CathyReaywrites (formerly thatsinglemum)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m shocked there isn’t already a thread on her?! She is so bleeping patronising. Does anyone think her most recent post (the letter from a “journo”) is faked for content??! There’s no way on earth that was genuine. Someone’s either taking the piss, or she’s faking it!!
There was a few others on the daisymaycooper thread who have called Cathy out for her bullshit before so I know it not just me 🙃

Reactions: 15
Definitely fake! I don’t doubt there are lots of examples of ableism and racism in all professions, but that email is so so blatantly her trolling herself.

Reactions: 7
Interesting! Initially I liked her because she gave some good insights to disability; but all these people posting dreams about her and her kids drives me nuts!

Reactions: 9
Another vote for definitely fake. I used to follow her a while back but she’s just too negative. I saw the supposed letter shared by someone else and I can’t believe people are buying into it.

Reactions: 6
I'm glad it's not just me. When BLM blew up last summer, her posts about disability and ableism were nearly word for word regurgitated posts about racism - other peoples' work!

Oh my god I've been dying for someone to start a thread after yesterday!! The first thing I thought when I saw that 'email' was that it was fake.

For starters it looks like it was written in the notes app, it's not a screen shot of an actual email. I've also googled 'the magazine for real people' and can't seem to find a magazine that exists with that name.

Cathy is a HUGE fan of calling companies out, so why not this time? Less than a week ago she was all over selfridges about their store approval policy, so why has someone doing something much much worse been granted anonymity?

I have noticed since the Daisy May Cooper incident she's become a lot more fixated on engagement, numbers, contwnt etc, along with flagrant DEMANDS for free stuff and paid work from companies. This 'email' has done exactly what she intended it to - driven huge amounts of followers her way so she can up her numbers and get more free stuff/paid collabs.

It's SO OBVIOUSLY fake.

• Heart
Look at her story from today:

Humble brag about new followers that she's gained overnight + specific directions on how brands can contact her for collabs/paid work + highlighting her 'boundaries' so no-one can question her about anything = the perfect ruse for Cathy.

Says it all really!

Schmickles2020 you’ve said exactly what I feel except far more eloquently! It has FAKE written all over it, so obvious. But if you dare to call her out, it’s discrimination apparently! Actually disgusting 🤢 if she’s written that herself.

This was another one which screams FAKE!! As if anyone was messaging her asking why she wasn’t posting about Prince Philip 🤣🤣🤣
8C2858E0-31FC-4F84-B7F8-632472F41973.png

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
Sadly I really think she has.

It read like some sort of 'offensive email by numbers' template. No-one would make that many gaffes and say that many offensive things in one email. The shoe horning in of the phrase 'half c**te' at the end did it for me. Totally didn't read true.

And you're right. Anyone who raised an eyebrow about it would be deemed ableist and be blocked instantly. She's built the perfect little echo chamber where she can't be questioned.

The grifting is strong with this one!

I still have more to say on this 😂

I also think the content of the email is interesting. She's made it clear for a while now that she wants opportunities in writing. I think that offensive fake email was constructed around someone offering her a writing opportunity so that a reputable publication (thonk grazia, cosmo, the guardian etc) will swoop in and offer her writing work for woke points.

Ok, I will shut up now but this has been bothering me so much since yesterday, it feels so good to get it off my chest 😂

There’s finally a Cathy thread! 😂

I discovered her account as a result of Bumblegate & started following her. Since then I’ve realised that ‘calling out’ companies seems to be a bit of a thing with her, and it makes me wonder whether it’s all just for engagement. I thought it was very telling that she storied about how many new followers she’s gained as a result of the alleged offensive email.

I’ve more time for her content than I’ve got for accounts that just vacuously flog teeth whiteners & fast fashion, but I do think she can be quite patronising sometimes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Oh that does ring a bell now.

That's another example where she's MORE than happy to call out the company in question...but with this mysterious "email" - not the case.

It's pissing me off that people are sharing it to bring attention to it!! YUK

Reactions: 2
I’ve more time for her content than I’ve got for accounts that just vacuously flog teeth whiteners & fast fashion, but I do think she can be quite patronising sometimes.
I think as time goes on this is what we're going to see more and more from her, she absolutely wants to become an influencer. As soon as there was a slight rise in followers the ad/gifted crap started.

I initially found her content interesting and felt it provided food for thought. But her attitude has very quickly become so entitled. Did anyone see her stories when she was calling out Selfridges? "Where's my bleeping Birkin?"

Also, her public calling out of all of the skincare brands who hadn't sent her free stuff? "I SEE YOU" etc.... it's just public shaming of brands to get them to either work with her or send her free stuff.

She also received flowers from bumble and proceeded to bollock them for that not being the 'right' thing to have done.

How does any of this uplift the disabled community at all?

Reactions: 7
All of the “dream club” stories - note they are written in the same descriptive, flowing style. Nobody spells the kids’ names incorrectly.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.