Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

rattlebat

I think he does look like he is 40+ My husband is 39 and he looks much younger than him. Could be the weight or the hair style that's aging him.

Yes, also, people who move to Svalbard are most likely not that interested in having kids. Yes, I know there are families with kids but still. It's not the best environment to have a family. Chris must have moved there for that reason, just to escape from it all and then the overly excited Cece popped up.
What surprises me more is that it looks like they have no friends. They used to mention them occasionally and even vlogged with them a couple times but it looks like most of them time it's just 2 of them.
Their life feels stagnated, like nothing ever happens which is what most people have but when you are a vlogger your life has to be interesting to watch.
There is one type of content that i could imagine her doing, its those daily 'nothing happens really' aesthetic (mostly silent) vlogs that I see a lot of korean or japanese youtubers do. They basically just film themselves doing daily mundane tasks like cooking or shopping, sometimes talk or just subtitle their videos). I do enjoy those not gonna lie lol, theyre very calming and pretty to look at. But cecilia cant shut up and has to have her face in frame all the time so it actually wouldnt really work for her lmao.

Reactions: 7

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Do we think they have a weird as fuck sex life or none at all ?
They quite often appeared to sleep separately, not that that stops sex 😂
On the boat they sleep in different places, and in a house tour Cecilia seemed to indicate that middle room with the day bed was used quite a lot by one or other of them.
The only time I've ever seen them being a bit affectionate was that time they went look at the old room Christopher lived in, in that hotel (the one that looked like it was from The Shining) where they had their first dates. They were both a bit giggly and coy.

• Haha

lilyannrose

VIP Member
I was watching one of her older videos from a couple of years ago to see if there has been any content evolution (nope) and C&C were having their cabin renovated so had been given the use of a friend's apartment to do laundry.

That whole scene she spent the time going on about how the apartment was not that great, that it was old school, that there are much nicer apartments in Svalbard now.

I always thought she was okay, now I don't think I want to watch her videos anymore even if I wasn't already getting bored of them. Left such a bad taste in my mouth.

Capri

To be honest with you I don’t think that she is getting TONS of requests. Barely any vloggers go to Svalbard, it’s not Las Vegas. Also, Svalbard is one of those places that you will only visit once in your life unless you have some connection to it so I am surprised she doesn’t grab a chance to collaborate. She did mention that people drain her. I am a bit younger than her and I am also noticing that I am way more introverted now than when I was in my 20s but if it had to do with my business I would make an exception and also try to be polite at all times because social media is brutal. Everything gets out.

Owing a few LV bags living in Svalbard is the height of idiocy for me. And I do like fashion. Svalbard is the place where you have to put on slippers entering a building or wear socks. It’s not glamorous. I guess she was happy she finally got a chance to parade her bag in Miami.

JulesWake

VIP Member
She is insane thinking people are entertained watching her read whilst in a remote tiny cabin. I'd much prefer to watch oatmeal soak up water than this drivel. 🙃

• Haha

Hanna Spanna

VIP Member
She is one of those people who thinks she is better than everyone else. She loves herself so much she doesn't really need anyone. She doesn't even need Christoffer, it's just convenient for her to have him and they actually moved in together because it was convenient. He puts up with it because he comes across as a bit lazy and he is getting older, not so much energy, it's nice for him to sit around and do some Cece's tasks she has for him instead of going to work.
I knew people like her. No matter what you do or achieve they always have this arrogance about them, they always think they are so much cooler and unique. Svalbard is her whole personality. I find it boring as hell. Most tourists visit it for 1-2-3 days because there is not much to do there really. It's not the coolest place in the world. There are plenty of places that are more beautiful or just as beautiful. I think she is very boring in real life. She is one of those friends who you can go shopping with or to grab a coffee but there is no depth to her. She is only interested in herself and the sound of her voice. Many people would find her annoying because of her "work", shopaholic tendencies and rich parents. she is not very relatable.
When they were visiting that couple in Sweden she claimed that she was gonna come back a few times a year. And who said she is welcome lol? They have a family and lots of relatives. Maybe they were just being polite. Her vlogging there and all that can be annoying. I bet she thinks she is so cool that anyone would want her as a friend. I didn't see any enthusiasm from her friends when she was visiting. There is no way in hell I would be inviting an annoying vlogger to my family house a few times a year (or even once lol)
Totally agree! She seems very superficial, and as you say no real depth to her. I think she likes to portray this cosy, slow living way of life, when in reality I don't think that's an accurate depiction of her or how she really is. She thinks she's found her niche with Svalbard, and I'm not denying it isn't beautiful there, but there's only so much she can rinse and repeat! Also, other content creators (hate that name) are going to Svalbard now and showing a bunch of stuff that she doesn't bother to! There's only so much of her prancing around on her deck in the snow, talking to Grim in the most annoying voice that one can bear! The polar bears must be able to hear her from miles off - that's why they choose to stay away!

