Chateau Diaries #71 Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Arfarf said:
Bee-utiFul! Awesome, bee-utiFul, awesome, bee-utiFul, awesome.... Quote by Snorts. Only "big" words he knows.
Oh! And mummy, grandma, mummy, grandma, mummy, grandma....those are his inside words.
Oh!!! And snort , snort, snort, snort, snort, snort.... All the time.....sounds?

The phrase from him that drives me nuts, and it popped out nearly on day one is "I was thinking the same thing." To every idea SJ has. I don't know how she tolerates it, it would drive me bonkers. It's like she shares a brain with her.
It's like they a share a not-a-brain 💭🧠💭

• Haha
Reactions: 10
My poor boyfriend, I was so angry for him. I cant wait to see how his parents react to the crumbling, leaking, shitshow
I imagine they’ve seen it before but I’ll bet it’s even worse now. What I can’t imagine is why Amaury would come to the chateau to work, unless he was just desperate for a job. And even if he was, I hope he doesn’t take any tit from her. We all saw how he restrained his annoyance at her when she tracked him down in his workshop. I hope that restraint was just because she was filming and he told her off when she stopped. In fact, I hope he told her to stop filming.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
sj has lived many years in that chateau, with that same heating system. she obviously has turned the system on before... did she not know what may happen?? sure she did.. this was for views and content
It surely was, and for extra cash flow rendering to replace those leaking radiators. She knows what she's doing and will go to any length to play out her preferred scenario of having to escape the shittoo because of the state it's in. She will be travelling way more than before, with or without Snorty Nutkins, depending on whether he can adjust his schedule to her whims. If not, he'll be out a lot sooner, so fingers crossed.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
In such big and old buildings, the shutters are the key to keep the rooms warm at night. Not to mention the safety side of good wooden shutters.

But I know : it's a big work to do it every evening and every morning. And we know that Lalanders don't like it !
But but but, what about the shutter dogs???

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I wonder if she gets it serviced properly by a technician?
Of course she doesn't. IJ couldn't wait to tell the fans in the chat that the technicians had measured the radiators for replacement but never showed. More likely, they never got paid for previous work and decided to write off their losses and lose them as a client. That's more their way of dealing with workers. Nothing is serviced properly, but I would argue that's never the technicians fault. SJ is clueless about everything that's involved in the maintenance of a place like that, yet her entourage keeps looking at her to make decisions. That's the sad but true reason these disasters keep happening.

I do think the old girl would love to get a hold of the money and out of her crazy daughters hands!
Oh, don't worry. We know IJ has access to all accounts.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
More from yesterday's CD live chat. We have answers about the intro and who was dancing in the courtyard. Potty showed up at the end and Nutti also chimed in.

The Chateau Diaries @Alex Bonneau Oh no! Did the intro slow down again? That happened by accident last week, too
Percy Attfield @the Chateau Diaries Good job!! your abilities at DIY always impress me
The Chateau Diaries @Percy Attfield Yay! Thank you!
Isabelle Jarvis The heating engineers had measured the radiators to change and they never turned up!!!!
The Chateau Diaries Our weekend guests were practicing the tango in the courtyard!
Jason Dubey @the Chateau Diaries did you just turn on the system for the season? Is that why it exploded?
The Chateau Diaries @Jason Dubey Yes, we’re trying to get it on for the winter! We’ll try again tomorrow
Jason Dubey @the Chateau Diaries the good news is you will have fresh water in there! OMG sorry to see this flooding
Michael Potts Hello! How is everyone!
Brenda M @Michael Potts hello there my love such a pleasure
Isabelle Jarvis Goodnight everyone thank you for being here !
Natasha @isabelle Jarvis this is the best place to be darling

It was a busy chat, with other's promoting their interests. I wonder if SJ charges a fee or is it a percentage of their YT earnings.
Donna, like Anna and Ed, is also doing a daily vlog.

Donna Davis Art It's #inktober so trying to get on top of it A new inked drawing a day for all of October...whew among other things but have to make Lalande time if i can

The Chateau Diaries @How to Renovate a Chateau Hi! I’m really looking forward to seeing you both again!

