Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rosie Tatler

VIP Member
Does she and her bloke actually ever have any fun ?

Theres so little to do there you would think they would all have parties at home , themed dinner parties , BBQ’s in the light nights , sing some karaoke etc , never mind a polar bear getting you I would die of boredom !

I’ve seen more life in a bunch of 80 year olds !

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Azure

I used to love her channel and remained subscribed even as it got more repetitive, I would still watch the occasional video. But over the past year I've found her so difficult to watch. I can't quite put my finger on it, it's kind of like she's condescending in the way she speaks to the viewer. Also, I'll admit I speak to my pets in a different voice but she takes it to another level and will film several minutes of her talking with her dog every video, it's unwatchable. Anyways I unsubscribed today and googled her name + annoying and happy to hear I'm not the only one that finds her to be bland.

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
so, what will her theme be for the next video?

View attachment 2517307

struggling with polar nights
mental health
living a day in the endless nights
what's my job
my morning/afternoon/evening routine
what's it like without daylight
storm...
food costs
Lol. When I first came across her channel, I thought that it was really amazing - that was until I watched a few of her vlogs and realised that she's an incredibly boring person and the same content is used over and over and over.

rattlebat

I havent been following Cecilia in forever, and it seems i havent missed a damn thing. Still rehashing the same old 4 video ideas over and over. She truly is stuck in a groundhog day.

• Haha

Muh

Cecilia’s father was a CEO, not owner of the ferry line.

About Julia - I know everything you are writing about. She is Social Media Director for Swiss Armed forces, that’s confirmed by her. Everything else, including her martial status is a speculation.
Fucking hell - I can't imagine that job being too demanding.
All the Swiss army must do is march about before scoffing some Toblerones - followed by an afternoon snooze.

• Haha

notspon

Posts video about budget

Spontaneously books flights to Portugal for next day

• Haha

dodo789

Chatty Member
I don’t know what she thought, Christoffer is one of those guys, that with him you get what you see…fgs she’s the one who calls him, her ‘Mountain Man’, what did she imagine!? He’s older and probably moved to Svalbard with a reason, and that reason wasn’t the insta aesthetics…he’s living the same way he did before, just with Cece and now she payrolls his comfortable and solitary life.🤣

• Haha

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
So true^
If she moved out of Svalbard, would people bother with her channel? She produced next to nothing when in Miami.
Like most other people when I came across her channel I thought that it was amazing - should be an interesting place/ living somewhere quite different/ good quality filming but by the time that you cycle though her rinse and repeat playlist of long polar night/ what things cost at the supermarket costs/ day in the life etc, along with the endless schreeching of Greeeeeeeeeeeeem you realise how totally boring that she is and she just makes very minimal effort.

• Haha

roarke

VIP Member
Likewise, been following the videos for a year or two - definitely getting very samey and fed up of the clickbait.

You mention her parents Portugese mansion and references to other Youtubers/parents. I must make it clear I am in no way suggesting any involvement/support from her parents but if you knew her father was Gunnar Blohmdahl (full name "Per Gunnar Blohmdahl") the former CEO of Stena Shipping line (look him up - he appeared on Undercover Boss here in the UK a few years back) it might explain the Portugese mansion!
That’s incredible information. There’s definitely a different attitude to life when you know money is no object and cecilia is the epitome of someone who’s never had to worry about her finance. When she was doing her supermarket shop and was revealing the price of an avocado as she placed four in her basket, laughing about letting the last batch go rotten. Says a lot.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I used to love her channel and remained subscribed even as it got more repetitive, I would still watch the occasional video. But over the past year I've found her so difficult to watch. I can't quite put my finger on it, it's kind of like she's condescending in the way she speaks to the viewer. Also, I'll admit I speak to my pets in a different voice but she takes it to another level and will film several minutes of her talking with her dog every video, it's unwatchable. Anyways I unsubscribed today and googled her name + annoying and happy to hear I'm not the only one that finds her to be bland.
I started watching her about a month ago and binge watched several, as the lifestyle was initially so different and interesting.
Then it just got quite dull quite quickly.
And my main problem is as you say - the way she talks to her dog. The shrieking babyish 'GREEEEEM!!!!' every time she sees him. I mean every time. Like nails down a blackboard.
Christopher's sullen silent presence as she perkily rabbits away trying to include him is entertaining though 😂
And it is fascinating (for a short time) how they go for hours on skidoos (?) for a break in grotty cold drafty cabins with polar bears nearby, when the skiing and views appear identical to their home. Ditto staying on their moored boat in some unattractive cove.

• Haha

Blockster

I remember watching one video of christofer and cecilia on one of their boat trips and he was his usual grumpy self and she was all happy and talking at 100mph and I suddenly saw a loneliness in her, it was like she was talking to herself and he wasn't there, really hard to explain, I think she gets more conversation out of Grim!

StrawberryBanana90

Chatty Member
IMG_2639.jpeg
Interesting and correct comment on one of her recent reels, I doubt she’d take any notice though - there’s quite a few comments of this nature

Spinidge

VIP Member
I'm glad I found this thread! I too used to enjoy her videos but it's just so repetitive and boring now. My guess is she gets paid by the tourist board to promote Svalbard as a destination for travellers because what is the point of those two being there?

She annoys me so much now with that awful high pitched American accent, and the way her talons nearly poke out Grim's eyes when she vigorously strokes his face. Not to mention 'Mountain Man' Christoff permanently slumped on that sofa in clothes she's put him in.

• Haha

Frost

Hi there, I really like her videos and find them peaceful but I agree. I was disappointed that her bf quit his job to ‘help’ her - it would have been far more interesting to share things about him and his job and their regular life instead of becoming complete sellouts. I never understand this, why not just do YouTube / Instagram on the side instead of putting all of your eggs in one basket? Why do they all quit their jobs and take such a huge risk? They then become desperate for money and it always shows.

Reactions: 8

Blockster

We need a drinking game for her videos (disclaimer; may make you very drunk very quickly!)
Take a shot every time:

She says the word cozy
She says the day/sky/weather is beautiful
Every time Christoffer seems distant to her
Taking to Grimm like a baby
Goes to the Husky Cafe
Explains what Polar night is
Buys something unnecessary

I’m sure you guys could come up with more!
The endless cups of coffee.

• Haha

Roma890

Seems like the Universe is trying to tell her to give it up.....the sun didn't even bother making an appearance for the end of Polar Nights Celebrations yesterday.

She just doesn't have the range of material that someone like Jonna Jinton does - Jonna and her husband have a very successful jewellery making business, Jonna has her Art, she is a Gardener, always has a project on the go. Glorious Midsummer's and harsh winter's make her content varied and stimulating.

Cecilia walks Grim, has coffee, goes to the gym....there's very little else you can drag content out of. Like others has said, the constant repetitive videos are starting to make life in Svalvard look unattractive, bleak and boring. I personally couldn't live more than a year in an environment with no trees, no wildflowers, just no lush greenery whatsoever..