Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

cosey_nunt

Chatty Member
New to this thread, so Hi! 👋 Just had to come on and say something just to get it off my chest, and I have no idea if anyone else has mentioned it before🧐 but.....every time I watch this woman her head always looks independent from the rest of her body! I can't work out what's going on, but I always find it very distracting 😁 it's like it's too big or something.....it just kind of bobs around - like one of those nodding dogs or bobble head toys. I don't know how to describe it, it's just so bizarre🤣 surely it can't just be me who thinks this?

• Haha
Reactions: 17

eelaii

Chatty Member
No new videos in over a month? Looks like Amie is indeed taking that maternity leave after all. She was really in over her head when she said she won't take time off. The transition to motherhood is hard and you're kidding yourself when you say you're gonna jump right back to work.

Reactions: 15

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Thank you @missmousey and @just_S for the title suggestion. Had to shorten and change things a bit to fit the tattle format but the point still stands.

Recap (thanks @missmousey) from the last thread, but would be great if someone could sum up Amie's recent behaviour as well!

Amie and Dan moved to a house last year near Birmingham. Two rooms have been turned into IKEA showrooms for her bags and shoes. Gaps and lack of symmetry in shelving units show the difference between DIY and paying for quality bespoke units. Took her almost a year to buy a door for a toilet, but she was only too happy to continue buying Schnell bags in the meantime. She goes cheap in terms of home interiors and eating out to afford buying Schnell bags and designer shoes. She does not know her shoe size given photos of her ill-fitting toe box. Continues to demonstrate a limited vocab as is only capable of describing something as ‘really beautiful’ or ‘it’s stunning’ and ‘I absolutely love it’. Her style hasn’t evolved since 2015 as she continues to wear and buy skinny jeans, camis, OTS tops and OTK boots. Attempts to rock new looks but fails miserably. Harsh birthday cake-like make up and ramen hair mean her look is dated. Continues to have NO friends. Claimed to have had a recent birthday party with lots of friends but the amount of food was a giveaway. She has nowhere to go so ends up dressing up to goto the cinema and Nando’s; her idea of showing off her bags is to take pictures in the Costco parking lot and at the vaccination centre. Is always overdressed thinking it makes her look polished but it emphasises her poor taste in styling. She severely lacks any form of proper partnerships. Past partnerships have NOT lasted. Has not demonstrated longevity with most bags - as they tend to get sold after 6-12 months - so her reviews are not to be trusted. Churns her video content so expect repeat future videos around ‘looks that last’, ‘my favourite bags’, ‘classic bags’, ‘how to look expensive without spending a fortune’. Has to resort to giveaways to grow her follower base but that’s not working. Gets no freebies from brands, gets no invites to launches. Does not know colours that suit her skin tone, does not know how to style things together, is incapable of choosing exciting clothes. Is lazy at doing any research. Claimed to be interested in sustainability but recommended items where their manufacturing would have been damaging to the environment. Recommended a website (Cettire) without using them and where various individuals claimed they received fake designer items which raised more questions about Amie’s credibility.

Reactions: 15

danisaur

She has made a career in pretending to be rich and has fooled and continue to fool people with her "luxurious" lifestyle of constant buying and churning of expensive bags but shoddy furniture and home renovations.

It was funny, but I don't find it funny anymore when she is pretending to be a rich mom and wife while saddling her poor mother with domestic chores.

Speaking personally, I know mothers like Amie, who literally hand the baby over to others once she gives birth and pays no attention unless it is for photos. This can really wreck someone mentally. I am hoping I am wrong about her and she will learn to be a good mom when is called upon. I mean it is her first child after all and like many have pointed out, she is quite isolated as she is asking her followers for advice, so she hasn't mentally adjusted. Then again this is a big caveat, people do pick on moms for the tiniest mistakes and differences, but the criticism of her not wanting to take mat leave, continuing spendthrift shopping, and treating her own mother like a maid are all valid.

Reactions: 14

cutthebs!

I wonder if she’s had baby yet? It’s been a bit quiet on the old Insta. Love to see if she gets herself in that Self Portrait dress for new years. I’ll be very surprised if she does 🙄
I know what people mean when they say boy would be a better fit for her. She strikes me as the kind of mum who would compete with her daughter.

Reactions: 13

just_S

It goes to show Amie is still living out a fantasy life. From what i recall her original engagement ring was not “small” or “modest” (I mean, she happily admitted to gratuitously displaying it in her handbag shots since she got engaged). They both also went into detail on how Dan spent alot of time planning and co-designing it with a friend of his who is an actual jeweller.

To “upgrade” shows a lot about her messed up superficial values.

just_S

Hopefully she pulls her head out her arse post birth and makes some Mum friends. 🤞
She will likely try to one up all the mums pretending everything is going smoothly, bragging how “advanced” her baby is and focusing more on her appearance while everyone else is trying to find time to sleep…so no, i dont think she will make any more mum friends than she has current friends

• Angry

just_S

So she has upgraded her engagement ring!
Apparently. I never understood this- i personally find it tacky. I understand buying new jewellery to celebrate/commemorate milestone anniversaries but why “improve” on something that should be sentimental first and foremost?

danisaur

One error with the title, she can't afford "Schnell" anymore so she buys a bunch of other super expensive designer bags.

