Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Super_Berry

VIP Member

His views on marriage don't exactly inspire confidence.
He doesn't want to get married and he doesn't want to marry her.
---
And then one of the things he likes about her is that she gets things done.
That says it all.
He's so inert.
---
She definitely wants to get married.
She's wasting her time.
It's not that he doesn't want to get married cause I understand a lot of people don't, but he doesn't even seem enthusiastic about their relationship. He could not seem less fussed about her if he tried and it's so painful to watch.

• Sad
Reactions: 7

rattlebat

I felt the same way as you guys about her content for the last year. I enjoyed her cabin renovations, I wish she showed more of that content. Or more of a daily content. I dont understand why she feels the need to make such long videos. She could easily make 15 min vlogs and I feel like that would be more entertaining, instead of the same 30 mins of cinematic shots of Svalbard. (dont get me wrong, Svalbard looks gorgeous but it does get a bit stale).

Hanna Spanna

VIP Member
So cheeky having a patreon! I know lots of influencers do, but it comes across as very entitled. I have left nice comments on her videos before, and not once has she replied or even liked it. She might like the odd one or two, but most of them are just ignored! It's not like she doesn't have time to respond! She could delegate it to Christoffe!

VNDO

Chatty Member
View attachment 2974668Interesting and correct comment on one of her recent reels, I doubt she’d take any notice though - there’s quite a few comments of this nature
Doesn't surprise me. How can you live 10 years in a country and barely speak a word of the language? It's quite shameful, honestly.
---
Didn't her mother also say they've only been to Svalbard once? It might be normal in their culture, but they don't seem very close.

Capri

I have no idea why some people buy YouTubers’ merch. This is so dumb… unless proceeds go to the charity or good cause this is a waste of $$. All their shite is made in China and there is a 400% mark up

• Wow

JulesWake

VIP Member
Her Portugal vlogs are a bust. Think of all the incredible places she could take the viewer. Various areas showing the culture, food, night scene, arts, Obidos an incredible hilltop village, Setubal Peninsula stunning cliff backed beaches, Evora a historical medieval town showcasing unbelievable architecture, The Minho traditional villages & wilderness trails delight. Yet she stays at her parents home, makes her coffee, has a swim, eats, works out, & includes a sponsor AD whilst she rambles.
A total waste to showcase so much, yet does not a damn thing. LazyAF.

• Haha

Capri

We need a drinking game for her videos (disclaimer; may make you very drunk very quickly!)
Take a shot every time:

She says the word cozy
She says the day/sky/weather is beautiful
Every time Christoffer seems distant to her
Taking to Grimm like a baby
Goes to the Husky Cafe
Explains what Polar night is
Buys something unnecessary

I’m sure you guys could come up with more!
What about shaking her duvet 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

Capri

Someone got killed by a polar bear last year, I don’t think she mentioned it. She just dismisses attacks as ‘they rarely happen’ and that they carry guns, She could have made an interesting video/ TikTok about the dangers of Svalbard but she just makes it seem like this ice/ snow island.
Screen Shot 2023-11-19 at 11.07.03 PM.png

This is what I was able to find. Only one attack in 2011 but it was a pretty bad one - killing 1 student and injuring several other people. Not sure if the online source is true but it does say the bear attacks on Svalbard are very rare.
I go to Alberta often and spend a lot of time in Banff. They also say there that bear attacks are rare but they do happen. However, it always happens to those who were either alone, not following the rules, or camping in the back country
---
I saw it was 11.30 pm but then it was 1pm so maybe she made a mistake when editing.
Her videos are so repetitive now. She does seem quite content without Christopher though. Perhaps she'll kick him out to liven up the content!
I honestly saw more chemistry between her and her male friend

JulesWake

VIP Member
When I first started watching her, I thought I'd found a channel that would be refreshing & off the beaten. She seemed different from other channels. Oh how wrong I was 😂 I can't watch any of her vlogs in their entirety. Feels like if you've seen one, you've seen them all. I'll give her credit on the Svalbard drone footage, but how many times can she post that.

Rosie Tatler

VIP Member
I don’t understand how she always makes a big thing about not being able to cook !

Her housemate is a chef and she has nothing to do all the hours of darkness , why doesn't she learn !

You know new content !

• Haha

Blockster

Christopher is away again! On a fun project! That made me laugh, he looks like he'd suck all the fun out of a room.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
that's why I unsubbed from her channel. It still pops up every once in a while but I just can't watch anymore.

"A Friday in Longyearbyen" is no different from her "a day in my life" and it's sad she cannot recognize that just changing the words doesn't change the repetitive content.
I can't watch any more at all.
The trouble is she lives in a really boring place tbh. I mean a handful of vlogs basically covers what you can do there. I did binge when I found her channel but it got so repetitive really quickly. Changeover from Summer to Winter and vice versa, the one supermarket (expensive), boat trip, cabin trip. Er that's it.
I've no idea what she could do to liven it up really. Maybe people like dull content 🤷‍♀️

AKW24

VIP Member
Aside from privacy concerns, it's interesting that she doesn't really interact with anyone on the island on camera. makes you wonder if they don't really like her much.

Blockster

Another very boring vlog. Nothing happens. Why is she airing her sheets at 11.30pm?
---
I think she has a lot to gain if she stops posting weekly. There's nothing going on in her life, so every week the videos are basically the same.
I saw it was 11.30 pm but then it was 1pm so maybe she made a mistake when editing.
Her videos are so repetitive now. She does seem quite content without Christopher though. Perhaps she'll kick him out to liven up the content!

• Haha

JulesWake

VIP Member
I found her channel a while back and loved it at first. But after a bit you realise that every video is exactly the same and as beautiful as their location is, even that level of beauty can tire when it's repetitive shots over and over.

It amazes me she manages to retain so many followers. She seems totally stuck in a rut with her content.
A lot of people I watch start off quite well...until their content seems repetitive (after watching many of their vlogs). They should listen to constructive criticism instead of blocking & or removing comments. I think the key take away for many is to watch a few, every so often. Or rotate other channels. It seems like hit or miss with Cecilia, with more miss than hit imo.

• Haha

Frost

I like her content and i enjoy watching it however I don't understand why her partner had to quit his job to help?
She said he handles the prints so basically he just prints the pictures she takes that she sells as prints? When I heard that I literally had to rewind because what exactly does he have to do other than hit the button ‘print.’
It’s silly and I think he will regret it….

• Haha