Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hanna Spanna

VIP Member
So, I recently watched another youtuber called walkwithmetim, he visits lots of different places and rates hotels, good and bad. Recently he visited Svalbard and stayed in the islands only hotel. A few people commented about Cecelia living there, and he responded, saying that he had reached out to her - her response was 'I'll pass'. There was quite a bit of backlash for her.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

AKW24

VIP Member
She must really like this picture of herself holding a lantern. Didn't go back to see if she used it more.

1701714854364.png
1701714871261.png
1701714905147.png

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Nupy

Can you imagine the weekly vlog though? The weather in miami is pretty warm all year round bar the odd hurricane. No polar night or day. How boring would that be?
Oh, I'm sure there's plenty of options!

"How I deal with daylight 365 days a year"
"Summer is coming: How Swedish people deal with the heat"
"Hurricane season in Miami | What it's really like"
"Fall is coming | Appartment reset day"
"We almost died: Hurricane season in Miami, Florida"
"What I eat in a day in Miami"
"Differences between Miami and Svalbard"
"A day in my life in Miami, Florida"
"First time I saw an alligator!"
"What we spend on groceries in Miami, Florida"
"My first winter without seeing polar lights ever"
"Donating 80% of my winter wardrobe, here is what I kept"
"What has changed after moving to Florida"
"Do we miss Svalbard Q&A"
"Does my boyfriend enjoy being in Miami?"
"What Grim eats in a day in Miami"
"How we deal with heat and humidity in Miami"
"Costs of living in Miami, Florida"
"Winter in Miami vs. winter in Sweden"
"What we like about Miami and what we don't like"
"The reality of living in Miami, Florida"
"A day in Grim's life here in Miami, Florida"
"The hottest day of the year!""
"Polar night is here but I am not"
"Visiting Svalbard on Christmas"
"Are we planning to go back to Svalbard?"
"My daily workout routine at 40°C"
... :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 13

DissectingTheBS

(Not too sure where to put this one as she's a
You Tuber and an Instagrammer so mods if you could assist? Thanks)

Loved watching her You Tubes over the past 2 years and follow her on Insta.

However , yesterday she seemed pretty desperate on her stories as now blaming algorithms for declining engagement and started asking subs as to what kind of content they want to see.

Alarm bells are ringing as she is now paying the price for selling her life on You Tube and is starting to behave accordingly and creating content for likes and audience response.
Youtubers who ask "what would you like to see" is the start of a worrying dependant relationship.

The harsh truth is that the content has become repetitive over the past 6 months or so - there's only so many polar nights and cabin retreats you can show as Svalbard life is limited to showing fresh content due to the climate restrictions.

For me, interest waned when her partner gave up his job about 6 months ago to "help" with the channel. That's when the authenticity went out of the window personally.

It's also worth noting that many of the female YouTubers with "beautiful atmospheric surroundings" e.g Jonna Jinton and The Cottage Fairy depend very heavily on parental help and have them living very close by. It's already been dislosed that JJ, when claiming to live off grid, was actually living in a studio on her parents land. And The Cottage Fairy eventually disclosed that her parents live next door.

Cecilia was berating Instagram algorithms yesterday as she needs a "paycheck". This from a woman who has just returned from a 3 week holiday at her parents Portuguese palatial seafront villa.

Interested on others thoughts.

Reactions: 12

Hanna Spanna

VIP Member
So glad i found this thread. I used to love her, but just find her super annoying now! Agree she seems rather fake. One of the things that grates on me, is she never bothers to reply to any of her comments. She comes across as spoilt, like money is no object and that's unrelatable. Her vlogs are definitely repetitive, there is only so much she can film on that island, Albeit is very beautiful there! Also think she and Christoffe are an odd couple. In her most recent vlog she was talking about how much she enjoyed being single and how she loves her alone time, so I wonder if she'll stay with him.

Reactions: 12

Fraggle

We need a drinking game for her videos (disclaimer; may make you very drunk very quickly!)
Take a shot every time:

She says the word cozy
She says the day/sky/weather is beautiful
Every time Christoffer seems distant to her
Taking to Grimm like a baby
Goes to the Husky Cafe
Explains what Polar night is
Buys something unnecessary

I’m sure you guys could come up with more!

• Haha
Reactions: 11

GrittyFacedBoo

Chatty Member
When I started watching her, I knew almost immediately that she would likely become repetitive since Svalbard is so tiny and there’s only so much you can do. At the same time, though, I had high hopes. One thing I started to hate was when she would be filming something beautiful, like the landscape, but all we could see as the viewer is her face as she admired herself in the screen of her camera.

Even when she went to Portugal to visit her parents, I felt like we didn’t really get to see much. Just her splashing around in the pool, ads for NordVPN or some game she’s playing on her phone, and a walk around the neighborhood with her mom. Adding in little trips to the cabins in the winter, and boat trips in the summer doesn’t seem all that exciting either.

I think she’s fallen into the same pit of boringness that all full-time YouTubers find themselves in. Once they decide they can “make a living” from YouTube, with some Patreon support, they seem to quit trying and only churn out mediocre content.

Reactions: 11

roarke

VIP Member
(Not too sure where to put this one as she's a
You Tuber and an Instagrammer so mods if you could assist? Thanks)

Loved watching her You Tubes over the past 2 years and follow her on Insta.

However , yesterday she seemed pretty desperate on her stories as now blaming algorithms for declining engagement and started asking subs as to what kind of content they want to see.

Alarm bells are ringing as she is now paying the price for selling her life on You Tube and is starting to behave accordingly and creating content for likes and audience response.
Youtubers who ask "what would you like to see" is the start of a worrying dependant relationship.

The harsh truth is that the content has become repetitive over the past 6 months or so - there's only so many polar nights and cabin retreats you can show as Svalbard life is limited to showing fresh content due to the climate restrictions.

