Charlotte Louise Taylor #7 Cheater, Bleater, Compulsive Eater

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find the lay out for the new kitchen so weird what was the point in doing a huge extention for that? The end result is a tiny bedroom, en suite that's big enough to be a family bathroom, a dark dingy utility which is oddly placed, a massive kitchen/diner to have the exact same lay out as her old one??? If it was me I would have got rid of the outside tap and moved it, brought the extention out to the same width as the old kitchen and had a massive galley style kitchen running the whole length of the wall and then where her fridge is now has a massive American fridge freezer and 2 larder cupboards either side and then a large island in the middle, got rid of the weird old window wall they've kept where the table used to be and had space for a big 8 person table and then had the tele and new sofa on the wall that leads onto the utility.
Personally I think shes wasted a shed load of money for a badly planned layout
Exactly! She loves cooking and being in the kitchen, why has she not made this the focal point of the extension.
The outside bin storage doesn’t make sense!
The utility has got no window. It’s going to be so dark in there.
And the bedroom looks small now, wait until she puts some furniture in there.
I wonder who done her plans for her and how much input she had, rather than make this a big family forever home I don’t think she’s gained that much space to be honest.

Reactions: 6
How much are we thinking? Price wise for this extention¿ 50k 75? Less (genuinally no idea. We just started to attempt to quote for our refurb and I'm SHOCKED at the prices. The small bathroom alone is 4k for fitting only 😭😭

• Wow
How much are we thinking? Price wise for this extention¿ 50k 75? Less (genuinally no idea. We just started to attempt to quote for our refurb and I'm SHOCKED at the prices. The small bathroom alone is 4k for fitting only 😭😭
I had an extension done 8years ago quite a bit bigger and ours cost 45k. So I reckon maybe about 50k plus. I know what you mean about a bathroom. We’ve just had our small en-suite redone and it cost £3,500!

Reactions: 1
God I was so confused then, I've been reading two threads 😂😂
Is the old one definitely closed now or does it need doing?

Charlotte is still as twee as ever I see 🤦‍♀️ she must be emotionally exhausted all the bloody time!

Reactions: 2
Exactly! She loves cooking and being in the kitchen, why has she not made this the focal point of the extension.
The outside bin storage doesn’t make sense!
The utility has got no window. It’s going to be so dark in there.
And the bedroom looks small now, wait until she puts some furniture in there.
I wonder who done her plans for her and how much input she had, rather than make this a big family forever home I don’t think she’s gained that much space to be honest.
I feel like she tried to cram everything she wanted into this house, rather than move to a larger house that she would be 100% happy with

Reactions: 5
See Fopperholic is advertising Readly now too. I always think a company loses credibility, the more desperate influencers they use. Maybe it makes good advertising sense, I dunno, but it puts me off.

Reactions: 10
I’m already looking forward to her post explaining (to tattlers) about why she decided to keep the kitchen exactly the same as it was before because it will be so, so lovely for the kids to have more space to play in the new extension. Also, the sink facing a wall. What’s that all about? Maybe she will put a mirror up so that she can stare lovingly at herself as she does the dishes for the twelfth time in a day. What an absolute waste... whoever designed that is laughing behind her back.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
What I really don’t get about her extension is that it’s two storey correct? But the upstairs addition has nothing underneath it, and the downstairs addition has nothing on top of it? Because she has bin storage and a lantern thing? Wouldn’t it be more space for your money to actually utilise space actually OVER BOTH stories on the additions?

I know nothing about extending admittedly!

Reactions: 11
What I really don’t get about her extension is that it’s two storey correct? But the upstairs addition has nothing underneath it, and the downstairs addition has nothing on top of it? Because she has bin storage and a lantern thing? Wouldn’t it be more space for your money to actually utilise space actually OVER BOTH stories on the additions?

I know nothing about extending admittedly!
Yes such a bad design I really would be crying if I was her. Every can see what a waste of space it is. I really thought the kitchen would be in the extension I don't see the point of it at all.....