• Haha

MissFinn

VIP Member
So glad i found this thread. I used to love her, but just find her super annoying now! Agree she seems rather fake. One of the things that grates on me, is she never bothers to reply to any of her comments. She comes across as spoilt, like money is no object and that's unrelatable. Her vlogs are definitely repetitive, there is only so much she can film on that island, Albeit is very beautiful there! Also think she and Christoffe are an odd couple. In her most recent vlog she was talking about how much she enjoyed being single and how she loves her alone time, so I wonder if she'll stay with him.
Yes agree with all. Like her days seem so so so boring. And when she went on how she loves to be alone I was like ok isnt that what you do almost daily anyway.

Theyre relationship seems like an arrangment to get the house/share costs. Its like business deal. I also wonder would she be with him if the island was full of single men in theyre 30s.

I feel like she thinks so highly of herself. Shes snobby and kinda very out of touch of reality. She is the kinda person to fake it in insta and social media when reality is something else completely..

Fully agree with the above. I’d love to see more of the day to day life in Svalbard, and stories of people who live there. I saw a video where she said she’d do more stories on locals, not sure if that was an old video or not but I hope she does.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
There’s so much I want to know about being a tourist there- how do you get about as a tourist you won’t have access to a gun which you have to carry and I guess be able to use, what guided tours are good value, what is there to do? So much she could cover to promote the island and she doesn’t! I know a couple who visited this island as part of a tour . They visited the Russian part and said it was very sad. They had been told took to take clothes and toys for the kids as they have nothing. She never touches on that part unless they go to the Russian hotel to eat. The Russians who work in the mines there wouldn’t be able to afford to! The photos and videos that my friends took show a much more interesting and busy place than cecilia does. They looked like two differe Places .
I always get the impression she doesn't want to encourage tourists tbh. She doesn't show what is available for tourists such as the hotels or amenities. Her angle is that it is an inhospitable place but they've managed to carve out a fairly comfortable hygge lifestyle.
Having said that I haven't watched for ages. Her baby voice with Grim just got too much 😂

• Haha

Nupy

Whatever her body looks like, I'm always distraced by her "huge" head as she loves to pose like this:
1705931233219.png

That last video was incredibly boring and hard to get through. It's not just her content, it is her personality as well. Very few people are truly entertaining but for god's sake, it's her job and she's not good at it.

• Haha
  • Heart

roarke

VIP Member
She outsources her merch by the look of things so she’s only providing the artwork, and there are currently no prints on there (unless they’re somewhere else). So what the hell is he doing apart from fixing their boat and making cinnamon buns?!

She also has just over 400 patrons. If we guess they all pay the lowest rung at £2.50
That’s £1,000 a month she gets from there alone.
She’s quickly making herself super unlikable and it’s a shame.

MissFinn

VIP Member
The fake british accent 😑😑 why??

Ps. She is such a bland boring person. Im sorry but her style is boring her persona is boring and she does nothing per day. She is like very non inluencal person 😆 like she only got the yt "fame" cause she lives in svalbard. Thats only interesting thing about her..

• Heart

AKW24

VIP Member
it's okay to bring it up again. if she googles herself as I feel she does, she reads here.

good to remind her that she's an arrogant, selfish, and self centered.

• Haha

JulesWake

VIP Member
I just see her in all these influencer events talking non stop about herself 😆 I can imagine these two wanting totally different stuff from holidays/life 😁 She would love the "it" places where She could show Off her designer bags. they are such a weird couple and mismatch and I feel like only reason they are together is Svalbard (and she isnt even planning To stay "forever?!) the forest man Will not move away from the cold! He didnt seem the type To become cessis assistant without own Job.

Ps. Im gonna check that Tim vlog too. Like why does She only show the one Grocery Shop and the Cafe 🤣
Maybe the villagers have banned her from most places?

Always thought it was off when she declined meeting up with other vloggers. (she doesn't owe anyone anything) but still :p
Now I'm starting to think she refuses to share the spotlight?

Maybe she has so many requests & is overwhelmed by her internet fame?
Just trying to sleuth here & figure her brain wiring out. <sarc>

I'll continue to watch the random video once in a while until I realise I've had enough; after 30 seconds.
I'm glad she creates content, it brings us all together here to discuss, which is much more entertaining imo.