For me, interest waned when her partner gave up his job about 6 months ago to "help" with the channel. That's when the authenticity went out of the window personally.

It's also worth noting that many of the female YouTubers with "beautiful atmospheric surroundings" e.g Jonna Jinton and The Cottage Fairy depend very heavily on parental help and have them living very close by. It's already been dislosed that JJ, when claiming to live off grid, was actually living in a studio on her parents land. And The Cottage Fairy eventually disclosed that her parents live next door.

Cecilia was berating Instagram algorithms yesterday as she needs a "paycheck". This from a woman who has just returned from a 3 week holiday at her parents Portuguese palatial seafront villa.

Interested on others thoughts.
I used to adore Cecilia but as soon as her boyfriend stopped working a normal job and went in her payroll, it’s not been as good and I unsubscribed from her patreon. I also got very annoyed by the clickbait titles on YouTube and told her so when she started asking questions about what her followers want to see.

Also, such an odd couple.

Reactions: 10

Capri

I feel an urge to grab him and shake him to see if he wakes up. He's awake, but it's like his mind is elsewhere
He acts and looks like someone without any initiative. What do you mean at 40+ you can't even decide if you want ot have kids or not. I think it's more like he doesn't care and someone like this shouldn't have kids.
Cece doesn't understand but she almost said it in her Q&A that if he was more decisive they would have had kids already lol
I wouldn't want to have kids with someone who is so meh and blase about such important staff.
I think he doesn't want to disrupt his life. Them not getting married is the same thing. I understand it might not be important to all people but to most it is.
Surely Cece would be happy if he proposed (she is pretty basic) and nothing wrong with that! But he is probably saying the same thing - sure, if you want to we can get married, but who wants to get married like this? It's like there is no passion. He is dead inside.
I would lose my mind with someone like this. Tbh I'd rather hang out with Cece because she is still alive lol
And this part about growing old together...She might have to take care of him. He is already obese and looks like he is 50. I doubt he eats super healthy.
He is not sure about anything she asks. She is like - would be nice to live in Portugal half a year. And he is like - yeah, sure sure, nice place
What a fruitful conversation

• Heart

Roma890

The majority of people who live there are transient - either doing Environmental Research or just trying something different out for a while.

I just get rich Daddy vibes from her. She's "playing" at living this extreme life because Daddy will always bail her out when she gets bored of it.

They seem incredibly mismatched but who knows what attracts them to one another - what I don't like is that she practically forces him in front of the camera when it's obvious he's uncomfortable with it. But when the Missus supports you and buys you big boats to play with you really don't have a choice.

lilyannrose

VIP Member
I found her channel a while back and loved it at first. But after a bit you realise that every video is exactly the same and as beautiful as their location is, even that level of beauty can tire when it's repetitive shots over and over.

It amazes me she manages to retain so many followers. She seems totally stuck in a rut with her content.

• Heart

formerly_sitkx

Chatty Member
Trust me shes vain. She orders crap from amazon just to have a cosy blanket and has closet full of winter coats 😂 it started to get worse when she became fulltime yt.

Ps. They seem so mismatched with him 🙈
she also said she doesn’t mind replacing her rugs once a YEAR because they cost $250…which in my opinion is so out of touch

• Haha

Blockster

I haven't watched Cecilia for weeks because of the repetitive vlogs but they still show up on my YouTube feed and surprise, surprise today's upload is how much her shopping costs! Who cares? We know an avocado is the price of a small bungalow! It's so boring. Is she rubbing people's nose in the fact she can afford a months rent on food? It's really bizarre.

AKW24

VIP Member
so, what will her theme be for the next video?

1697633153984.png

struggling with polar nights
mental health
living a day in the endless nights
what's my job
my morning/afternoon/evening routine
what's it like without daylight
storm...
food costs

• Haha

Muh

Her response to him is quite abrupt, for sure. She could have rephrased that.

But she didn't want to meet him.

She's not his indentured servant and she is under no obligation to meet up with some guy - just because he says so.

Why should she be beholden to meeting him?

It's all a bit penis privilege.
She said no - he doesn't like it and then he gets all butt hurt.

sam.vimes

Likewise, been following the videos for a year or two - definitely getting very samey and fed up of the clickbait.

You mention her parents Portugese mansion and references to other Youtubers/parents. I must make it clear I am in no way suggesting any involvement/support from her parents but if you knew her father was Gunnar Blohmdahl (full name "Per Gunnar Blohmdahl") the former CEO of Stena Shipping line (look him up - he appeared on Undercover Boss here in the UK a few years back) it might explain the Portugese mansion!

• Wow
Reactions: 9

Duhlicious

The launch day video, Christopher barely replies to anything she says and he looks annoyed about her talking about getting drunk. 😂 If I had her personality and my spouse barely engaged with me id be miserable

Also her eating the raw dough? Wtf?

Last edited:
  • Wow

Blockster

It's really dull now, it's like she's just appealing to new viewers. Perhaps it's a rotation of new people watching and the old ones dropping off. I can understand if you come across her channel for the first time it's a real novelty but I'm done with it now, next week will be getting cosy for Xmas.

VNDO

Chatty Member
It's really dull now, it's like she's just appealing to new viewers. Perhaps it's a rotation of new people watching and the old ones dropping off. I can understand if you come across her channel for the first time it's a real novelty but I'm done with it now, next week will be getting cosy for Xmas.
I think that's how her channel survives - from new viewers. It's definitely not catered to the subscribers she already has and I doubt their return rate is high. She's a 2 or 3 video channel. Once you've watched her a couple of times, there's nothing more because it's all so incredible repetitive. I had her latest video on just as background noise, but it was too dull even for that.