The Chateau Diaries @1890 I link to it at the end of this video but it’s called @escape to the dream, restoring the chateau

Céleste R@Bordeaux Life is this Anna or Edd?
Bordeaux Life@Céleste R its Edd... Emma is down within 2 mins!!!
Céleste R OOOOH you may all want to join me later for the @Bordeaux Life LIVE at 8.45 UK time
Bordeaux Life @the Chateau Diaries GREAT VLOG STEPHANIE ,......HOPEFULLY SEE YOU ALL OVER AT OUR PREMIER
Céleste R OOOOH you may all want to join me later for @Bordeaux Life LIVE at 8.45 UK time

Castle ten Berghe For those interested, we have a premiere in a few minutes on our channel
Did you get the M. Morrison bit where he asked Flip how he managed to look so good, one of the suggested alternatives being ... had he been naughty?
Hereafter the filmed response.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Here in the US, we have a product for drafty, older windows (3M Window Insulating Kit). It is a clear plastic that you adhere to your window, then use a hand held dryer on it, which shrinks the plastic to a very tight fit, so you can't tell you have plastic covering your window unless you get right up next to it and touch it. It really does stop the drafts. I use it in the guest bedroom of my 100 year old bungalow as that window is missing its storm window. Do you have something like this in the UK/European Union? You can get it on US Amazon, if that is available to you. Highly recommended.

***OMG, I just realized I sounded just like the commercial product-pushing Americans who moved into the English mansion in Oscar Wilde's The Canterbury Ghost. I always have to read that story for Halloween. 🎃🎃🎃
After years of freezing in our 17th century big house (not a chateau ! haha), my father put (by himself) a sort of "interior double window" stuck to the original window. Very thin, very elegant and visually perfect.
The change was spectacular ! Rooms were warmer and the energy saving was incredible.

What are Lalanders waiting for ?? That everybody ends up with a pneunomia ??

PS : These "double interior windows" are much cheaper than replacing all the windows with double glazed etc.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Yep, he is a "Yes" man...er, thing...Um....boy???? Which is what he has to do ( and he knows it) to keep StephanMe happy and so she keeps him as her traveling pet.

"Snorts, You're Effectively a Hot Water Bottle." Great thread idea, Mojo!! Put it in the mix!!! Perfective!y sums that twit up.
So he is a catchfart or maybe a lickspittle or maybe he is a quockerwodger? Mmm 🤔🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I imagine they’ve seen it before but I’ll bet it’s even worse now. What I can’t imagine is why Amaury would come to the chateau to work, unless he was just desperate for a job. And even if he was, I hope he doesn’t take any tit from her. We all saw how he restrained his annoyance at her when she tracked him down in his workshop. I hope that restraint was just because she was filming and he told her off when she stopped. In fact, I hope he told her to stop filming.
He was send by the family to keep things from drowning any deeper in the swamp SJ likes to talk about as her lake. IJ pleaded with her sister, who was more than happy to detach her troubled boy, because this way they get a tighter grip on the now substantial family capital. Imposters who are after that money are lurking everywhere and as we have seen over and over again, SJ is very susceptible when it comes to new lovers and lapdogs ...eh hedgehogs.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
After years of freezing in our 17th century big house (not a chateau ! haha), my father put (by himself) a sort of "interior double window" stuck to the original window. Very thin, very elegant and visually perfect.
The change was spectacular ! Rooms were warmer and the energy saving was incredible.

What are Lalanders waiting for ?? That everybody ends up with a pneunomia ??

PS : These "double interior windows" are much cheaper than replacing all the windows with double glazed etc.
That’s exactly what my parents did in their home! In their case, it was a clear lead glass window that was nearly 12 feet (3.5 meters) tall. It was beautiful but very drafty. They had an interior window installed over the lead glass with a small air gap…and it worked perfectly! A carpenter did the work. It eliminated the problem, you could still see the beautiful glass, and it was much less expensive than replacing the entire window.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
To tat...small suggestions...perhaps use less hair product...a good blowout works wonders...and have you ever considered: bangs? 👍
I do think you are very cute...this is offered with my sincere ❤

...come on...they have two little kids...stop...the...bullsh...
Agreed re the last point.

