Charlotte Louise Taylor #7 Cheater, Bleater, Compulsive Eater

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
First time commenting here ..... I am getting so fed up of influencers posting attention seeking photos of themselves and their children in face masks!! Oh look at us, at a hospital appointment, in our masks ..... do they want a feckin pat on the back, a medal, an award maybe. You are in a hospital, wearing a mask, big deal ...... hospital staff have been wearing them for years albeit more so in recent months whilst you were sat at home with your meal tickets flogging all sorts of irrelevant crap in the middle of a pandemic!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
[QUOTE

Made the houses prectically a terrace. I'd be fuming. I'm assuming they've gone for the absolute minimum distance allowed.
And practically no Garden left either!! I’d have rather kept some outdoor space for my Kids & my laundry (nothing like going into Bed at night when you’ve hung your bedding outside to dry 😊 Gosh I’m getting old 😜)
Of course this will be the extension of all extensions!! And all done thanks to the hard work of Mama!!! Eh...no....thanks to her Children!!
I’d have been majorly pissed off if I’d been her neighbour!! They are going to hear every single sound from that House now!!

Reactions: 8
I’m sure they said they had to put obscure glazing on the side window as it overlooks next door. I wouldn’t be happy if I was the neighbour!

Reactions: 6
Their planning application was originally turned down. Wonder if the neighbours were the reason!

Edited to add, just found, the reason it was initially rejected was because of space! "inappropriate side extension- terracing", "cramped development" and inadequate space around buildings. Wonder how they got that overturned. Also, in the name Mr & MRS Taylor.

See how easy that is to find!

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
It's a terrible use of space. Absolutely horrendous. She should have taken at least two meters above the new extension for the upstairs space, and then used a lantern, or velux windows on the rest of the space. That lantern is going to make the kitchen unbearably hot in summer.

I don't know what architect she got to do the plans, but I had about 5 meetings, and many, MANY more emails about tiny details, in order to get our renovations exactly how I want them. If we're spending £80-100k on a first floor extension and full inside renovation then I'm going to get it completely right. It didn't cost any more for those extra meetings, and the architect told me when he thought something else would work better and equally I told him when I didn't like something.

I can't believe she's using such little space for the actual kitchen space. It's going to look like an afterthought.

[QUOTE

Made the houses prectically a terrace. I'd be fuming. I'm assuming they've gone for the absolute minimum distance allowed.
To be fair, in order for the tiny gap to happen, the neighbours also encroached far too close to the boundary. Neither should have been accepted at planning, and the neighbours one might have set a precedent.

My in-law’s had a lantern installed with their (relatively small) extension and now thoroughly regret it. They’re one of those ‘everyone else has got one so I have to have one’ trends and although they do look nice (until covered in bird tit), they make the space unbearably hot when the sun is out, even with all the bifold doors open. Charl was saying that’s the reason they couldn’t use the conservatory. She’s going to be gutted.

She says “she just loves the look of fresh plaster, it’s beautiful”.....WTAF?? 🙄

• Haha
I know it’s all about personal taste but I just can’t stand her gold taps that she has for the kitchen!

Reactions: 7
I do feel a bit sorry for her, she has been planning this reno for ages. Regardless of whether we agree to her job or not her & mark have saved for a long time they have been messed about by builders for the last 8(?) Months. Finally it's nearly done to find that the extention doesn't bring them the space they wanted or need.
Give it a few years and the will be either extending again over the top of the lanter roof so their master bedroom is big enough for something other than elves or moving
That kitchen is a waste of space, the master bedroom could of been amazing if they'd built over the top of the lantern light. Shame

Reactions: 6
There is more restrictions with double story extensions I believe.. It’s something to do with the angle and blocking light to next door. On the attached side, it’s very difficult to get planning permission for a double story extension, which is probably why they have only done the double story on the side where they are detached from next door. I don’t think it’s as a result of poor design in this case, more likely they couldn’t get permission to do a double story right across.

That being said I would have put the kitchen diner in the new extension, and turned the old kitchen into a snug living area with a sofa and tv. A bit like Emily Norris house.

Reactions: 2
I do feel a bit sorry for her, she has been planning this reno for ages. Regardless of whether we agree to her job or not her & mark have saved for a long time they have been messed about by builders for the last 8(?) Months. Finally it's nearly done to find that the extention doesn't bring them the space they wanted or need.
Give it a few years and the will be either extending again over the top of the lanter roof so their master bedroom is big enough for something other than elves or moving
That kitchen is a waste of space, the master bedroom could of been amazing if they'd built over the top of the lantern light. Shame
Saved for a long time?? No, she sold her kids’ privacy to pay for it! Her kids have funded this extension & she should be ashamed of that. 😡

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.