Cecilia Blomdahl (Sejsejlija)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
(Not too sure where to put this one as she's a
You Tuber and an Instagrammer so mods if you could assist? Thanks)

Loved watching her You Tubes over the past 2 years and follow her on Insta.

However , yesterday she seemed pretty desperate on her stories as now blaming algorithms for declining engagement and started asking subs as to what kind of content they want to see.

Alarm bells are ringing as she is now paying the price for selling her life on You Tube and is starting to behave accordingly and creating content for likes and audience response.
Youtubers who ask "what would you like to see" is the start of a worrying dependant relationship.

The harsh truth is that the content has become repetitive over the past 6 months or so - there's only so many polar nights and cabin retreats you can show as Svalbard life is limited to showing fresh content due to the climate restrictions.

For me, interest waned when her partner gave up his job about 6 months ago to "help" with the channel. That's when the authenticity went out of the window personally.

It's also worth noting that many of the female YouTubers with "beautiful atmospheric surroundings" e.g Jonna Jinton and The Cottage Fairy depend very heavily on parental help and have them living very close by. It's already been dislosed that JJ, when claiming to live off grid, was actually living in a studio on her parents land. And The Cottage Fairy eventually disclosed that her parents live next door.

Cecilia was berating Instagram algorithms yesterday as she needs a "paycheck". This from a woman who has just returned from a 3 week holiday at her parents Portuguese palatial seafront villa.

Interested on others thoughts.

Reactions: 11
(Not too sure where to put this one as she's a
You Tuber and an Instagrammer so mods if you could assist? Thanks)

Loved watching her You Tubes over the past 2 years and follow her on Insta.

However , yesterday she seemed pretty desperate on her stories as now blaming algorithms for declining engagement and started asking subs as to what kind of content they want to see.

Alarm bells are ringing as she is now paying the price for selling her life on You Tube and is starting to behave accordingly and creating content for likes and audience response.
Youtubers who ask "what would you like to see" is the start of a worrying dependant relationship.

The harsh truth is that the content has become repetitive over the past 6 months or so - there's only so many polar nights and cabin retreats you can show as Svalbard life is limited to showing fresh content due to the climate restrictions.

For me, interest waned when her partner gave up his job about 6 months ago to "help" with the channel. That's when the authenticity went out of the window personally.

It's also worth noting that many of the female YouTubers with "beautiful atmospheric surroundings" e.g Jonna Jinton and The Cottage Fairy depend very heavily on parental help and have them living very close by. It's already been dislosed that JJ, when claiming to live off grid, was actually living in a studio on her parents land. And The Cottage Fairy eventually disclosed that her parents live next door.

Cecilia was berating Instagram algorithms yesterday as she needs a "paycheck". This from a woman who has just returned from a 3 week holiday at her parents Portuguese palatial seafront villa.

Interested on others thoughts.
I used to adore Cecilia but as soon as her boyfriend stopped working a normal job and went in her payroll, it’s not been as good and I unsubscribed from her patreon. I also got very annoyed by the clickbait titles on YouTube and told her so when she started asking questions about what her followers want to see.

Also, such an odd couple.

Reactions: 10
Hi there, I really like her videos and find them peaceful but I agree. I was disappointed that her bf quit his job to ‘help’ her - it would have been far more interesting to share things about him and his job and their regular life instead of becoming complete sellouts. I never understand this, why not just do YouTube / Instagram on the side instead of putting all of your eggs in one basket? Why do they all quit their jobs and take such a huge risk? They then become desperate for money and it always shows.

Reactions: 8
I like her content and i enjoy watching it however I don't understand why her partner had to quit his job to help?

Reactions: 2
I like her content and i enjoy watching it however I don't understand why her partner had to quit his job to help?
Exactly. She appeared to have it under control before. I guess now he doesn’t have to do anything at all.