Regarding Tatyana I do apologise for misreading post. Never had these done at a hairdressers but Mrs G assures me that:
Bangs =fringe in UK
Blowout=is a blow dry in UK

And not my filthy interpretation when I read both together. 😬

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
We spent 40k euro on triple glazed windows and doors 10 years ago when we built a new timber framed 'A' rated house. The insulation of both cold and road noise is superb. The walls are extra thick with insulation. We have a heat exchanger which refreshes the air in the house while extracting the warm damp air from bathrooms and utility. We have solar hot water and PV panels. We put in underfloor heating downstairs and rads upstairs. U/floor has only occasionally been on and the rads never. We like the look of a wood burner and put one in but the few occasions we have lit it the room has reached ridiculously high temperature so it is now more of an ornament. It is a really warm house, we seldom wear a second layer and a 1 or 4 tog duvet is more than enough all year long. My MIL lived in a 100 yr old house and I vividly remember the condensation on the inside of the windows and the damp feel of the outside of the bed covers in the morning. Don't miss that at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Yes, The Canterville Ghost, of course. I've seen the version with Patrick Stewart and also the 1980s adaptation with John Gielgud. I love the 1940s version, too. But the best is the original Oscar Wilde short story.
I love both of those film interpretations of his play. I think my favourite is the Patrick Stewart one, mainly because he is superb.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
But, I also think the true intent of Patreon is to support artists. Calling someone like Dan an artist is a stretch at best; he’s a really hard worker, a “jack of all trades,” and makes some slick videos, but does that make him an artist? I think calling MPK an artist is a stretch, too. I haven’t seen much art coming from him lately (although I guess you could say his videos count?). Patrons aren’t supporting his painting or musical talent. And renovating the cottage isn’t exactly what I would consider “art.” He even claims on his Patreon page that donations will help him with living expenses as he works on his passion of renovating the chateau. And haven’t seen that lately, either.
I don't quite get why you all get so enraged about Patreon. Absolutely nobody is forced to donate funds to chateau owners, those who are dumb enough will also fall for Nigerian princes and US generals stationed in Afghanistan or Somalia who fell on hard times and need money to buy food.

Mick Pathetic and Lady Lala are harmless compared to those.

Reactions: 3
We spent 40k euro on triple glazed windows and doors 10 years ago when we built a new timber framed 'A' rated house. The insulation of both cold and road noise is superb. The walls are extra thick with insulation. We have a heat exchanger which refreshes the air in the house while extracting the warm damp air from bathrooms and utility. We have solar hot water and PV panels. We put in underfloor heating downstairs and rads upstairs. U/floor has only occasionally been on and the rads never. We like the look of a wood burner and put one in but the few occasions we have lit it the room has reached ridiculously high temperature so it is now more of an ornament. It is a really warm house, we seldom wear a second layer and a 1 or 4 tog duvet is more than enough all year long. My MIL lived in a 100 yr old house and I vividly remember the condensation on the inside of the windows and the damp feel of the outside of the bed covers in the morning. Don't miss that at all.
That's certainly the way to go. I think every country needs to look at more sustainable heating solutions. Particularly relevant in the UK at the moment given heating costs rising.
When I grew up, the house was heated via a coal fire. No central heating and single glazed metal windows. Coins would freeze to the inside in winter. I don't remember Particularly feeling cold except in the morning. Our mother would put the oven on and open the door, so we were warmed up quickly and got dressed in the warmth. Hot water bottles were the norm.
We have certainly moved on since then.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yes, SJ likes to “joke” and stir the pot…insinuating Dan stayed the night because he wore the same clothes. But those “jokes” end up taking on a life of their own and unjustly tarnish a reputation. Dan needs to nip that in the bud and call her out on it. Turn it around on her. If not, these “jokes” will continue to the point where the target is seen as weak…it’s an attack on the person’s dignity. Same thing with Alexander; he’s too polite to fight back and tell MPK or Biffy “where they can go.” If you value your self esteem, you can’t be walked all over like a rug, Alexander. I guess subtly putting others down is part of the narc personality…making sure no one else is “better” than the narc.
Dan has proven he is not ‘too polite’ to ‘fight back’ with a witty remark or two. However on this occasion his mouth was shut.
Regardless of what is thought about SJ, it’s her house and if the ‘staff’ are using it as an escape from home or a knocking shop with the volunteers then even if she is a narc I would said she would be entitled to be pissed.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.