She did unbox a Speedy and personally I really like the bag. The reason why she got the bag because she went to a comedy show with Dan in London and the girl in front of her has the bag and she spent the whole show staring at it. -____-

Just wow, like how vapid has she become? Is her brain made out of emprent leather?

• Haha
  • Sick

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
A poster here suggested her, and thank you for that. I occasionally look at her channel because I really like her thought process. I cannot help but compare how Aileen treats her bags vs Amie. Amie leaves her bags in the brightest room with flimsy curtains, whereas Aileen's closet is clearly in a small dark room and she has blackout curtains and also keeps all her bags in their dustbags. Also, Amie constantly use the excuse that because she is in the UK and doesn't see that much sun so she can leave them out, I believe Aileen is based in the UK as well.

I know there is a debate on dustbags or no dustbags, but it is indisputable that you shouldn't leave your bags out in the sun.

Nice video! Haven't heard of her before but I like the thought behind some of her content.

I will say something seems a bit off with all these influencers who live in what looks like an Ikea catalogue, but spend tens and thousands of dollars on designer bags, accessories, and shoes that they only use for "special occasions." The whole thing just seemed very mismatched, when you own multiple Hermes or a dozen Chanel classic flaps, but live in a place that is furnished by Ikea and Aliexpress and are afraid of using your stuff. Can't help but think it's some internal desperation to come off as more well-off than they actually are and what that implies about their values.

danisaur

I can also imagine that birth must've been difficult. She went through a scheduled C-section which led her to believe that it will be easy. But there is a reason why c-sections are alternative to vaginal birth because it is still brutal on the body - for god sake they literally cut you open, if it is any other case it is a major surgery.

My best friend is a teacher in the US, she literally has to plan her pregnancy and estimate that the birth to be over the school holidays so she doesn't have to go back to work the day after she gives birth. Being able to take maternity leave is an economic and political privilege that a lot of women in the world don't get to enjoy. Spare me the Girl Boss bullshit Amie, if you want to be a mom, then actually be a mom, not saying you cannot have a career, you totally can, but doing the superficial hard work of "not taking leave" is different from developing a talent and improving your skills.

just_S

Bag sale coming up …. She must be hard-up for money to fund her next store fresh Chanel bag.
This is just embarrassing tbh 🫢
Pimping out her baby who she stuck in a storage room while she has 2 bedrooms dedicated to bags and clothes makes me angry.

Reactions: 12

just_S

Thank you @missmousey and @just_S for the title suggestion. Had to shorten and change things a bit to fit the tattle format but the point still stands.
Recap (thanks @missmousey) from the last thread, but would be great if someone could sum up Amie's recent behaviour as well!

Amie and Dan moved to a house last year near Birmingham. Two rooms have been turned into IKEA showrooms for her bags and shoes. Gaps and lack of symmetry in shelving units show the difference between DIY and paying for quality bespoke units. Took her almost a year to buy a door for a toilet, but she was only too happy to continue buying Schnell bags in the meantime. She goes cheap in terms of home interiors and eating out to afford buying Schnell bags and designer shoes. She does not know her shoe size given photos of her ill-fitting toe box. Continues to demonstrate a limited vocab as is only capable of describing something as ‘really beautiful’ or ‘it’s stunning’ and ‘I absolutely love it’. Her style hasn’t evolved since 2015 as she continues to wear and buy skinny jeans, camis, OTS tops and OTK boots. Attempts to rock new looks but fails miserably. Harsh birthday cake-like make up and ramen hair mean her look is dated. Continues to have NO friends. Claimed to have had a recent birthday party with lots of friends but the amount of food was a giveaway. She has nowhere to go so ends up dressing up to goto the cinema and Nando’s; her idea of showing off her bags is to take pictures in the Costco parking lot and at the vaccination centre. Is always overdressed thinking it makes her look polished but it emphasises her poor taste in styling. She severely lacks any form of proper partnerships. Past partnerships have NOT lasted. Has not demonstrated longevity with most bags - as they tend to get sold after 6-12 months - so her reviews are not to be trusted. Churns her video content so expect repeat future videos around ‘looks that last’, ‘my favourite bags’, ‘classic bags’, ‘how to look expensive without spending a fortune’. Has to resort to giveaways to grow her follower base but that’s not working. Gets no freebies from brands, gets no invites to launches. Does not know colours that suit her skin tone, does not know how to style things together, is incapable of choosing exciting clothes. Is lazy at doing any research. Claimed to be interested in sustainability but recommended items where their manufacturing would have been damaging to the environment. Recommended a website (Cettire) without using them and where various individuals claimed they received fake designer items which raised more questions about Amie’s credibility.
In addition, for her pregnancy announcement she smugly emphasises that she conceived naturally without trying too hard (despite giving away hints that she had reproductive assistance); continues to buy the same clothes she already has 2 closet rooms full of and is confused why they don’t fit after a week- Duh! Because you’re pregnant you halfwit! Also smugly tells viewers that she is not taking maternity leave and that Dan and her mum will “tag team” looking after the baby - translated: Amie will continue to online shop for iterations of junk she already owns while her mum is made to sleep in the tiniest room of the house designated as the baby’s nursery.