Reactions: 5
I loved her videos when I first found her but tbh there are so many times you can film the exact same video before it gets boring. Haven't watched her videos in months because of it

Reactions: 4
She said he handles the prints so basically he just prints the pictures she takes that she sells as prints? When I heard that I literally had to rewind because what exactly does he have to do other than hit the button ‘print.’
It’s silly and I think he will regret it….

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She said he handles the prints so basically he just prints the pictures she takes that she sells as prints? When I heard that I literally had to rewind because what exactly does he have to do other than hit the button ‘print.’
It’s silly and I think he will regret it….
Can she not print her own prints? 😂

She outsources her merch by the look of things so she’s only providing the artwork, and there are currently no prints on there (unless they’re somewhere else). So what the hell is he doing apart from fixing their boat and making cinnamon buns?!

She also has just over 400 patrons. If we guess they all pay the lowest rung at £2.50
That’s £1,000 a month she gets from there alone.
She’s quickly making herself super unlikable and it’s a shame.

That's a lot of money already. I know she always talks about how things are more expensive up there but she is making a few bucks off patreon and youtube. That would be pretty decent pay surely? 🤷🏻

Likewise, been following the videos for a year or two - definitely getting very samey and fed up of the clickbait.

You mention her parents Portugese mansion and references to other Youtubers/parents. I must make it clear I am in no way suggesting any involvement/support from her parents but if you knew her father was Gunnar Blohmdahl (full name "Per Gunnar Blohmdahl") the former CEO of Stena Shipping line (look him up - he appeared on Undercover Boss here in the UK a few years back) it might explain the Portugese mansion!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Likewise, been following the videos for a year or two - definitely getting very samey and fed up of the clickbait.

You mention her parents Portugese mansion and references to other Youtubers/parents. I must make it clear I am in no way suggesting any involvement/support from her parents but if you knew her father was Gunnar Blohmdahl (full name "Per Gunnar Blohmdahl") the former CEO of Stena Shipping line (look him up - he appeared on Undercover Boss here in the UK a few years back) it might explain the Portugese mansion!
That’s incredible information. There’s definitely a different attitude to life when you know money is no object and cecilia is the epitome of someone who’s never had to worry about her finance. When she was doing her supermarket shop and was revealing the price of an avocado as she placed four in her basket, laughing about letting the last batch go rotten. Says a lot.

Reactions: 9
Puts a new context on to it doesnt it ;)

She acknowledges it in the comments of this video

Part of the original Stena program is online

Plenty of photos of dad on the web given his role.

I feel likewise about her, it’s weird that her boyfriend gave up his job to “work” for her…don’t want to sound mean but her boyfriend oozes laziness, like he wouldn’t do anything on his own unless you tell him what to do. Cecilia is out there being cheerful and lively while Christopher just sits. Obviously we don’t see anything they do but it feels like it.🤷🏻‍♀️

I don’t know why she’s not going back to work in the clothes shop or does something else in part time, she’s always seems happy there, spending time with other people and being out and about, it would be good for her. They already live an isolated life there and YouTube and not having a normal 9 to 5 job just isolates them even more.

I understood he left his job because they wanted to travel to cabins and stuff and *create* content. They travel, but the only thing they do is drink coffee here and there. They live in a small but kinda exotic place; I guess there's more to show out there.

What makes me nervous is how easily she says she spends a thousand euros in Ikea every other month. Shippings are terribly expensive up there, and she keeps ordering rugs and furniture to be placed somewhere for a month and then *who knows*.

Reactions: 5
I felt the same way as you guys about her content for the last year. I enjoyed her cabin renovations, I wish she showed more of that content. Or more of a daily content. I dont understand why she feels the need to make such long videos. She could easily make 15 min vlogs and I feel like that would be more entertaining, instead of the same 30 mins of cinematic shots of Svalbard. (dont get me wrong, Svalbard looks gorgeous but it does get a bit stale).

Reactions: 7
Fully agree with the above. I’d love to see more of the day to day life in Svalbard, and stories of people who live there. I saw a video where she said she’d do more stories on locals, not sure if that was an old video or not but I hope she does.

Reactions: 7