Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Capri

I cracked up when she said he is like a Viking or something - more like a gnome. I can’t believe how short he is compared to her or maybe she is just tall?
I am always looking for things to cure my motion sickness so I went ahead and ordered those motion sickness patches that helped her. At least her vlog was useful to me lol

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Fraggle

One thing I have noticed is how her boyfriend has been more affectionate than he used to be in recent vids. I wonder if she’s been reading comments here and has been instructing him to cuddle her in some shots so it makes them look like they are a happy couple instead of just cabin roommates.

• Haha

dodo789

Chatty Member
If I have to see her “scandinavian life hack“ for good sleep again I will go crazy…it popped up so many times now on every platform I go to. Yeah, it’s probably nice since she lives in the middle of nowhere with clear air but even though I have barely any neighbours, if I would attempt this ”hack” the only thing I would achieve is, duvets that smell like putrid smoke 🤣🤣

JulesWake

VIP Member
OT I've sadly re read some of the shite I've posted here & think what the hell was I trying to say...I attempt to make sure what I'm about to post makes sense, yet clearly I miss the mark 😂

Should have read: When I first started watching her I thought I found a channel that would be refreshing & off the beaten path.
She does quite well vlogging the beauty of Svalbard but I'm certain she has more than enough video showing exactly the same thing. Miami kind of solidified it for me, as she had no content. Just spliced together a jaunt to a cafe, a kayak moment, shopping at Outdoor World, with her typical ending of a lot of talk about nothing. I've been skimming most of her recent uploads. Reading here about her current vlogs is much more entertaining. Hats off to everyone who takes one for the team😜

• Haha

dodo789

Chatty Member
I feel likewise about her, it’s weird that her boyfriend gave up his job to “work” for her…don’t want to sound mean but her boyfriend oozes laziness, like he wouldn’t do anything on his own unless you tell him what to do. Cecilia is out there being cheerful and lively while Christopher just sits. Obviously we don’t see anything they do but it feels like it.🤷🏻‍♀️

I don’t know why she’s not going back to work in the clothes shop or does something else in part time, she’s always seems happy there, spending time with other people and being out and about, it would be good for her. They already live an isolated life there and YouTube and not having a normal 9 to 5 job just isolates them even more.

susan1375

Chatty Member
I actually feel sorry for her. She looks like she could be fun and is knowledgeable about the area. Her and grim could d a great series exploring the island by themselves. Christophe doesn’t seem interested. I watched a yt vid of her and grim exploring the walk up and entrance to a mine. They were having fun and it was interesting. C just looked bored and stayed at the bottom of the hill, with the gun, the whole time.

Muh

Wow - her parents really are loaded.
I just looked at her instagram.

She got her hair cut. Well - about half a centimetre off.
GIRL - YOU NEED A FRINGE.

She is in dire need of a shorter length and a goddamn fringe.

• Haha

Capri

I don't see them growing old together. I think she will eventually get bored on Svalbard. In the last Q&A it was obvious she might be ready to leave in a few years. She will probably move to Portugal but what will he do there? She will realize her content is repetitive. It happens to a ton of YouTubers. I know maaaany examples. Julia Graf who is also childfree from Switzerland had 1 mil subscribers, her content got repetitive. Eventually she got divorced (her husband didn't like YouTube) and got a normal job. She was only getting 5k views at the end of her YouTube carrier. The same can happen to Cece. Christoffer will become even more lethargic closer to 50. I can't imagine him being an active parent playing with 1-2 kids. He is a creature of a polar night - he likes eating and sleeping.

Opposites attract is just some random saying someone made up which is not always true IMHO. In reality partners have to have a lot in common to move forward in their relationship. If they are so different, it can cause resentment. You can see that they have communication issues. Christoffer is a man of a few words, he probably bottles it all up. Would be interesting to see what happens to them in 5-10 years. I unsubscribed from Cece long time ago but I will be checking in just out of curiosity.

Last edited:

MissFinn

VIP Member
Oh, I'm sure there's plenty of options!