• Haha

Capri

okay. yeah I saw her in theirs and thought it was odd that she didn't do one either.
I had remember looking to see if she did but never found it.
seems odd that 2 channels would meet and only one of them would do a vlog/video
And she needs this more than them. Not many travel vloggers would venture to Svalbard so her collab opportunies are very limited.

Kara and Nate are also childfree I believe.

Yep, even before her channel took off she used to say "I like designer stuff" and she showed a couple LV bags which is ok I guess. LV bags are easy to get with an average American/European salary. If you buy them second hand they can be relatively cheap and she did have a few jobs. She doesn't have a wall of Hermes in her cabin lol but I don't even know WHERE she would wear these bags anyways? There is nowhere to go on this island. And most of the time you have to carry a gun and a backpack. Shipping designer stuff from the mainland must be crazy expensive.

For some reason I could never understand how she likes all these fashion things and getting nails done but has this kind of lifestyle. I expected to see someone from that 'Alone" show but she is a very girly girl and she likes her Yeti, LV, pretty mugs and neon nails which is fine just weird

That video where she is talking about enjoying being single sounds like she is trying to justify something.

Her neighbours/friends are on the mainland with their baby. Looks like cabin lifestyle with the newborn is indeed not ideal.

MissFinn

VIP Member
I don't see them growing old together. I think she will eventually get bored on Svalbard. In the last Q&A it was obvious she might be ready to leave in a few years. She will probably move to Portugal but what will he do there? She will realize her content is repetitive. It happens to a ton of YouTubers. I know maaaany examples. Julia Graf who is also childfree from Switzerland had 1 mil subscribers, her content got repetitive. Eventually she got divorced (her husband didn't like YouTube) and got a normal job. She was only getting 5k views at the end of her YouTube carrier. The same can happen to Cece. Christoffer will become even more lethargic closer to 50. I can't imagine him being an active parent playing with 1-2 kids. He is a creature of a polar night - he likes eating and sleeping.

Opposites attract is just some random saying someone made up which is not always true IMHO. In reality partners have to have a lot in common to move forward in their relationship. If they are so different, it can cause resentment. You can see that they have communication issues. Christoffer is a man of a few words, he probably bottles it all up. Would be interesting to see what happens to them in 5-10 years. I unsubscribed from Cece long time ago but I will be checking in just out of curiosity.

Yessss!!!! She will want To move To Portugal but he will not move away from svalbard ever. Im just amazed She poored all that money To the cabin and isnt even planning To stay there for "long". I get that you want To live comfortable but all the massively expensive renovations and I cant imagine the reality market being hectic there. But She comes from money and money clearly is not something She worries.

I think In the beginning She made it look like they want similar stuff like nature cooking silence. Now the mask is slipping and I think She would love influencer events and To flaunt designer bags. Even the boat trips seem like shes not enjoying it at all cause they are just 2 of them. She wants someone She can show Off and Who will live with her In Portugal. Her content is so stale that this yt career will not Last.

Ps. Sorry my autocorrect is messed 😅

notspon

Why do fans send her things?! She doesn't need things, she orders them on the regular!

• Haha

VNDO

Chatty Member
Just curious, you don’t want people moving to Portugal? Or is it just these two?
Both, honestly. There's been a pretty growing resentment towards "expats" / digital nomads moving here, considering the tax benefits they have and how much nationals are taxed.

There's also barely any affordable housing anymore. Rents have more than double in just the last 5 years or so and our wages are the same. The number of young, highly educated people leaving the country is growing again, as we can barely afford to live here.

There's obviously more reasons for this, but being described as the california of europe for years on end on foreign magazines has had an impact. It also rubs us the wrong way that these people come here, with so much economic power, and claim how cheap it is , when we can't afford to rent a house.

It was nice in the beginning, but as we say in portuguese, tudo o que é demais enjoa (something along the lines of too much of anything, will make you sick)

• Heart

MissFinn

VIP Member
She spent €90 on Christmas ornament. Jesus
She is so materialistic its unreal! The amount of shit she has shipped to the island must be crazy!

Her content is so stale and boring. Its funny cause I live in a nordic country. Its dark and cold in the winter and its nothing exciting at all. If I would make content of my life it would be just as boring as hers 😆😆😆😁 im just amazed she gets so many views but it must be new people who watch few videos and after some time notice how boring ans materialistic she is

Ps. So agree with the comments about them. Such a weird dynamic. Shes his sugar mama and they have nothing in common than the living arragement.