Chateau Diaries #73 The shake, rattle and blowing radiators in the Shittoo.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't know why did Isabelle reject her French side that much
Did she thought? She pushed her daughter to do A-levels in French at the age of 12. She dropped La Jarvis off at her Bonne Maman almost every holiday.
Curiosly I wonder why La Jarvis never decided to study French at Oxford, she would have had access to a native speaker at any given time...

How many CD spin offs will there be???
Even Dawny has one...

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
If Sara from M & M is so scared of the internet, why on earth did she support her husband being front and centre on a popular vlog and then agree to participate herself?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Aumery and Dan discussing it's weird there's absolutely no French spoken at the shitoo.

A: "I spoke more French in England with my family than I now do in France ..."

I like these two!
I found it interesting to hear that Amaury and Natti speak French to each other so she can learn. Why doesn't he speak French to Stephanie too... I presume because she doesn't want to

Edited to note... I fall behind by one day... And it takes me a week to catch up with these threads!!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
From, Monday's gift grab 10/4, live chat.

Gilbert Cartier Tatiana reminds me of the Mona Lisa
Philip Janssen @Gilbert Cartier She should definitely dress up as her for halloween!

Well, if there is still a heating problem, this will be her Halloween getup.
4a4d1fe04062aa922c8c740481b43044.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Watched the part in Dan's vlog when Amaury explains his bilinguism. That exactly what is happening in our family (2 languages spoken : english and french).
Kids speak a fluent french with mum and a fluent english with dad and in french to each others (they go to a local english speaking school).

What a difference with our Chatelaine upbringing.... Don't know why did Isabelle reject her French side that much...

Interesting to hear Amaury speaking of the Lalande community... To be continued IMO.
Nice of him also helping out Nati by speaking French to her so she can learn

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Poor Dawny, having to tolerate that gurning imbecile.
I feel so tempted to tell him to speak "properly"!
Imagine the English pronunciation that poor Dawny will learn from him, thinking it is just fine and dandy! And his linguistic mannerisms are just so cringeworthy!
It does sound to me as if he is putting most of it on as a sort of "branding", to make himself sound different , and "authentic".
Far from it. :sick::sick::sick:

• Sick
Reactions: 15
Re the trip itself, someone earlier was making a few digs on the necessity, and Dan going: my thoughts:
3. Its nicer to travel a long way with a buddy and they are great together, plus Dan can help lift the heavy stuff
Dan is doing a great job of growing his youtube channel (along with that comes more patrons). A youtubers #1 job is to create videos. This will be video gold for Dan and he knows it (I think he even mentioned that, I was only half paying attention last night while watching them). I was watching a video yesterday by Tiny Shiny Home where they mention how doing daily videos really boosted their youtube sub count and $$. They are not going the patreon direction, but have their own *Homie* section on their website. They probably get to keep a bigger percentage of the donations. So, so many different ways to make money nowadays, almost makes me wish I was better on film :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 20
Sami Lee
#1,004

Can you be more precise about what you're wanting of family history? To find out about your own family? Or something more general? (TBH I'm not sure what a night school can really show you

that you can't do already!)
If you're looking specifically for your own recent British ancestors (from 1837 when registration was made compulsory) you could start here
FREE BMD - https://www.freebmd.org.uk/
FREE CEN - https://www.freecen.org.uk/
(I've transcribed many census and other records for these two).
FAMILY SEARCH - https://www.familysearch.org/en/

If you haven't already watched these, I'd recommend:
Who do you think you are? (
UK TV series on notable people's family history - it's a bit light and doesn't show much how to DIY in depth)
Finding your roots
(Prof. Henry Louis Gates Jnr - US TV series on notable people's family history - shows how proper research is done and use of DNA testing. I really like this one, Prof Gates is a proper academic and usually gets to the heart of things!)

Note that all these programmes invariably become tearjerkers! It's often very moving when you find real evidence of your forebears and some of the facts of their lives and struggles.

Enjoy

Chocolategoggler said:
Thanks for your extensive reply Sami Lee
I would like to join with like-minded people in a class or something so we can bounce off each other.
I will look at what you have suggested. I have been on a site similar to Ancestry and printed off birth, marriage. death and census records but although I am not nosy I do want to know why, both for general as well as family history I sussed out through watching Who Do You Think You Are that my great grandparents didn't marry straight away as one or both was already married. I even went to mediums as I have a photo which everyone thinks is me but it is over a 100 years old and my ancestors on the other side told me to not search online but visit graveyards and where they used to live and also to get family records and photos from a family member as his wife would destroy them out of spite. When I got these records there was a letter in there which made me bawl as it was so beautiful and which made me understand a relative's behaviour due to the terrible burden placed on him as a male child. Through my family tree search I can see a thread running through the family as to why my dad is interested in certain things and chose the job he did - like osmosis. It's fascinating. Sorry for waffling on but thanks for your help. ♥
It's good to hear from you and some more about your family historyI'm gla

Reactions: 3
Wow.Chateau de Bourneau cost much less and they have the cottages with swimming pools.And they can do weddings...don't think the fleuries could do weddings...
The Fleuries have one major advantage: location, near the very touristic Honfleur, and Normandy coast... so that also explains the higher buying cost... They could also have weddings, depending on how and when they renovate the outbuildings?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
The Fleuries have one major advantage: location, near the very touristic Honfleur, and Normandy coast... so that also explains the higher buying cost... They could also have weddings, depending on how and when they renovate the outbuildings?
Could be.But the Bourneau chateau looks very disneylandish, something that ßeems to appeal to many people.The cottages can support the renovation cost . The Fleuries have only 3 rooms?

Reactions: 2
Patty Martens arrived at Lalande 9/27 and stayed until 10/5. Friday 10/1 was a rough day for Patty, Why???🤔 She is not the first guest/volunteer to have a hard time. I am not a fan of Selmar, but it was very kind of him and Tatty to make her a flower arrangement. Someone will eventually spill the tea.

9/13 Monday's gift grab live chat...

MsPmartensHello @Cat T - I'll be at Lalande next week and hope to meet you. That is if I can find it - I'll be driving
MsPmartens@Celeste R - maybe our paths will cross. I leave Oct 5.
9/28 Tuesday's CD live chat...
Patty Martens hi @jetje goes Dutch I'm watching from Lalande.
Neil Hartley @Patty Martens glad you made it there safely
Patty Martens thanks Neil.
Patty Martens it was an epic journey to get here.

Comments from Selmar's and Tatty's latest flog.

1633801332983.png
MsPmartens

1 day ago
Selmar and Tatiana, your gift of flowers was so beautiful it made me cry tears of joy after having such a rough day on Friday. The two of you made my stay at Lalande really special. You are both so kind, interesting, giving, and creative. It was an honor to meet you and dine with you. And the tango lesson was the best. I wish you both all good things. You taught me so much about gratitude and positivity. I know you will attract love and goodness because that is what you give to others.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Lalande - flog, snog, and grog.
Perfect title!

Wow.Chateau de Bourneau cost much less and they have the cottages with swimming pools.And they can do weddings...don't think the fleuries could do weddings...
Don't see why not- plenty of room for a marquee. I think it would lovely. I am sure that Philip would be far more professional in his approach to their client, unlike Ed.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.