"How I deal with daylight 365 days a year"
"Summer is coming: How Swedish people deal with the heat"
"Hurricane season in Miami | What it's really like"
"Fall is coming | Appartment reset day"
"We almost died: Hurricane season in Miami, Florida"
"What I eat in a day in Miami"
"Differences between Miami and Svalbard"
"A day in my life in Miami, Florida"
"First time I saw an alligator!"
"What we spend on groceries in Miami, Florida"
"My first winter without seeing polar lights ever"
"Donating 80% of my winter wardrobe, here is what I kept"
"What has changed after moving to Florida"
"Do we miss Svalbard Q&A"
"Does my boyfriend enjoy being in Miami?"
"What Grim eats in a day in Miami"
"How we deal with heat and humidity in Miami"
"Costs of living in Miami, Florida"
"Winter in Miami vs. winter in Sweden"
"What we like about Miami and what we don't like"
"The reality of living in Miami, Florida"
"A day in Grim's life here in Miami, Florida"
"The hottest day of the year!""
"Polar night is here but I am not"
"Visiting Svalbard on Christmas"
"Are we planning to go back to Svalbard?"
"My daily workout routine at 40°C"
... :rolleyes:
You nailed it 😂😂🤣🤣🤣 should you try influencing??? Very catchy content 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ps. Yeah I think so too that they would enjoy somewhere like the bffs. I just somehow dont think hes that into starting a family etc. I think Yeah She runs everything moneywise etc but hes not that bothered with her that he would do all She wants asap at her "timetable". Dont know just the vibe I get.
Ps. How do you spell his name I spell it different every time 😂😂

• Heart

MissFinn

VIP Member
Have to admit. She has a bit of a niche for certain video subjects.

View attachment 2663776

Yeah and she makes heaps of money out of this! In a way Im like wow To her! If I would perform this way at my Job I would get sacked 🙈🤣🤣 ps its fascinating that People are that into To this content that is rinse and repeat and snooze. Like I said I come from cold and dark its not very exiting its Boring during darkness! When it gets too cold its annoying as you cant ski/skate cause its too damn cold To be out.
Imagine her in her 30s (is she🤨) no friends no family no hobbies (one gym) no actual Job with workmates. She sits inside the cabin all day long! Its must be so so Boring and thats why She acts all manic and hyper

Duhlicious

Holy cow I turned on their live and her unedited is wild. She doesn't stop talking and she interrupts herself.. Idk how Chris deals with her

• Haha

Hanna Spanna

VIP Member
I think she wants to keep Svalbard hers, because it's her UPS. She probably gets annoyed when other influencers visit the island. I guess she has the upper hand in the sense that she lives there and has done for several years, but I get the feeling she doesn't like sharing it.

Blockster

This week's vlog of them decorating the tree, I wish I could link it but she says something to him and he holds her gaze for a couple of seconds says nothing and carries on with the tree, it was so awkward.

• Haha

Hanna Spanna

VIP Member
I actually don't mind Christoffer, he seems very laid back and chilled. The opposite of her! I just don't know how he puts up with her! They are so different. Can't imagine being trapped on a tiny boat with her!

Hanna Spanna

VIP Member
Agree! There is so much of Portugal she could showcase! Yet she just films herself prancing about on the balcony, making coffee and a few drone shots! Basically the same as Svalbard minus the snow. Films herself doing a taste test of some cream cheese on a burnt bagel! Riveting stuff!

Last edited:

Capri

So, I recently watched another youtuber called walkwithmetim, he visits lots of different places and rates hotels, good and bad. Recently he visited Svalbard and stayed in the islands only hotel. A few people commented about Cecelia living there, and he responded, saying that he had reached out to her - her response was 'I'll pass'. There was quite a bit of backlash for her.
Wow thanks for sharing… I guess we were right about her stuck up personality

Attachments

JulesWake

VIP Member
yeah never posted anything on her youtube channel. she posted some stories on IG or tiktoc but that was it.

so she got exposure via K&N's video but didn't do the same back.
That's a dick move.
Karma at warp speed should sort her out...or not.

MissFinn

VIP Member
Its beyond funny 😂😂Like for real her content truly is polar night and then light summer. Now its all its so dark bla bla🥶how many years will she repeat this cycle of all the same vids on and on again. I wish I could perform this low at my job I can only dream 🙈 woah her life kinda seems lonely and boring as hell.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
yeah never posted anything on her youtube channel. she posted some stories on IG or tiktoc but that was it.

so she got exposure via K&N's video but didn't do the same back.
I get the impression she wants to present Svalbard as extremely hardcore and isolated (which it probably is tbh) and only suitable for a few people.
So YTers coming there, staying at 5 star hotels and seeing it as a jolly jaunt goes entirely against what she is trying to present.
Obviously being there all year round is a very different proposition to a cosy luxury weekend away - but Cecelia really wants to gatekeep it and not promote it as a tourist destination imo.