Chateau Diaries #71 Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't quite get why you all get so enraged about Patreon. Absolutely nobody is forced to donate funds to chateau owners, those who are dumb enough will also fall for Nigerian princes and US generals stationed in Afghanistan or Somalia who fell on hard times and need money to buy food.

Mick Pathetic and Lady Lala are harmless compared to those.
So, you’re saying Patreon is ok because people are stupid? And Pathetic and SJ are harmless because they only scam people a little bit as compared to a larger scam?

Reactions: 9
Not at all. I’m bored with MPK now.
However, The Dan fan club on here, I give it another month and this tide will change.
We're all bored with MPK. He is extremely predictable.

I can see some valid points regarding Dan, which others have mentioned. It is after all his choice to monetise his vlogs and therefore open to discussion on here. However, as a family man myself I can see what he is working towards and disagree with your interpretation.

As I have pointed out before we all have our likes and preferences. He is doing a decent job on his vlogs in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Dan has proven he is not ‘too polite’ to ‘fight back’ with a witty remark or two. However on this occasion his mouth was shut.
Regardless of what is thought about SJ, it’s her house and if the ‘staff’ are using it as an escape from home or a knocking shop with the volunteers then even if she is a narc I would said she would be entitled to be pissed.
Actually, I said that Alexander was too polite, not Dan. Also, one of the things I learned when leading a volunteer organization is not to piss off the volunteers. You’ll soon find you have none.

Reactions: 15
So, you’re saying Patreon is ok because people are stupid? And Pathetic and SJ are harmless because they only scam people a little bit as compared to a larger scam?
I'm saying people are responsible for their own actions and fools are easily parted with their money if not through Patreon then by something else.

Reactions: 5

I can see some valid points regarding Dan, which others have mentioned. It is after all his choice to monetise his vlogs and therefore open to discussion on here. However, as a family man myself I can see what he is working towards and disagree with your interpretation.

As I have pointed out before we all have our likes and preferences. He is doing a decent job on his vlogs in my opinion.
the vlogs he produces are fine. However the change in his demeanour and behaviour are the tell tale signs.

Reactions: 4
I don't quite get why you all get so enraged about Patreon. Absolutely nobody is forced to donate funds to chateau owners, those who are dumb enough will also fall for Nigerian princes and US generals stationed in Afghanistan or Somalia who fell on hard times and need money to buy food.

Mick Pathetic and Lady Lala are harmless compared to those.
Patreon is a legitimate platform, it is how the money is spent that most object to. Most look to the accountability of fund spending.
Given the lifestyle choices- Michael wanted to raise funds for his cottage renovation- mainly pays someone else to renovate and then parties hard with rent boys and chucks money down the drain and is drained.
Money maybe better given to those who need it, I find it a weird juxtaposition that people will throw money at these YouTubers for living an a life most can only dream of whilst walking past more needy people.
Personally I don't believe in Patreon or supporting anyone via this platform.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm saying people are responsible for their own actions and fools are easily parted with their money if not through Patreon then by something else.
What “enrages” (strong word…more like pissed off!) me about Patreon is when a creator says the funds will be used for one stated purpose, but then those funds are diverted for something else. For example, MPK admitted in his last crying vlog that many of his Patreons had paid in full a year in advance. So, if you’re a Patreon who sent money thinking it was going to the gardeners cottage, but instead you learn it went to partying and rent boys in Spain, yes, I’d be angry. And there’s no recourse if you already paid in full. You can discontinue your Patreon, but that’s about all you could do. Those people weren’t stupid…they are people with good intentions who were mislead.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Does anyone know what festival Tatty is referring to?
I think she attended, or maybe helped organise, some historical festivals in the past. Selmar also posted a vlog about a historical re-enactment he had attended. I think they plan to organise such events as well as having a dance studio if they buy a chateau. They may be setting themselves up for a huge disaster as I am not sure they are capable of organising such things. Selmar is hardly a dancer, let alone a Tango teacher and Tatty seemed to get into an awful panic when she was in Turkey, even though she seems brighter than Selmar. Organising such events is extremely challenging and they may be subjected to far worse criticism than they get on Tattle or from Internet trolls if they have dissatisfied paying customers. Could either of them cope with that? They would be better off with less ambitious plans, maybe with a smallholding with animals, rather like Kirsty or Dan, rather than taking on an enormous renovation project and then trying to organise events. I could be wrong but from what we have seen of them both so far, it does not bode well. SJ really has a lot to answer for as some of her more vulnerable volunteers are led into believing that they can also live a fairy tale life like hers. Sadly, that is unlikley to work out for such people. There are a few volunteers, like Cat, who are intelligent and have a life and work away from the chateau so that they can come and go and not get too sucked into the fantasy fairy tale. Others, like Selmar, hang on and believe that they can do the same as Steph.

Reactions: 20
Yes, MPK is predictable. But, I have to say I was really surprised when he showed up on the party boat in Torrelemolinos after crying about his poverty. Not able to afford the oak staircase…can’t work on the cottage without a decent stair installed, ladder is too dangerous. Please send me money! But suddenly has money to travel to Spain again. I didn’t think anyone could be that stupid…how naive I am! 😆

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Not at all. I’m bored with MPK now.
However, The Dan fan club on here, I give it another month and this tide will change.
I don’t think anyone on here is blindly loyal to Dan. So far, he’s done a good job...works, shows progress, consistent, good quality. But if he starts to make bone-headed moves, I’ll be the first to call it out.

Reactions: 17
Did you get the M. Morrison bit where he asked Flip how he managed to look so good, one of the suggested alternatives being ... had he been naughty?
Hereafter the filmed response.

View attachment 794995
Yes I did. This is from the gift grab live chat. More to follow...

Michael Morrison @Philip Janssen Did you get even better looking? I think you did! Need to know your secret. Clean living?…or maybe naughty? Hmmm

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Enough VIP around this morning TF

driving - can you sort out thread 🧵
Thanks 🙏

Reactions: 4
I don’t think anyone on here is blindly loyal to Dan. So far, he’s done a good job...works, shows progress, consistent, good quality. But if he starts to make bone-headed moves, I’ll be the first to call it out.
I’m going to call him out now. Sorry when your disappointment hits.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.