Finally, she and Dan got around to buying the dog they supposedly moved out of the city and bought a house for 🙄🙄- named Yoshi, he’s white to match her boring pinterest interiors and she is shocked at how difficult potty training a dog is after only 2 days.

Good luck to Amie’s baby- looks like he/she will be carted out for instagram/merch opportunities, just like her dog.

• Heart
  • Haha

danisaur

Honestly, I think it is better for Amie to have a son rather than a daughter based on how she behaves. Don't get me wrong, it is still a lose lose situation if she doesn't wise up and change soon, but at least with a son she won't try to mold him into her.

Can you imagine if she has a daughter who turns out to be a tomboy and doesn't care about anything Amie is interested in? The conflict and pressure that poor little girl will need to deal with, also the focus on image and appearance that girls and women are expected to deal with on a societal level, let alone a mom like Amie who only care about appearances?

cutthebs!

Yes, weird she said nothing about the birth, which makes me think it was a fucking train wreck and she’s struggling. Sure as shit, if it was an easy birth she’d be going on about what a great experience she had.
But no, let’s do our hair, put on our slap, and perpetuate that idea that that’s she perfect and lives the perfect life.

In the video flogging Lululemon I think she did have a bit of a bump, and bigger boobs because she said she was “nursing” which is an old fashion way of saying she’s breastfeeding. 🤷🏻‍♀️ She is very slim post birth but she is very narrow anyway, also it’s her first kid. As I’ve said before, I don’t think she ate enough during pregnancy which is why she had the big baby small bump bullshit, because she was concerned over her figure 🙄. Wait til the second kid, that’s the hardest one to bounce back from, that is if she chooses to have a second.

She’s going to bloody be one of those mums who starts working out straight away, which I disagree with. I know the NHS saying it’s fine to start working out 6 weeks after birth, it bloody isn’t btw. I know many women who got the green light from their doctors, six weeks post birth, go on a boot champ etc then end up with a prolapse. If this is you DONT DO IT. Relax, take a YEAR off, then after a YEAR think about doing exercise. Jesus what is this obsession about bouncing back, like piss off, the woman as created life, back off!

• Heart
She usually announces it first on her main account and the bags she is selling is pretty high for secondhand. They get snapped up very quickly though. I think recently she might have offloaded some of her bags through a reseller because the striking electric blue Chanel her brother got her is no longer there. Shame because that is actually really pretty.
If my brother bought me a Chanel bag there’s not a chance in hell I would sell that, my brother would be so upset if I did.

I loved that bag, it was absolutely stunning and I thought it made a nice change from all the pastel pinks. Personally I would have got rid of the bright white Chanel flap that she got the colour transfer but I guess it fits too beautifully in her show home.

Cassie112

I actually went through a similar phase to Amie. But a very very toned down version of it minus social media postings. All you do is end up with stuff you do not use or forget about. And a hit on your wallet.

The idea that a Chanel bag is an investment piece is a blatant lie. The purchaser had just turn liquid (money) into leather and metal and zippers (a bag worth thousands that may easily be lost due to theft, an accident, etc.) . Great if you can afford it and can afford to lose it. I sorely regret buying into this false and exahaustng lifestyle. Now I see it as being monetarily irresponsible and wish I had known better. Definitely not Amie's fault, but I made the mistake of accepting influence from her. I am not in debt and remain meaningfully employed but I think I would have been in a financially healthier state without the appearance of a glamorous lifestyle. I was definitely looking to fill a void too.

With global inflation and famine in specific regions, I stopped wearing high end brands... until the economy is optimally recovering back on its feet.

• Heart

T-time

Chatty Member
I think the big discrepancy comes from the bags. If you take things like a house and a bag Amie goes to Ikea for her house and Chanel for her bags. She has not enough money to frill up both parts of her life. I don't know about you but I think most of us grew up with "everything in moderation".

We know about the boot theory. We know that money can buy better quality. The thing is that if you buy quality it can handle stuff. People do not abuse a Chanel bag because they are (or where) supposed to last. And here comes Amie, buying quality for what? Going to Nando's and sit on a shelf? You do not need a quality bag for that. You do not need duplicates for that. But she does.

Bags are already seen as frivolous. If she had an Ikea interior with three bags, nobody would bat a lash. But she has a lot of bags and they are not even being used. It just looks like a woman who spends her money on the wrong things.

Part of it could also be our own bias in that. We can relate to the Ikea furniture but we can not relate to all the bags. We do not see the bags as hapiness but as a pile of money and therefore a bad investment. If this was not a room full of bags but her kids college fund it would look totally different.

I have no idea what my point actually is but I just wanted to ramble a bit. I still love bags but it got oversaturated. At first I could shrug it off but after the pandemic those big bag cellections seemed so meaningless, pointless, empty and wrong.