Chateau Diaries #71 Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This year has been a real wake up call if you're renovating, improving etc. The thing to remember is that whatever you are doing, maintenance is the key. Look after the basics. The rest can follow. Sounds like you've got it covered. Good Luck (y)
Thanks, Countess. We had planned to reno the bathroom with some saved cash, but this is taking precedence. Which is, of course, what a SANE person does.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I got the feeling that Amaury was a bit "énervé" (= irrirated)... even Natti tried to say "Maybe you would prefer if we go away" or something like that. He answered sort of "No no, I'm OK".
It was obvious that the Chatelaine couldn't read his body language... Especially when she laughed at him when he was running up and down to check the radiators leaking.

That was a pathetic scene. But she thought it would be worth keeping it in the vlog as she knew that her Superfans would love it !:sick:
My sister, the narc, cannot read body language either because a narc is never concerned with OTHERS...only themselves.
I could've throttled her for Al. And the " guest" could have halted their lovely sit down "visit" to help....or at least offer to.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
woodburners are so nice..we have two in the cottages..one in the kitchen and one in the livingroom...they are economical...doesnt need much wood...in the state diningroom which is like 120m2 we have a huge open fireplace...when we have a function there we need 10 wheelbarrels of wood for like 6 hours...all the heat is going up through the chimney...but people love it...so be it..we cannot put a woodburner in there...it would ruin the looks of the place...
I love wood burning stoves AND fireplaces!

Reactions: 7
I think we all know the answer to that
pay the restorer for the work hes done and postpone the remainder work for the spring.. its getting too cold to do much there now anyway. focus on the heating, and make that a priority. get selmar to do what he can to weatherproof doors and windows, and get that chateau at least a bit warmer. its only the start of october and from what i saw at the gift thingie today, people are freezing all ready. at the very least, get a few wood burners going and fix the oven in the kitchen.. its not rocket science

• Heart
Reactions: 14
That's my only issue with the plan... if we have to pick our fav at the chateaux there are going to be a lot of Ruby, Diesel, etc. avatars.... maybe we could all pick our fav unfinished project instead?? :D
PS Mine is chainsaws
There are so many unfinished projects at the the Shitoo- where would one even start? LOL!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
@MojoDublin can I create a second account here? I’d like to criticize Dan about something but I rather want to do it with a New Member identity, as it seems common practice.
Just start with a compliment and nobody will notice the critical part😂
Like: I really love his sons they would enjoy playing on a clean courtyard

Perhaps like Marie, you could hold a Meet n Greet.
She probably calls it "meat and great"

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Canadian summers in my area usually top out at 30°C. We had some 33-35°C days this summer. With the humidex where I am, some days "feel like 40°C".

I don't know if they do that everywhere. But here they give a temperature, and then say "with the humidex it feels like ___"

I've always been jealous of the weather on the UK and continental Europe. With the Gulf stream it seems a little more steady there.
It’s not at the moment. I went for a walk earlier and when I left home it was sunny with blue skies. 30 minutes later it was pouring and I didn’t have a coat or brolly. I got slightly wet! My grandmother had two great weather sayings 1) if you don’t like the weather give it an hour and it will change 2) there’s no such thing as bad weather just bad clothing 🤣

Reactions: 15
Perhaps like Marie, you could hold a Meet n Greet.
yeah, we are going to bring that Dead Flower Associates meet n greet to a shame, with the tattlers unite convention.

By the way, what’s up with those la Lande profile pictures suddenly? What did I miss?

Reactions: 8
No not me 😁. I was in rather a grumpy mood as I'd just got up and I hadn't had my coffee yet lol! I'm a vegetable growing granny and former hippy from England! Apologies for my grumpiness!
I do feel sorry for SJ losing her father, my dad died young and suddenly. I feel sorry for young Philip losing his grandparents. I do think Stephanie needs some bereavement counselling as it seems to overwhelm her. She mentions him every vlog practically, and clearly hasn't got over his death.How many years is it? She's not helping Philip, his loss is more recent, it is clearly difficult for him too as he mentions it so often. Therapy would really help him too.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
we have gasheating...and this time of year we use our woodburners...open fireplaces we only have in the staterooms...and we are able to shut them off ..they have all new pipes and a system to shut the chimey off ....and when its really getting cold, we move out to a small cottage ;) using the big house only for christmas..and new years eve..but we must keep the heating on to like 15 degrees C there to not letting the place getting too damp..and keep the doors and the shutters...inside and outside closed..Its always a nice time...not much work has to been done living small..untill in Februari we mostly start with the springclean...we dont have to do much renovations in winter...i hate it..the days are short and the light is bad for painting..so in wintertime we have our wintersleep...well sort of:rolleyes: work never really stops..
Your posts are so interesting. A nice look into how the other half lives. I remember when I religiously spring cleaned and loved doing it. Not so much as I get older. But it still gets done....A little in summer....little more in fall....lol

Reactions: 19
yeah, we are going to bring that Dead Flower Associates meet n greet to a shame, with the tattlers unite convention.

By the way, what’s up with those la Lande profile pictures suddenly? What did I miss?
Yesterday someone suggested that in honor of Halloween month we either change our profile pic to our favorite LL character or our favorite unfinished project. So far my favorite response was that all of La Lande is an unfinished project.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m so far behind in the threads, but had to post about Selmar’s Love Story video ——and Tatty’s comment about looking for romance with a handy man in “big, crumbly houses.” I bet that’s going to go over well…
I LOOOOVED when Titty said that....twice I think!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I do feel sorry for SJ losing her father, my dad died young and suddenly. I feel sorry for young Philip losing his grandparents. I do think Stephanie needs some bereavement counselling as it seems to overwhelm her. She mentions him every vlog practically, and clearly hasn't got over his death.How many years is it? She's not helping Philip, his loss is more recent, it is clearly difficult for him too as he mentions it so often. Therapy would really help him too.
That's very kind of you. While I agree that both probably feel the loss deeply I also think they mention it over and over because it garners sympathy and further endears them to their super fans.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
So, a little editing blooper occurred in Shitoo unwrapped.
Have slowed down the footage so the 2 seconds of unrelated filming can be seen.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

well for sure ...i am not gonna change mine to Selmar..... :rolleyes:
Yesterday someone suggested that in honor of Halloween month we either change our profile pic to our favorite LL character or our favorite unfinished project. So far my favorite response was that all of La Lande is an unfinished project.
i guess most of the people there are also unfinished projects....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Canadian summers in my area usually top out at 30°C. We had some 33-35°C days this summer. With the humidex where I am, some days "feel like 40°C".

I don't know if they do that everywhere. But here they give a temperature, and then say "with the humidex it feels like ___"
We get down around -40 C most winters for a few days, and usually hit +30C a couple days each summer, though this summer we had some heat waves and got to +42C several days in a row, we didn't know what to do with ourselves! We have window A/C units, but rarely have to use them more than a few days in a row. We're a few hours from the Rockies and so normally it cools off every evening, though during our heatwave it didn't ... so we sleep in our basements, which stay cool! :) I'm in northern Alberta, Canada.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.