Charlotte Louise Taylor #7 Cheater, Bleater, Compulsive Eater

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her latest Instagram post she’s referred to her kids as her ‘big three’ - she lives in that much of a dream world that she thinks she’s living in the tv show This Is Us (where a set of triplets are referred to as the ‘big three’ and is a show she’s gone on and on about loving)
She is beyond pathetic!
I may be being too fussy but I don’t like the smallest two sitting on those Stools like that! All it takes is a split second to fall back and sustain a really nasty head injury! Surely she’d have thought to buy ones with backs on!! Then again those Stools were probably freebies!!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I may be being too fussy but I don’t like the smallest two sitting on those Stools like that! All it takes is a split second to fall back and sustain a really nasty head injury! Surely she’d have thought to buy ones with backs on!! Then again those Stools were probably freebies!!
No I'm the same. I see accidents before they happen and that is a disaster in the making 😔

Reactions: 13
I've finally watched a "renovation" video (the most recent one).

Here's where I think she's gone wrong with the kitchen:
  • The shape of the room is too "busy". Usually you'd have a square/rectangle, L shape, T shape. Every wall of her kitchen is different and it makes it look untidy and cluttered, just by where the walls are.
  • The downstairs loo should have gone in the utility room, and be reached from there or the hall. I know it's not a legality anymore, to have two doors between a kitchen and a loo, but who wants a toilet off their kitchen (It also messes up the walls, as said in the first point.) Just imagine Christmas dinner just being ready and just before it's being served someone goes for a poo and doesn't shut the door behind them properly.....:sick:
  • The boiler should have been moved. She has very little kitchen space. With all the work she's having done in there, and the fact that she's having an induction hob and not a gas one, there's no reason not to move it into the utility room. Leaving it in the kitchen looks cheap. The boarding looks terrible.
  • The kitchen area is too small. It feels really cramped. There's not actually much worktop space, as I'm pretty sure her hob is 1m wide. With the size of the island she shouldn't have gone wider than 80cm, or should have offset it. Why put the kitchen in the smallest, darkest space?
  • Why do all these instahuns refuse to have an extractor fan, especially with all the meat and oil she uses. It'll become a greasy mess in there. Wall extractors, like Katie Ellison has, does nothing for grease, like a hob extractor, and should be used in conjunction with one, not on it's own. Add to that there are no opening windows and, well, I'm glad it's not my kitchen.
  • The island isn't central and makes the kitchen look "off" when looking at it. There's no symmetry at all in that room (which makes it hard to be an instagram worthy room.)
  • There's no space for the family table. It'll end up too close to the island and it'll just be annoying and result in a load of bruised hips. It'll be impossible when having people over, to walk around the table, and will feel really cramped.
  • The utility room is a fantastic space, BUT, where's the natural light? Surely that could have been put in the plan.
  • The lantern window is going to turn that room into a furnace in the summer. As far as I can see it doesn't have any opening parts, which means it'll trap hot air. The only opening in that room is the bifold doors.
  • If she'd asked ANYONE they'd tell her how impractical corner cupboards are. Plus, the wall one being there alone, by itself looks really weird.
  • It might be the terrible filter she's using, but I think the kitchen looks really cheap. Not handpainted and custom, like she claims. The back board on the inside is a completely different colour to the sides and shelves. If I'd spent £20k on a kitchen then it'd be details like that that would really piss me off.
And lastly...not really about the kitchen but 🤷‍♀️
  • Those stools are incredibly impractical for Stan (and, I dare say, Daisy). I saw him sitting on a cushion eating supper, and it looked so dangerous. She admitted that her and Sharky had been pottering about nowhere near the kids. It's an accident waiting to happen when the cushion slips and he falls backwards and hits his head on the floor. Style over safety.

Reactions: 18
Completely agree, it seems wasted space and a room that doesn't really have a purpose. I would have made the kitchen bigger I.e. using the whole of the space, could have a sofa and TV at the end of that room if she wished, and then used the new extension to house a large dining table, with some stylish storage on the other side of the room for toys etc. Considering she loves to cook, I thought she would have had more space.

Agree on moving the boiler and the toilet. To be fair I probably would have binned the toilet, she has an ensuite upstairs now as well as the main bathroom.

The lantern light will make the room unbearable. We have a conservatory with a glass roof, its horrific in the height of summer. Even with blinds, because the roof let's so much heat in. We regret not having a actual roof and making it more of a room. I would have gone for something like Katie Ellison on her back room, a hard roof.

The master bedroom looks so small. I struggle to see how a double bed will fit in, let alone a wardrobe plus two bedsides. I am sure she had the hall stairs and landing carpeted not too long ago, she was saying it will have to be replaced. She could have timed that better as it seems to be money down the drain.

ETA, now they have cut the conifers down you can really see the supermarket carpark and floodlights!!

Reactions: 5
Haha what a surprise they are watching something whilst eating as usual. I guess a new tv will be going up soon the same as they had in the old space 😣

Reactions: 3
Surprised how much of the garden Charl has given up, considering the amount of time her poor bored children seem to spend in it!

Reactions: 4
Surprised how much of the garden Charl has given up, considering the amount of time her poor bored children seem to spend in it!
It was such a good sized garden. Now it's a bit "meh". I know they have the fenced off bit...but it's just that....fenced off....

Her latest Instagram post she’s referred to her kids as her ‘big three’ - she lives in that much of a dream world that she thinks she’s living in the tv show This Is Us (where a set of triplets are referred to as the ‘big three’ and is a show she’s gone on and on about loving)
She is beyond pathetic!
I remember when she crapped on about that show!! She's a drip. A full on drip.

Also why the hell would she put a cushion bigger than the stool seat down for Stan, he will misjudge where the seat actually is and fall off, she probably just put them up for a minute so she could get a picture though because we all know she's all for show.

Reactions: 7
She is beyond pathetic!
But...but...but... How are they her “big three” when there’s not a younger sibling below them? Surely that’s a term you use when you have a number of children, and then a baby. 🤷‍♀️

Plus...aren’t all the kids in This is us seriously messed up? I wouldn’t want to refer to my children after that (fictional) family 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 9
How many times does she think we want to see her holding a cup of coffee with her crappy new kitchen in the background. It’s boring. We don’t care.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
How many times does she think we want to see her holding a cup of coffee with her crappy new kitchen in the background. It’s boring. We don’t care.
It’s a “brew” don’t you know?! Yes, she must spend her life gazing wistfully out her kitchen window instead of entertaining her kids!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
A stool with a back be safer.
Like fact her kitchens not grey.
Annoyed me she so critical of a smug fridge.
We have 1 it's fine and everyone comments on it.

even with first coat of paint the kitchen looks discoloured still
that will just be the wash coat over the plaster. You mix paint & water and do a diluted first coat so that when you put the colour on it’s not patchy.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.