CathyReaywrites (formerly thatsinglemum)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She may well be bi or whatever. But... She talks about men in a sexual way SO OFTEN, that I think she's just desperate for attention.

Reactions: 5
Fucks sake now she’s complaining her post engagement is really low.. maybe it’s because it’s starting to piss everyone off that the world and it’s dog (specifically clearly straight women such as Cathy) are now declaring themselves part of the LGBTQ community…..

I’m sure she’ll put it down to ableism

Reactions: 9
Fucks sake now she’s complaining her post engagement is really low.. maybe it’s because it’s starting to piss everyone off that the world and it’s dog (specifically clearly straight women such as Cathy) are now declaring themselves part of the LGBTQ community…..

This!!!!

I just really wish someone would call her out on it!!!

Reactions: 3

It’s another identity for her to weaponise and be marginalised by, this creates content from imagined bigotry against her and thus more engagement from followers fawning over her. She’s upset she didn’t get a Twitter-esque echo chamber response of OMG YOURE SO BRAVE KWEEEN WE STAN from thousands.

I feel people like her think it’s such a HUGE thing to announce and anyone not showing overt support is bi-phobic or something else. I’ve had several friends now who have dated primarily men, then women. No one has given a tit, it’s not some big announcement and we all get on with our lives supporting each other in whatever we do.

It doesn’t have to be your whole personality and something for you to invent situations where discrimination has occurred because of it.

I wholeheartedly believe the vast majority of people don’t care about how others live their lives and would like everyone to be equal regardless of differences. It’s just most people don’t care too much with it being shoved in their face and then being accused of bigotry or some ism/phobia because they’re quite non plussed about it all.

Cathy’s intense intersectional approach to life does far more to divide than unite people and I don’t get how fellow followers of this religion are so blind to it. It’s incredibly damaging.

PHEW, rant over 😬

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
It’s another identity for her to weaponise and be marginalised by, this creates content from imagined bigotry against her and thus more engagement from followers fawning over her. She’s upset she didn’t get a Twitter-esque echo chamber response of OMG YOURE SO BRAVE KWEEEN WE STAN from thousands.

I feel people like her think it’s such a HUGE thing to announce and anyone not showing overt support is bi-phobic or something else. I’ve had several friends now who have dated primarily men, then women. No one has given a tit, it’s not some big announcement and we all get on with our lives supporting each other in whatever we do.

It doesn’t have to be your whole personality and something for you to invent situations where discrimination has occurred because of it.

I wholeheartedly believe the vast majority of people don’t care about how others live their lives and would like everyone to be equal regardless of differences. It’s just most people don’t care too much with it being shoved in their face and then being accused of bigotry or some ism/phobia because they’re quite non plussed about it all.

Cathy’s intense intersectional approach to life does far more to divide than unite people and I don’t get how fellow followers of this religion are so blind to it. It’s incredibly damaging.

PHEW, rant over 😬
Absolutely. I've been slated for this before, but the "your bisexuality is valid even if you're in an opposite sex relationship" bollocks really winds me up.

I was in a lesbian relationship for 7 years. We split 7 years ago and I have exclusively dated men since then. I don't go around announcing it to the world - I don't know if I'll ever date another woman again, and I am now presumed to be heterosexual and benefit from that. Back then I was presumed to be gay and that was a totally different experience - when I was being verbally abused and having stuff thrown at me by men for having the audacity to be openly in a relationship with a woman I'd have told the conveniently bi when it's interesting but never actually in a relationship with someone if the same sex brigade to duck off. It's so self indulgent.

There are real people being oppressed for their sexuality and predominantly straight women co-opting a marginalised sexuality for personal gain aren't the ones suffering.

• Heart
Absolutely. I've been slated for this before, but the "your bisexuality is valid even if you're in an opposite sex relationship" bollocks really winds me up.

I was in a lesbian relationship for 7 years. We split 7 years ago and I have exclusively dated men since then. I don't go around announcing it to the world - I don't know if I'll ever date another woman again, and I am now presumed to be heterosexual and benefit from that. Back then I was presumed to be gay and that was a totally different experience - when I was being verbally abused and having stuff thrown at me by men for having the audacity to be openly in a relationship with a woman I'd have told the conveniently bi when it's interesting but never actually in a relationship with someone if the same sex brigade to duck off. It's so self indulgent.

There are real people being oppressed for their sexuality and predominantly straight women co-opting a marginalised sexuality for personal gain aren't the ones suffering.
Thanks for sharing and I'm really sorry you experienced that in the past.

I did wonder if a lot of the people who have supposedly unfollowed after her post might actually be members of the LGBTQ+ community who have had similar experiences and can see through this attention seeking. I can imagine it being offensive for some, especially for her to be shouting about it on BiVisibility day and maybe taking attention away from those who need/deserve it.

Given her usual content, I can't imagine many of her followers to be homophobic.

Reactions: 6
Thanks for sharing and I'm really sorry you experienced that in the past.

I did wonder if a lot of the people who have supposedly unfollowed after her post might actually be members of the LGBTQ+ community who have had similar experiences and can see through this attention seeking. I can imagine it being offensive for some, especially for her to be shouting about it on BiVisibility day and maybe taking attention away from those who need/deserve it.

Given her usual content, I can't imagine many of her followers to be homophobic.
Thanks ❤.

The reality is that for most part, nobody gave a tit and negative incidents were pretty rare, but there was always the sense that some people could be making a negative judgement. I never "came out" to anyone, not even my family. I just introduced my ex to everyone as my girlfriend and they could like it or lump it.

Even if she is bisexual, there's just such a "but what about ME" self involved feel to all of this. I probably am bisexual but since I'm presumed to be heterosexual now and have only had relationships with men recently, what difference does it make? Why do we have to make everything about ourselves?

Kind of off topic but kind of not because they love to share eachothers garbage insta posts… does thirtysomethingsingle have a thread? I feel like she should 😂

Reactions: 1
Kind of off topic but kind of not because they love to share eachothers garbage insta posts… does thirtysomethingsingle have a thread? I feel like she should 😂
There is one somewhere I think. I don't mind her, I've spoken to her a few times and she's pleasant and not totally self absorbed like Cathy, just a bit downtrodden.

Reactions: 2
“We are at the hospital but don’t ask me any questions “….. attention seeking much. PM ME HUN

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Why is she putting on her stories that her little girl is in the hospital if she doesn’t want people messaging her and she’s tired. Of course people are going to ask, not saying they should but people will be concerned. That’s what happens when you show your children on insta 🙄

Reactions: 7
Cor this hospital trip will give her a few days content. You know she will have a rant soon. Hope her little girl is OK though !

Reactions: 4
Hope her daughter is OK.

Feel the last thing I would do if my child was in hospital would be to rant on my Instagram story. I get there’s probably a lot of waiting around but it just seems odd to do this.
I get that they both have the same disability, but it felt odd she said 'our disability' when referring to the fact that her daughter is the one sick...so self absorbed.

Reactions: 3
Talking about sex education at school and it was all about ‘keeping penises happy’…sorry, what school did she go to? It was all just very biological for me and info about STDs.

So glad she’s done a course on squirting, so enlightening and essential.

Finally the fact she used the phrase ‘vulva owners’ 👀 I can’t.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.