Carrie Hope Fletcher - If you come out of the theatre acting like a Heather...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to think that Oliver was so 'fame hungry' and had chosen to integrate himself into Carrie's life to help build an audience, so basically used to be really cynical about him.
However, one thing I've noticed with the Good Morning and Good Evening vids is how he has the notifications on for emails and seems to read quite a few of them - I know it's not much (the bar is so low lol) but to me it seems as if he is actually really valuing interacting with viewers rather than seeing them as like a 'business' or reducing it all to numbers and success like so many more experienced influencers do.
I'm really starting to warm to him so much more, he seems nice and normal, just a good guy.

Reactions: 17
Just saw that post! I wouldn't mind it being true - he'd be a good fit and I love the actor rumoured for Kristoff too.

Reactions: 1
I’ve always liked Oliver, he seems like a pretty decent guy you could have a pint and a laugh with. They’re just such a mix match couple 🙈

Reactions: 5
He seems quite laid back and she’s so uptight! But I mean they’ve lasted this long so I guess it works.

Reactions: 2
If Oliver as Hans is true Carrie is gonna be so jealous... I’m betting she tried her hardest to get an audition for Frozen!

Reactions: 3
I’ve always liked Oliver, he seems like a pretty decent guy you could have a pint and a laugh with. They’re just such a mix match couple 🙈
I suppose being with her would mean he would have somewhere to live and also being associated with her could possibly help him too.

I'm just assuming though, I don't know the MT business at all!

If Oliver as Hans is true Carrie is gonna be so jealous... I’m betting she tried her hardest to get an audition for Frozen!
I don’t know that she’ll be jealous as she’ll be starring in Cinderella - it’s not as if she’ll be out of work. But it remains to be seen whether either show will actually open. Can’t see it myself.

Frozen will be the much bigger show in terms of attention and they're opening at pretty much the same time. Also alw shows dont attract the buzz or success they used to 20+ years ago and so far Cinderella doesn't seem to be attracting much excitement away from Carrie's hard core base.

I agree it's a big question mark on whether they will open, but to be honest from what they've shown so far Cinderella has strong flop potential. especially in a very unstable market where if people are willing to risk theatres again its going to be for real events and crowd pleasers

Reactions: 7
Carrie such a 'words of affirmation' person. I think probably a lot of influencers are. Need those likes. :p

In her new video, she's making Oli take a quiz about love languages, he chose all of the answers that don't involve physical touch, and couldn't even say the words I love you.... he was clearly uncomfortable during the whole thing

• Wow
I don’t know that she’ll be jealous as she’ll be starring in Cinderella - it’s not as if she’ll be out of work. But it remains to be seen whether either show will actually open. Can’t see it myself.
I say jealous because a few years ago Carrie said how much she would love to be Elsa if Frozen ever came to the West End. I’m pretty sure I saw a few interviews where she said it and she had it as an answer on her tumblr back in the day too.
Where we’ve already established that Carrie isn’t a musical theatre lover, just a Carrie lover, I think if she was able to choose between playing Cinderella or Elsa she would have definitely gone for Elsa and I’m betting that she begged her agent to get her an audition with Disney.

Reactions: 4
I say jealous because a few years ago Carrie said how much she would love to be Elsa if Frozen ever came to the West End. I’m pretty sure I saw a few interviews where she said it and she had it as an answer on her tumblr back in the day too.
Where we’ve already established that Carrie isn’t a musical theatre lover, just a Carrie lover, I think if she was able to choose between playing Cinderella or Elsa she would have definitely gone for Elsa and I’m betting that she begged her agent to get her an audition with Disney.
Ah, that makes sense now!

I really cannot see Carrie as an Elsa at ALL. She’s too clumpy and not elegant enough 😂 If any character i’d lean more towards Anna 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 3
I don’t think they’ll stay together long the connection they clearly had originally isn’t there any more, she’s lost all confidence in the way she looks. The thing with Cinderella is to me it doesn’t seem like there’s the full thought behind it or the money to make it a success. Sticking CHF in some clumpy boots and making Cinders look semi modern with a dodgily dressed stepmother(?)/fairy godmother(?) does not inspire me or say ‘ALW musical’. It looks cheap! She couldn’t play Elsa she needs sadly to realise that you can be what she calls plus size and have short hair in the YouTube world but to be cast (and not stunt cast) she needs to change up her look. Oliver is very dashing looking so that will get him cast in roles like Hans all day long & now he’s getting more successful he’s going to leave her in the dust.

Reactions: 4
This is so Carrie - pretending to celebrate Oliver (#hans) but actually making it all about her as usual. 🙄
9ECED39D-BE2A-466A-A480-A2636BCF2C5F.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Ah but don’t forget, ALW is thinking totally outside of the box by making Prince Charming gay and Cinders not like other girls.

I’ve lost all respect for him and Cameron Mackintosh with how badly they’ve treated their workers during the pandemic. Everyone is being laid off because they don’t want to pay a single £ towards furlough. Phantom is getting the Mis treatment, totally stripped down and re-choreographed. Staff that have been there 30+ years let go and replaced with new people so they can pay them less. It’s abhorrent but of course Kermit won’t speak one bad word about either of them!

Cant wait for her to be inevitably vile about the girls who play Anna because they’ll be kissing Oliver 8 shows a week!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
This is so Carrie - pretending to celebrate Oliver (#hans) but actually making it all about her as usual. 🙄
View attachment 184126
Her smile looks soooo forced! Oli shoved to the back 😂 wouldn’t you have him in the forefront clinking a glass or something?!
I feel quite chuffed for Oli as Carrie has clearly always thought of him as not quite as good as her. 🙄 He’s perfect for Hans. 👏🏻

Absolutely chuffed for Oli! Like everyone else has said - these Good Morning / Evening videos have really worked in his favour and shone him in a brilliant light. He's so knowledgable of the business and incredibly down to earth. Carrie just looks more and more clueless in every video.

The Cinderella adoration baffles me. I keep waiting for her to slip up because surely she knows the risks involved?! Aside from ALW's newer musicals not being particularly good.

Unless she genuinely is THAT deluded. Which is probable.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.