Chase Amie #3 'Schnell' handbags are my priority, so my mum and baby will sleep in a storage room, sorry!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly, the new diamond is not as pretty as her old one. The old one was really clear and this one looked cloudy. Clearly, the previous round cut one is smaller. Her new oval-cut diamond is 2.8 carats, that is massive! Like why do you need it to be that big? Her previous one looks about 1.5 - 2 carats, which are still decent size and looked much more elegant as the quality of the diamond is better.

So typical, sacrificing quality for size...like why am I surprised at this point?
To be honest, her new diamond looks fake. The original one was so much better.

Reactions: 4
She buys so much clothing/jewelry/etc etc but does she even leave the house enough to wear any of these things?!

Reactions: 7
She buys so much clothing/jewelry/etc etc but does she even leave the house enough to wear any of these things?!
Exactly! And who is she tying to impress with a larger (but less quality) rock? Dan seems like a homebody/easygoing guy and Amie works from home and likely left most of her friend circle when they left London.

Reactions: 3
she was asked a few times in the comments section and basically said the reason for the upgrade is “because I wanted to”.
---

my ring isn’t huge, it’s half a carat and I absolutely love it and wouldn’t ever change it for the world.
oh for sure, I just meant that’s the most common reason why I’ve seen people do upgrades. I’m content with mine as well. Dan seems really laid-back, but with all the bags she returned from him and now the ring? I’d be so mad.

Reactions: 5
I dont anything wrong with upgrading. She has actually kept her original ring, and bought a new one. Its quite an insane and inflated show of wealth. I mean, how much must she and Dan be earning for her to be spunking thousands each month on bags, then buy a new diamond ring which must be in the low tens of thousands for a cloudy 2.8ct ring.

I bring in 200k annually and have no where enough money to buy even a tenth of what she buys on a monthly basis. And its not jealously, its mind boggling. Is she making bank from all these affiliate links from Nordstrom and does she have a strong US following? I dont see any US girls wear pleather leggings, court shoes and off shoulder tops....

I don’t watch her videos anymore, so I took a glance at her IG.

Does she still have her dog?
Funny how she travels with her baby now, but only bc her mom and MIL come as well. 😒
Did any of her friends come for Leo’s Naming Day? Ofc she put her MIL to work while she just records everything.

• Sad
  • Angry
I dont anything wrong with upgrading. She has actually kept her original ring, and bought a new one. Its quite an insane and inflated show of wealth. I mean, how much must she and Dan be earning for her to be spunking thousands each month on bags, then buy a new diamond ring which must be in the low tens of thousands for a cloudy 2.8ct ring.

I bring in 200k annually and have no where enough money to buy even a tenth of what she buys on a monthly basis. And its not jealously, its mind boggling. Is she making bank from all these affiliate links from Nordstrom and does she have a strong US following? I dont see any US girls wear pleather leggings, court shoes and off shoulder tops....
Plot twist - It's a cubic zirconia ring and all the bags are super fakes o_O

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I wouldn't be surprised lol. Honestly luxury bags has such crap quality recently. You would be a fool not to buy a super fake with better quality than the real ones

From memory she bought CZ studs (from Nordstrom?) because she couldn't be bothered investing in actual diamonds at one point and was impressed by how “real” they looked 🙄 not sure if she ever upgraded.

From memory she bought CZ studs (from Nordstrom?) because she couldn't be bothered investing in actual diamonds at one point and was impressed by how “real” they looked 🙄 not sure if she ever upgraded.
That's right! I forgot about that 😄

OMG! What do you do?

Reactions: 1
Oh look yet another video that tries to justify selling a bunch of bags only to buy another Chanel. You’d think she’d figure out what kinds of bags don’t work for her by now if that was the real intent of these videos.

Amie doesn't pay full price for he designer bags. Whenever she does an ad for farfetch , mytheresa, etc, they send her a voucher on top of her affiliate link commission and payment for the ad. Smaller influencers and big ones like Fleur de Force have either outright disclaimed or made references to the practice.

Reactions: 2
I don't know how someone like Amie needs so many luxury bags. Maybe for a real socialite (or even a woman who actually has a real high flying job), they could use a lot of handbags. But Amie works from home. Does she need so many outfits for Zoom calls?

I don't know how someone like Amie needs so many luxury bags. Maybe for a real socialite (or even a woman who actually has a real high flying job), they could use a lot of handbags. But Amie works from home. Does she need so many outfits for Zoom calls?
I’ve always thought that it was just a way to a fill a void. New motherhood aside, her life doesn’t seem very interesting or fulfilling.

Reactions: 8
She never expressed any interest in any hobbies. The only thing she had ever shown to be doing other than those boring ass videos is baking? I guess making YouTube videos was her hobby when she worked full time, but since that is her full time job now.

I worked from home for three years and I honestly wonder the same thing. There was never a need to buy new clothes unless I had something to go to or special occasion. Or, maybe I should rephrase that to an entire new wardrobe every second week.

I honestly feel like she either sells or returns or donates all the stuff that she is gifted, or that is included in sponsored videos after wearing it once for IG (aka to get paid/fulfill the contract Ts&Cs).

I worked from home for three years and I honestly wonder the same thing. There was never a need to buy new clothes unless I had something to go to or special occasion. Or, maybe I should rephrase that to an entire new wardrobe every second week.

I honestly feel like she either sells or returns or donates all the stuff that she is gifted, or that is included in sponsored videos after wearing it once for IG (aka to get paid/fulfill the contract Ts&Cs).
My life would be similar to Amie’s- i’ve been working from home since covid and also became a new mum last year so 98% of my wardrobe is not getting any action other than the one day a month I go to the office. My weekend wardrobe is basically athleisure since its generally spent with my toddler/other toddler mums. Other than a few “replenish purchases” (updating worn out items like shoes) i definitely had a dramatic decrease if not a total cease in personal clothing spending. i certainly have not purchased (or found any reason to purchase) any designer bags since 2019- my current collection (much smaller than Amie’s) definitely suffices for the rare “adults only” outings. I wonder if she’s in denial about the change in her life circumstance.

This is not just her but any of those luxury YouTubers. I just don't see their point of just buying luxury brands - which mostly are under the LVMH umbrella. There is no context, history, stories, or real opinions about design in terms of the items they "love".

I don't know if anyone ever paid attention to classicswithaquirk. She recently shut down her luxury YouTube channel, because she feels like there is nothing else for her to do but unboxing. She started by educating people about leather and its qualities because she restores vintage bags. Like what do those luxury YouTubers do? I watched Isabelle Ahn for a bit, she did have some interesting content about her being a dentist, but she has devolved into boringness.

I think I, maybe most of us find luxury bags intriguing. I didn't grow up with a lot and I'm at a point where I can afford luxury items, so doing research YouTube in hope that I can find one that suits me because those things are exxyyyy. Now I am just more confused than ever!