Carrie Hope Fletcher - If you come out of the theatre acting like a Heather...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People who go on about their GCSE results more than a decade later are just the most tedious. That's the kind of thing that gives away the fact she hasn't had much of a 'normal' life - because in my experience, once you go to college or uni or start work, your GCSE results become ancient history and no one cares.
I just finished my undergraduate and going on to do a masters and the grade that I JUST got won't really matter in a couple of months 😂

Reactions: 5
I just finished my undergraduate and going on to do a masters and the grade that I JUST got won't really matter in a couple of months 😂
Congratulations because that's a lot of hard work! It will matter probably until you start working but as soon as you're working, your last job is the main important thing for interviews etc.

Congratulations because that's a lot of hard work! It will matter probably until you start working but as soon as you're working, your last job is the main important thing for interviews etc.
Thank you! Oh for sure it definitely is an important part of my education history and I obviously didn't do it for nothing! 😄 I just mean that what grade I got won't be the top selling point compared my grade for my masters... it's like when your a level results don't come up in conversation when you get to uni 😂 Carrie isn't special because she got a GSCE 10 years ago like she seems to think

In that video with Jodie dancing in rehearsals, the bit that makes me cringe is when Carrie tries to do the robot too and then quickly stops, knowing that she's not going to get any attention for it.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I don't want to start a ruckus on here, but I do think people telling her that she shouldn't let her cat out is kind of ridiculous. She has a big garden and keeps an eye on him. It feels more cruel to shut in a cat who has spent his life up until now being able to go outdoors.

The cats I've had in my life have always had free reign of the cat flap, so I don't really understand indoor cats.
I thought it was her the one that doesn’t want her cat to go out’ in her own words “we didn’t let Egdar go out today”

About her "facts" about cats in that video:
" In an apparent early modern example of urban legend, the invention of the pet door was attributed to Isaac Newton (1642–1727) in a story (authored anonymously and published in a column of anecdotes in 1893) to the effect that Newton foolishly made a large hole for his adult cat and a small one for her kittens, not realizing the kittens could use the large hole as well.[6] Two Newton biographers cite passages saying that Newton kept "neither cat nor dog in his chamber".[7][8] Yet over 60 years earlier, a member of Newton's alma mater Trinity College, one J. M. F. Wright, reported this same story (from an unknown source) in his 1827 memoir, adding: "Whether this account be true or false, indisputably true is it that there are in the door to this day two plugged holes of the proper dimensions for the respective egresses of cat and kitten."[9]"

I know the list was just a bit of fun, but I literally just googled "Isaac Newton cat door", and this Wikipedia passage disputing it came up as the first result. I'd just like her to put a liiittle effort into her videos, but I don't think she will again.

Why is she still saying she's got blonde hair. Maybe it was back in 2014 but it's definitely faded to a light brown 😂

Edited this for Carrie because I’m so thoughtful 😂
Haha, I love it! The one you edited certainly resembles her so much better! I wouldn’t call her hair blonde to be honest, maybe back in the earlier days of her channel but not so much now :confused:

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I still think Cinderella opening in March/April is hopelessly optimistic. A second wave far worse than the first one is predicted in the UK winter. If that is the case there is no way they’ll have theatres open. It seems really short-sighted. Yes, record and release a cast album now, but don’t make it sound like we will be back to business as usual by March. I’m happy to be proved wrong on this but as a nurse, I just shake my head. 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Hello, long time lurker, I was previously a McFly fan and never really got the hype of Carrie when she was on youtube/tumblr back in the day, even though I can appreciate she can sing, but i've just had a random memory of there being a 'McFly secrets' tumblr page and it still appears to be up. There's a few posts about her on there if anyone wants a blast from the past https://mcflysecretsweekly-blog.tumblr.com/

Reactions: 2
Okay, look...I think it's great for people to be creative for their own joy and fulfilment. I don't think you need to be able to draw/sing/dance/whatever in order to do it, creativity is good for the soul. But if she's putting up pictures that are getting thousands of likes, I think it's okay for me to diss them.

She boasts a GCSE in Art, and her drawings are still at GCSE level. The only picture I thought was fun was the one of Scott Paige, and she showed in a video that she basically just traced it. I'm also sure I've seen the pose of the plus size mermaid before too. I'm not saying she shouldn't draw or even that she's bad at it, it just makes me cringe when she seems to think she's tit hot at everything she turns her hand too.. Also, if she loves art so much why not use her platform to boost the illustrators she's clearly copying poses from?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.