Yes such a bad design I really would be crying if I was her. Every can see what a waste of space it is. I really thought the kitchen would be in the extension I don't see the point of it at all.....
Yeah she’s gained nothing downstairs, somewhere to put a dining table and sofa but she could already fit those things in before the extension? It does look nicer and more modern but also kinda generic as everyone has that bi fold door extension these days. She’s got the utility too I guess but you don’t live in that space, my utility is basically a big porch that was very cheap to add on to the back of the house.

And upstairs she’s gained a bedroom which is smaller than he average master bedroom, and an ensuite that she didn’t even want but was advised to install as it would be ‘expected’ if she ever re-sold? She harps on so much about it being a ‘forever home’ though!

Yeah she’s gained nothing downstairs, somewhere to put a dining table and sofa but she could already fit those things in before the extension? It does look nicer and more modern but also kinda generic as everyone has that bi fold door extension these days. She’s got the utility too I guess but you don’t live in that space, my utility is basically a big porch that was very cheap to add on to the back of the house.

And upstairs she’s gained a bedroom which is smaller than he average master bedroom, and an ensuite that she didn’t even want but was advised to install as it would be ‘expected’ if she ever re-sold? She harps on so much about it being a ‘forever home’ though!
I don't think they went with the best architect, when you are planning an extension you would want it to be perfect upstairs and downstairs and find the best way to maximise the space. Such a shame really... I feel like the utility room is in a bit of a weird place too, really seperate to the kitchen which in my opinion would feel odd (I've only ever had utility rooms in close proximity).... Hmm i don't like it can you tell 😂

Reactions: 3
I don't think they went with the best architect, when you are planning an extension you would want it to be perfect upstairs and downstairs and find the best way to maximise the space. Such a shame really... I feel like the utility room is in a bit of a weird place too, really seperate to the kitchen which in my opinion would feel odd (I've only ever had utility rooms in close proximity).... Hmm i don't like it can you tell 😂
I can tell but I don’t like it either tbh! And I do feel mean saying that, but it does look like she’s took a Pinterest photo and just handed it to an architect without really thinking about the space!

Agreed on utility placement, I used to have my washer and dryer in my shed and it was such a ballache being separate from the kitchen. Hers isn’t that bad to be fair!

Reactions: 2
I’m not a fan of the flat roof on the extension either, or that from the front, as the front door is on the side, is a glorified bin store?! I’d have been tempted to put a porch on the front, or something, and then could have created the space to move the stairs to serve the whole of the upstairs. I know it’d cost more/be more upheaval, but if you’re gonna spend £50k or something, you may as well wait and spend £60k to do it right! I’d worried about the kids falling up/down if they wanted to come through in the night!

The master bedroom is absolutely tiny.
I don’t think she will be able to get in a double, two bedside tables and a wardrobe let along a chest of drawers. What a mistake!I don’t think shemade it any bigger because she wanted to have space for the lantern window!
The extension has not been thought out. Kitchen is no bigger. She’s already got a lounge. The area could have house a much bigger dining table!
as for the utility, WHY no window? I don’t understand it!

Reactions: 7
I can't believe I've only just realised from trading here that the upstairs extension isn't on the downstairs one because of the sky light 😂😂😂 what a numpty I am 🤦‍♀️

So, what does the upstairs extension sit on then? Has the bin store/utility been built on go the side of the house?

I can't believe I've only just realised from trading here that the upstairs extension isn't on the downstairs one because of the sky light 😂😂😂 what a numpty I am 🤦‍♀️

So, what does the upstairs extension sit on then? Has the bin store/utility been built on go the side of the house?
There was some sort of garage there? Don't know if it all needed to be knocked own and rebuilt tho???

Oh so it's over the garage?
This must be costing a bloody fortune, I'm sure the garage wasn't even attached to the house, seems like even more work!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.