Clickbait.
Naty leave him alone too
I would subscribe as well- he's obviously a skilled craftsman, and "what you see is what you get" with Amaury. It is so odd, though, that while he is years younger than Miss Havisham, he's the authoritarian figure in the Shitoo- he seems to be the only person who she listens to at this point for anything. SJ- leave him be, let him continue to un-f@#k the f@#kery of your crumbling abode- you're wasting his time with your prancing around and using him as your YouTube Clickbait.
Naty leave him alone too. You werent interested in learning french before he arrived! :p

I've never suggested one before.. but I have to put this one up for title thread

Lalande, where they flog each other all day long
:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
On a more positive note, my eldest son wants my eldest daughter to go to the cinema with him to watch the new Bond film. To get her up to date we are watching all the Daniel Craig Bond films. So now I get to ogle Daniel and Mads. Oh it's a tough job but somebody has to do it! 😂😂
Me and hubby went and saw that this afternoon! Not my cup of tea, but hubby likes them and we need to start trying to get used to going out again, I am still really uncomfortable about it and was terrified someone would sit next to me! Warning to your daughter, it was really long (unnecessarily so) and to be honest...I have no clue what it was all about, other than that - it was ok :unsure:

• Wow
  • Haha
Now don't hate me please....but I prefer my men to be taller than me....and I have a suspicion that Amaury, as easy on the eye as he is, just doesn't quite measure up. 5'10" at minimum would be great. About Dan's height. Ducking now!
Watch out for the Danmaury fans on here! They may bite! 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 7
From the previous thread : (Thanks for another new thread !)

"i am not a geography expert, but he often does when going to Ikea. He probably crosses the Switzerland boarder somewhere and then re-enters France to be faster?"

Dan and family live in Berry (Creuse departement).

Far far far away from Switzerland !

Anyway, at the border with France, Switzerland is a French speaking country. The German speaking part of Switzerland is at the other side of the country.

They go to IKEA in Clermont-Ferrand (2 hours drive by motoway).

PS : When you go abroad, your phone settings don't change to another language.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.